Apple's Find My Friends App Catches Cheating Wife

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Wow, there really is an app for everything...

Although, I wonder why you needed an app for it. Don't most phones come with a sort of location thing already? It helped me to find my phone at least...

Johann610

Nov 20, 2009
On the one hand, if you are so SURE about cheating that you'd violate someone's PHONE to find out, then the marriage is pretty much over.
On the other hand, if you're SUSPICIOUS enough to violate someone's life in any way sniffing for PROOF, then the trust is gone and the marriage is pretty much over.
In other words, iPhone has replaced the Private Eye as this year's "find the evidence I need to end my marriage NOW" tool.

I have been caught with odd messages on MY phone, and I lost the girl who found them, but I'm better off without an un-trusting, hateful, argumentative person in my life, I tell you what.

If the press publishes HIS name, I see him AND her being dateless for quite sometime.

Scytail

Jan 26, 2010
Johann610 said:
On the one hand, if you are so SURE about cheating that you'd violate someone's PHONE to find out, then the marriage is pretty much over.
On the other hand, if you're SUSPICIOUS enough to violate someone's life in any way sniffing for PROOF, then the trust is gone and the marriage is pretty much over.
In other words, iPhone has replaced the Private Eye as this year's "find the evidence I need to end my marriage NOW" tool.
He didnt "violate" her phone. Its not like he went and read her text messages or hacked her email. She is the stupid one for not making sure her phone is secure.

Do you take a brand new computer for a spin around the internets? Or do you pop in a firewall install cd or a malware/spyware blocker first?

DreamingMacaron

Aug 17, 2011
Johann610 said:
I have been caught with odd messages on MY phone, and I lost the girl who found them, but I'm better off without an un-trusting, hateful, argumentative person in my life, I tell you what.
When you say "odd messages," what exactly do you mean?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Its going to be hilarious when she turns around and sues him for doing this. Between personal privacy and tampering with property, you just know there's a broken law there somehwere.

Johann610

Nov 20, 2009
Picking up someone's phone, installing software without telling them, and running it without their permission? I consider that, at BEST, virus-like behavior.
But to take your argument at face value? If a spouse has to SECURE their phone against another spouse doing things like this, and it is EXPECTED that the another spouse will, then the trust is gone and the marriage is pretty much over anyway.

For the record, I was planning some activities--with my friends--that were outside of her comfort zone. That's my story.

Johann610

Nov 20, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
Its going to be hilarious when she turns around and sues him for doing this. Between personal privacy and tampering with property, you just know there's a broken law there somehwere.
It's a tort law--civil wrong. Pretty sure that this is LEVERAGE in divorce court.

Canus

Feb 15, 2010
vansau said:
Honestly, I'm not sure who's more in the wrong here, since both parties violated each other's trust.
It's her. The one having sex with a third party. That is the person more in the wrong here. Cheating on your spouse is a worse thing than installing an app on someone's phone. This is not debatable.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I personally believe...

lol anyway, I do think she's definitely in the wrong here. I suppose in the olden days this would just be akin to following his wife to make see if she's cheating on him

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
To all those who's saying he's "in the wrong", he may very well be, but here's a question:

--Was the phone in his name purchased by him under his own account?

if "Yes") Then he was perfectly in the legal rights to put whatever tracking programs and devices on his own property under ownership of his own account.

if "No") Then he's not only in the wrong, but he's going against several cyber-based laws enacted over the past decade. Anyone recall that husband who go into trouble for logging into his wife's Facebook account even when he had readily access to it? Well, he got into trouble because it wasn't his property or his to access without permission. This is the same concept.

Feb 9, 2011
That's wonderful. I see nothing wrong with what he did. He bought the phone in the first place and had every right to load whatever the hell he wanted to. Besides, he wasn't the one cheating, so if that's what it takes to prove his wife was, more power to him. Put the screws to her in court now.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Scytail said:
Do you take a brand new computer for a spin around the internets? Or do you pop in a firewall install cd or a malware/spyware blocker first?
It's Linux. I'll just drive it as is.

If the phone is in his name, he's screwed because he's a man in a divorce. If the phone is in her name, he's screwed because of cyberlaws, and he's a man in a divorce.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Canus said:
vansau said:
Honestly, I'm not sure who's more in the wrong here, since both parties violated each other's trust.
It's her. The one having sex with a third party. That is the person more in the wrong here. Cheating on your spouse is a worse thing than installing an app on someone's phone. This is not debatable.
You and I might believe that, but then again we are sane. I can not say the same for everyone.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
The fact of the matter is... he wasn't wrong about not trusting her.

Comparing "installing a app to check where you think your unfaithful wife is, and then being proved right" with "cheating on your husband is laughable.

What she did was far worse.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
In court those pictures are useless because he obtained them illegally, I hope he does contact a lawyer before spilling his beans so they can sort that out, you know she's cheating so just get her to confess then take her to the cleaners.

Sure the guy did an unlawful thing to confirm his suspicions but morally he was completely right to do so, if your partner is lying and cheating then what exactly is the point of staying with them.

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
vansau said:
"I got my wife a new 4S and loaded up find my friends without her knowing. She told me she was at her friends house in the east village. I've had suspicions about her meeting this guy who live uptown. Lo and behold, Find my Friends has her right there."
Nice invasion of her of privacy? Isn't that sort of thing a legal offence in the USA? (I'm not saying cheating is right either.)

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
So...a wife cheats on her husband and everyone is attacking the husband?
You people are disgusting.

Nuke_em_05

Mar 30, 2009
To all the "he was justified" folks...

What if he installed that without notifying her, checked her location, and she was actually in the East Village? Then she finds out he had been spying on her?

Ends don't justify means.

I mean, why don't we have the government install cameras in our homes? So long as we aren't doing anything illegal there should be nothing to worry about, right?

Either way, this marriage was doomed.