Aqua & Shap's Game of Life - [Closed - Started!]

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Lost In The Void said:
I knew you had an agenda Mookie, I just knew it XD
You should watch your ass (hehe). His tricks worked on me, and now he's gotten a taste of the true power of the rainbow side.[/quote]

The difference being I was raised my entire life in redneck town so if I ever winded up being rainbow you can bet your little gay ass my mind would repress the shit outta that XD

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Lost In The Void said:
Sporky111 said:
Lost In The Void said:
You should watch your ass (hehe). His tricks worked on me, and now he's gotten a taste of the true power of the rainbow side.
The difference being I was raised my entire life in redneck town so if I ever winded up being rainbow you can bet your little gay ass my mind would repress the shit outta that XD
That's why you need someone like me to bring you out of your shell :p college is all about exploring, eh?

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Sporky111 said:
Mookie_Magnus said:
Your character and mine are totally gonna rape him, aren't they, Sporky?
Rape him and make him play for our team.

Because that's what gay guys do all day... plot to turn straight men gay.
Sex, drugs, and alcohol. It makes college the perfect atmosphere for us :3
Well hell that's what college is for. If you haven't made a mistaken drunken hookup and then spent the next day smoking pot to forget about it, then you are clearly not me.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Sporky111 said:
Lost In The Void said:
Sporky111 said:
Lost In The Void said:
You should watch your ass (hehe). His tricks worked on me, and now he's gotten a taste of the true power of the rainbow side.
That's why you need someone like me to bring you out of your shell :p college is all about exploring, eh?
Ya...I'll stick with women, I like that better XD

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Lost In The Void said:
Sporky111 said:
Lost In The Void said:
Sporky111 said:
Lost In The Void said:
Ya...I'll stick with women, I like that better XD
Pfft, you're such a cock tease :p
NeoAC said:
Sporky111 said:
Mookie_Magnus said:
Your character and mine are totally gonna rape him, aren't they, Sporky?
Rape him and make him play for our team.

Because that's what gay guys do all day... plot to turn straight men gay.
Sex, drugs, and alcohol. It makes college the perfect atmosphere for us :3
Well hell that's what college is for. If you haven't made a mistaken drunken hookup and then spent the next day smoking pot to forget about it, then you are clearly not me.
Not yet, but it's bound to happen.

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
@Lambi: Same here man, it'll be good to RP with you again. Though I hope the RP starts soon, otherwise I'll have to miss a couple of days, cuz I'm out in three hours :/

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
"So I was sitting there in the bar and this guy comes up to me and he said "My life stinks" and I saw his gold credit card and I saw the way that he was looking at people across the room and I looked at his face and you know, what a good looking face, and I just said,

'Dude, your perspective on life sucks.'"

Aqualung and Shapsters Present
The Game of Life
Volume III

Starring;
ae86gamer, CounterAttack, Lost in the Void, Neo AC, Nexus424, Lambi,
CosmicCommander, Mookie_Magnus, The Poodonkis, The Zango, & Sporky111

Featuring;
Aqualung, Shapsters

_______________________________________________________________________________________________​

It's a warm day in the city. With the smothering humidity of the passing summer now fading away, the sun is enjoyable and tolerable with only a cool drink in hand. While the beach would be the place to be today, you're not partying the day away just quite yet.

Welcome to Harbour College. Four (or more) gruelling years of high school, and you have finally made it. The road may have been the best thing to grace your life, or might have given you your pessimistic outlook instead; either way, new beginnings have come, and the time to take advantage of it is now.

Finish unpacking your bags, wander the halls of your residence, and get to know the strangers and friends around you. Or hide from social confrontation in your room. You're the adult now- the choices are yours.

Go live your life.

- - - - - - -

On the heavy wooden desk pushed into the corner of your room, a fluorescent green sheet glares vividly under the light of a wide window. Riddled with exclamation marks and clip art, the paper clearly marks a freshman's handiwork. It reads,

FRESHMAN BASH
Welcome to Harbour College- the start of the best years of your life!
This will be the week that you find friends you will love for the rest of your life! Come meet and greet your fellow freshmen (and women!) at Harbour College's Freshman Bash this evening at the college club, The Turret.
Dress is casual, and drinks are PROHIBITED! There will be a bar of non-alcoholic drinks available!
Come, dance, and have fun!

A few local bands are listed to play, along with directions to The Turret. Looks like it should be a fun time.

Too bad about the alcohol though, right?

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
"No alcohol?! Damn, still might be good though" said Ted as he perused the flyer on his desk, having already unpacked most of his things and settled them in, including somehow hiding his 25'' bong behind a large cupboard. He twizzled in his chair until he faced his room. This was where he would spend the next three years of his life, this was where he'd live, love and get high, throughout his College years and to be honest, it wasn't bad.

"Might aswell go out and meet a few people" he continued to himself, as he stood from his seat and proceeded to the door, where he opened it and then stepped outside, into his new life.

Feel free to interact with Lance, but my posting is going to be sporadic this weekend :/

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Susan was reading over the flyer she had in her hands somewhat not interested. Well, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, I don't even know if I'll go... She put the flyer down and looked at all the boxes she had to unpack. She sighed and chuckled, then started on one box, which contained her video games. She'd need something to help her relax during her time in Harbour College, and Fallout 3, Oblivion and many more were just the thing she needed.

She was now living in a residence with two other people. A guy named Gabriel, who looked sort of cute, and a girl named Claudette, who was also rather cute, she thought. She sometimes did that, wondered whether she thought her friends, or potential friends, were cute. Bah, what does it matter? I'd rather have good friends than a boyfriend or a girlfriend who I'm not sure will work between us. She chuckled to herself and finished putting her video games on a shelf in her room. They all fitted well on one shelf, leaving room for other stuff she could put up on it. She smiled at her arrangement and began to open another box, this one containing her consoles.

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
Harbour College... I could have gone with an Ivy League place, but I had to choose this, and end up taking a train all the way from Philadelphia.

The jerking of the train was annoying, and Mark couldn?t read his book. His luggage (a single suitcase with seven white shirts, seven black trousers, seven socks, seven sets of underwear, and his laptop and wallet within) was banging against his leg, and the homeless man next to him smelt like piss.

This is going to be fun, I can tell already.

The train began to squeal, an indication of it slowing. Glancing out the window, Mark noticed that there was some light- an indication of him nearing the end of the tunnel.

The brightness grew, and grew, until the train rushed out of the tunnel, and into the light. Mark glanced outside, and a small smile flickered onto his lips.

Harbour city. Home.

[HEADING=2]

* * *​
[/HEADING]

Mark slumped on his bed, his suitcase on his floor. He gave a sigh as he examined his room; it looked rather comfortable, and it seemed to have everything he needed. He was just glad he wasn?t sharing it with anyone.

He looked at the note tacked on below the window, and gave a sign.

?They don?t even know how to format this rubbish... Hrm...?

Mark folded up the note, and quickly pocketed it. He gave a sigh about having to go to a party; he didn?t have to go, but he?d like to feel left in the loop of the matter, and catch a glimpse of the idiots he?d be tolerating for the next few years.

He gave a groan, and walked towards the door.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
The first thing Claudette had unpacked was her Yamaha DGX630 piano. It had been a graduation gift from her parents, so she cherished it above all else. When she received it she hugged her parents and thanked them over and over again.

After setting it up, she went to unpack the rest of her belongings. She had the usual things, like clothes, undergarments, toiletries, mp3, laptop, etc. But she also had a few personal items, like a picture of her mother and father with her at the Eiffel Tower, and a small, tattered teddy bear her father had gotten her when she was eight.

Claudette missed her parents, even though they were only two hours away. Still, she had never been away from them for long periods of time, so living in an apartment with two other people she barely knew for an entire year was going to be a big adjustment.

When everything was put away and organized she finally grabbed the green paper that had been sitting on her desk. She read it, folding it neatly and setting it down on the desk afterwards.

I guess I could go. It would be nice to meet other people and make some new friends. I am gonna be here for a while after all..

ThePoodonkis

Apr 22, 2008
"Blue moon. You saw my standing alone..." Kiska sang in her native Russian as she starting putting her things away. Some CDs here, books over there, that Dark Side of the Moon poster would look good over there, clothes go in the closet, and so on and do forth.

She found a strange green sheet of paper as she was putting her computer on her desk. "No alcohol. I'm sure that will not be a problem at all." she said, smiling. "This may be a fun way to spend my first evening here. Who knows, I might make some good friends." She folded the paper, and put it in her coat pocket.

"I guess that will do for day one, I can call mother tonight after everything is done." she said, putting away her last few things, "Now, to wait for my room mate." She sat on her bed, and began reading a book, waiting for what could be her first friend in Harbour College, Micah Finn. She'd not talked much to this Micah person, but from what words they have exchanged, he seemed like a nice enough person. Only time would tell.

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
Micah walked up the stairs to the apartment he shared with a girl. Kiska, her name was... if he remembered correctly. He was bad with names when he first got to know people, but he figured she'd be easy to remember. It wasn't a common name, but it was pretty.

On each of his arms, he had a couple of green canvas bags filled with groceries, he had gone shopping for supplies, and decided to pick up more than he had intended to buy, but it was alright. He was able to strong-arm them up the steps.

He managed to wiggle the front door open, and sidle inside to the living room, then dropped the bags on the dining table.

"Hey, Kiska." Micah called out to her, wondering if she was home. The door was unlocked, so he assumed she was. "I picked up some groceries, so we don't have to go out to eat constantly, or order pizza every night. You want some lunch or something?"

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
With assistance from his mother Sarah, Gabriel Nayl had managed to unload his three or so suitcases, two guitars, amplifier and laptop from the back seat and boot of her car a minute or so after they had pulled up to the campus residence building. After finding a small handcart and loading everything onto it, besides one of the two instruments which he wore over his shoulders like a backpack, the young musician had kissed his mother goodbye, promised to send regular emails about his progress, and watched her drive off, a sense of freedom stealing over him as he watched the familiar blue Honda recede into the distance.

Soon enough Gabriel had found the apartment in which he would be staying for the next few years. The door was open; someone must be here already. Upon walking into the room to find two girls close to his age, he had smiled to himself, the three of them had exchanged brief introductions and he had headed into the lone unoccupied bedroom to unpack his things and move in.

The guitars were placed on their stands, which he had managed to fit into the instruments' covers. The amp was set down by the electric guitar, an obvious pairing. Contents of the suitcases went into drawers and the small closet; Gabriel took care to ensure that his more formal apparel hadn't been creased or rumpled in transit. Within ten minutes or so everything had been taken care of, besides the two posters he had brought which he would put up another time.

After giving the room a quick once-over, Gabriel spotted the flyer on the desk. Both the flyer and the desk had been in the room since before he had moved in. "Huh. Someone needs Photoshop lessons, if you ask me," he noted aloud after looking at the slightly messily designed advertisement, shaking his head in slight contempt. "Still, with any luck this party won't be as badly done as the ad."

With that he dropped the piece of paper back down onto the desk and returned to the residence's central room, getting himself a glass of water before he sat down on the couch with it, taking a sip occasionally.

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Susan was still unpacking, having gotten up her 32" flatscreen and all her consoles neatly placed around it. She also had a few books for some light and fun reading, and a few movies on DVDs to watch.

She finished unpacking everything else she had, neatly putting everything in it's right place, and then stepped back to take a look at everything. It looked rather good, she thought. After all that unpacking, she was feeling a little hungry.

She left her room and closed the door behind her, and walked over to the kitchen. She noticed Gabriel sitting on a couch near the kitchen. "'Ello there. Gabriel, wasn't it? Nice to see you again." She gave a smile when she spoke to him. "Have you unpacked everything? I just finished unpacking myself."

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Connor pulled out the last two of his boxes from the back seat of his car, groaning a bit at the weight. He hefted them up against his chest and balanced them there for a second, then kicked the door shut on his Cavalier.

He carried the boxes into his room as fast as he could, setting them down on the floor beside the rest of his belongings with a sigh. The first box he opened happened to have his iPod deck on top, which was perfect for him: unpacking would be plenty better with some tunes.

Plugging in the deck to the nearest outlet, he pulled his iPod from his pocket and set it up. Soon he had an energetic tune playing, with heavy bass. He turned the volume up to his preferred volume, which is louder than anyone else likes if they're in the room nearby, and set to work unpacking the rest of his boxes.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
"Oh, hi, um..." Gabriel paused for a moment, trying to remember the older one's name. "Ah, yes. It's Susan, right? Susan Garth. Sorry, names can be an issue for me sometimes. And yeah, I'm pretty much done. I left some of my not-so-necessary things in one of my suitcases; things like books, a couple of packs of cards, that sort of thing." He didn't mention the secured bottle of Bacardi which he had left packed; that could wait until such time as he had gotten to know his new roommates a little better.

"So... what are you planning to study here at college?" he asked, not really sure of anything else to say. Hopefully conversation would be easier after a week or so of living with Susan and... Claudette, that was the other name. Claudette Bellerose.

ThePoodonkis

Apr 22, 2008
At some point, Kiska must have fallen asleep. She woke up hearing a door open and her book was lying on the floor. She heard someone walk in and say something she couldn't quite make out. "I think my room mate's here..." She said, shaking herself awake. She walked out to see several bags on the table, and Micah standing there.
"Micah, I presume?" She smiled at her new friend, "Hi, I'm Kiska." She saw the bags on the table, and felt bad about not helping bring them up. "Sorry I couldn't help, I must have fallen asleep. Do you, uh, need help bringing your things up?"

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"How do you expect to get people to dance without drinks? Sigh, I thought these people were supposed to be smart."

Anya tossed her duffel bag full of her clothes back over her shoulder, as she passed the bulletin board where she had found the flyer she just finished scanning. It wasn't that hard to balance. There wasn't all that many clothes in the duffel bag. With no help from the parents, there wasn't a lot she could manage to get from the house via her friend's place to the Chicago terminal. The Villarrials gave her what help they could but it was a bit short notice so she still didn't have much. There would need to be a shopping trip in the future. "Here we go. This is the room I guess."

As she entered the room, she immediately tossed her bag into the far corner near the sink. Her laptop/electronics bag was more carefully placed on the bed she saw coming in, as were her current collection of drinkables; some Blue curacao, Sourpuss, Creme de minthe. Some good tasting stuff that could be powered down quickly, or sipped on for a bit. A bit of it would probably have to go down before this dance if there was going to be any fun had.

She was in such a hurry to get her stuff set down that she didn't even notice that there was loud music blaring in the room. And that their were boxes scattered around the room. And that there was a guy standing there. Hmmm, not bad, kind of skinny. All black though, could be a cutter. Gonna have to be careful with him. "Oh wow, totally didn't notice you there. Um...so you're my roommate for this year? Wasn't expecting co-ed dorms, but I like it!"