Archie Comics Absorbs Mega Man

QuantumWalker

Dec 21, 2009
Lord Krunk said:
DO BATTLE NETWORK
DO BATTLE NETWORK
DO BATTLE NETWORK

Quite possibly one of the best game series ever.

EDIT: Sans BN4.
Glad people still remember Battle Network.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
The Great JT said:
They did, in addition to the Sonic comics and Archie and Sabrina The Teenage Witch (AKA "Riverdale's Hot Goth Chick").
I enjoyed the Sonic comics, too. Don't know if they'd hold up now, but then, I'd have to dig through 9 million boxes in storage just to find out. They were fun then, though.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
Serious response: Cool. I'll have to look into that.

Fanboy response: Eeeeeeee! I already adore the Sonic comics and now they're doing this!? Sweet Jesus 2011 is the year of undiluted awesome!

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
The thing about this is first, you're going to have the detractors who are weeaboo's and are going to start quoting the admittadly awesome Manga and Anime of these different series (though MMZ's Manga isn't that good, IMO). Then, you're going to have people who don't care about the manga, but who will shit bricks if they perceiver anything as being different than how they perceive the MM world. If they can get past these two main detractors, who can turn public opinion against them, they'll be fine.

Honestly, it looks awesome, though the actual nature of the comics would be interesting because of how it shifts. Megaman is very cartoony, bright, and colorful. MMX is fairly dark; people betray each other, there is love, desperation, etc. Also, people die fairly often, so going from Megaman to Megaman X will be a shock for those who don't realize it/only eand up readin the comics (seriously, there are people who only read the Sonic comics and have never played any of them games).

Than there is MMZ, which is not just fairly dark, it's full on Post-great war that destroys most of the planets eco-system, and really gets deep in there showing how this has made the world.

MMZX is about the same level of mature themes as MMX, MML is brighter than MMX but darker than MM, and MM:BN runs the gamut depending on the game and scenario.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Souplex said:
Lord Krunk said:
DO BATTLE NETWORK
DO BATTLE NETWORK
DO BATTLE NETWORK

Quite possibly one of the best game series ever.

EDIT: Sans BN4.
Don't forget sans 5, 6, and battlechip challenge.
Battlechip Challenge was awesome though...A surprisingly deep strategy game.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I await the issue where they all find out Roll is homosexual and they all accept her as she is.