Are men finished? Will our new female overlords be kind?

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Evidencebased said:
vxicepickxv said:
Evidencebased said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
(snip)
Nope.

If women were the wonderful, delectable angels that we sometimes think they are - why would they flock in droves to watch Twilight?
Yup, we ladies are gonna replace all the men with sparkly vampires! 'Cause they are so romaaaantic and pweeeety and seeee--GHERK HURK. ...Ahem, sorry, just coughing up one of my lungs there.

But nah, I'm fairly sure that men will stick around. At the very least we need them for reprodu--

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=asexual-lizards

Huh.

Well, looks like y'all are fucked. We'll miss you! :D
I was wondering what would happen to humanity when the Y chromosomes stopped getting carried on.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4225769
Huh, cool article! I guess I'm not too surprised that the Y chromosome has a way of maintaining itself; I imagine there is too much evolutionary benefit to sexual reproduction for males to just quietly and sadly die out like that. (The Y chromosome is very wee and silly and adorable though. Aww, who's a tiny lil blob of sexual dimorphism? You are! You are!) ;p

That is part of the reason guys tend to be hit harder/more often with some genetic diseases though; if a gene on the Y chromosome gets messed up there is no "good" copy for the cells to use, and the mutation is expressed. So actually it might be beneficial for the Y chromosome to copy its genes, or at least to pare away as many as possible, because there is less opportunity for Y-linked hereditary diseases. (Aw, who's a clever lil chromosome? You are!) ^^
You forgot one thing Mutation are very help too.

Evidencebased

Feb 28, 2011
Golan Trevize said:
Evidencebased said:
Golan Trevize said:
Don't worry people, once China and India become the next economical superpowers we'll go back to the notion that men are superior to women. :D
Hmm, and at that point we'll probably start running out of women like they are... :p
So, they'll start importing our women, just like they do with everything else. Note to self: Start making babies, discard the males, keep the females.
So do we keep adopting their baby girls, and then start sending over our adult women? Or we could send them our baby boys, take their baby girls, send our adult women--

...That's a weird economy right there. :p

magnuslion

Jun 16, 2009
IceStar100 said:
Evidencebased said:
vxicepickxv said:
Evidencebased said:
(snip)
Nope.

If women were the wonderful, delectable angels that we sometimes think they are - why would they flock in droves to watch Twilight?
Yup, we ladies are gonna replace all the men with sparkly vampires! 'Cause they are so romaaaantic and pweeeety and seeee--GHERK HURK. ...Ahem, sorry, just coughing up one of my lungs there.

But nah, I'm fairly sure that men will stick around. At the very least we need them for reprodu--

Huh.

I was wondering what would happen to humanity when the Y chromosomes stopped getting carried on.

Huh, cool article! I guess I'm not too surprised that the Y chromosome has a way of maintaining itself; I imagine there is too much evolutionary benefit to sexual reproduction for males to just quietly and sadly die out like that. (The Y chromosome is very wee and silly and adorable though. Aww, who's a tiny lil blob of sexual dimorphism? You are! You are!) ;p

That is part of the reason guys tend to be hit harder/more often with some genetic diseases though; if a gene on the Y chromosome gets messed up there is no "good" copy for the cells to use, and the mutation is expressed. So actually it might be beneficial for the Y chromosome to copy its genes, or at least to pare away as many as possible, because there is less opportunity for Y-linked hereditary diseases. (Aw, who's a clever lil chromosome? You are!) ^^
all known mutations have severe negative repercussions. Lrn2science.
also: in these articles we are implying that women will begin to reproduce asexually. any takers on a betting pool for that? anyone that stupid?

AngryFrenchCanadian

Dec 4, 2008
The Gnome King said:
So is that how the future will be? Are men finished?
No, unfortunately, men aren't finished. Just compare the number of the richest and most influential people in the world who are men compared to women, and you'll find a major difference.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Well good fucking luck to them I say. As long as I get to keep pissing standing up, and scratching my ass they can take over all that brainy "leader" stuff. Just keep quite well I watch football and wheres my sandwich dammit!

For a less stupid answer, look to this guy!
Catchy Slogan said:
I don't get this question. 'Are men finished?' It seems like they think that men are going to be subjugated next, and have all thier rights taken away. Just because women are 'catching up' and not being treated as the 'weaker sex'.

And it's absolutely fine for men to take paternity leave. I know of a few people who alternated maternity and paternity leave to spend the maximum amount of time with children.

Though this could just be personal bias showing through and the fact that I live in the UK.
No women aren't going to take over, this is just a sign of equality kicking in. Yay!

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
You know what I love in the articles I read: objectivity. You know what I didn't see in that article? Hint: it begins with "o" and ends with "bjectivity". There really isn't anything that says "manocalypse" in the statistics the author states. Especially when the author draws false conclusions from them and doesn't bother to think of how those statistics happened.

Mallefunction said:
So yeah, women aren't taking over anytime soon. I've met just as many stupid bitches as I have jackasses. In fact, I think I am much more critical of my own sex because I want us to rise above the expectations of a still sexist (albeit less so) society.
I think this author of this article has seen too many Amazon movies. If women do "take over", I highly doubt men will be treated as second class citizens. At most I can see either equal members of congress or equal pay. Maybe even some professions even out a bit (thought it won't be a 50/50 split).

The Gnome King said:
Boys are medicated with ADHD medication, apparently a disease that "afflicts" 9% of the boys in America but only 1/50th of that in Japan - must be something in the U.S. water supply.
Actually, it is probably because of over diagnosing. "Does this kid have ADHD or is he fucking 6? Fuck if I care, let's shove pills down his throat until he stops fidgeting". Children aren't meant to sit still for hours at a time like we expect them to. Fedgeting comes naturally when they have ot sit for long periods of time <a href=http://www.care2.com/greenliving/fidgeting-kids-are-good-2.html>and it's a good thing! Doodling is another that is a <a href=http://www.livescience.com/7684-doodling-good-noodle.html>good thing too...also <a href=http://www.qualityhealth.com/mental-health-articles/why-daydreaming-healthy>daydreaming! These things come naturally to a child and if they do one or more of them at all, then they have ADHD and need to be heavily medicated. That is basically how it works in the US from what I understand(that may have a little hyperbole to it)

TheDarkEricDraven said:
Dominant women in control? Will there be chains and whips?
This isn't Cheliax....yet.

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
Let's see now, doesn't women have twice the amount of pain receptors men have? aren't women more instinctively inclined to want men to protect them or at least care for them? don't they need our sperm to reproduce?! aren't there intelligent men like us on The Escapist that that women secretly desire but refuse to meet?!?!

Kernalgohd

Nov 8, 2010
I hate it when someone says stuff like this. First of all, Women want equality right? not to be the dominant gender? Also it says "Men play games" Yeah, but so do women! Women hold families together? What about the ones who are so useless and blind because they are glued to facebook, twitter, and their cell phones? I'm no social scientist, but I'm willing to bet any money most active facebook users are dominated by women on their cell phones in their cars, crashing it up all over the place. See? Guys can pull out some stereotypes too. All that webpage is doing is just throwing out stereotypes about how bad some guys are, SOME. Not every guy is some hick who cant take care of a child for the life of him. "Men go to prison" are they honestly trying to say, there has never been a jail full of women? you know those "Imaginary" all female prisons, yeah those arent there.
I'm all about equality, I think if a woman can do what a man can, LET HER. But when they complain about heavy lifting, because they will break a nail or just cant lift that much, I think its fine for her to not get paid as much as the ones who CAN. Equality means equality, not getting a free ride because you have tits. I legitimately hate sites that boast things like this, in case the publishers of that site havent noticed, if you look at the generation of female teenagers coming up, society cries, spoiled brats who cant respect the technology they have and are convinced smoking drugs makes them hot. I wont say men are smarter than women (at least for now) because they have alot more potential lately, BUT if they are really smart, they should be able to see how WRONG sites like those are. I think that site was written by fox news or something.

I will say there are alot of retarded guys out there too, but.... There seems to be more abundance of twitter addict girls than guys. (nonstop cellphone in the classroooms and such, incapable of paying attention. AT LEAST US GUYS SLEEP)

Kernalgohd

Nov 8, 2010
megaman24681012 said:
Let's see now, doesn't women have twice the amount of pain receptors men have? aren't women more instinctively inclined to want men to protect them or at least care for them? don't they need our sperm to reproduce?! aren't there intelligent men like us on The Escapist that that women secretly desire but refuse to meet?!?!
Ummm.. that last one might be a bit way too far, but as for the sperm thing. No, sperm banks have so much right now, and considering it only takes one sperm drop in a test tube to make a baby now, its really no trouble. Also theres alot of women now who train in self defense (though lots are still made of toothpicks and would snap if they tried, such as most celebrities) As far as the pain thing goes, pain is all in the mind, its not that hard to ignore it with enough willpower, just look at some of the martial artists, pretty sure theres a vid of some superman who takes several full power kicks to the groin and doesnt even flinch.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
Men will always be better at sports. Proof? Watch the olympics OR (on the basis you go to school)
"Ok the teams are Guys vs girls"
"NO FAIR" is generally the reaction.

Will women ever outnumber the men in smart pantsness? I have no clue really. Do I really care? not really.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Can we not have this thread every single day, please? Every time I go on here now there's a "Females are in control" or "Women being sexist to guys" or something... I'm really, really sick of it...

OT: No, women are not taking over the world. This is a ludicrous suggestion and does not need discussion. Move along.

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
Either this "debate" is designed to empower women and make them think they've achieved complete equality at last (which they haven't), or it's meant to enrage men towards women and their hard work. Maybe a way to entice men to get off their asses? I don't know. Seems to me the article is extremely sexist though, and I wish we could get away from that sort of thing. I'm a feminist (equal rights/treatment for all, not a crazy ***** with a chip on her shoulder, thanks), and I don't appreciate an article with a lead-in like "women leap tall buildings with a single bound; men scratch their balls on the couch" like guys are too retarded to turn off the TV and get a job or something. Or like it's some surprise that *GASP* women can use computers?! When did that happen?!

So how about everyone stops worrying about whether their brand of genitals is still worth something in modern society, and go back to whatever it was they were doing before the media decided to do something sensationalist for the page views again? After all, I can fix my own computer with the best of them, but damned if I don't need my boyfriend to open a jar lid every once in a while.

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
Lil devils x said:
In Hopi Prophecy, there will be a shift in power in the world. Women will gain power and leadership, there will be a shift to the maternal, and the world will be better for it. Female positive energy is healing, nurturing, loving, caring, touching, sharing.

Women will again regain their role of leadership as healers and use their gentle side, their compassion, and understanding to "nurture" the world back to health.

You know women have been in power now for quite some time. I can think of one right off the top of my head, Margaret Thatcher she healed and nurtured the f&*K out of the Falklands in 1982. Bombs are healing right?

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
RevRaptor said:
Lil devils x said:
In Hopi Prophecy, there will be a shift in power in the world. Women will gain power and leadership, there will be a shift to the maternal, and the world will be better for it. Female positive energy is healing, nurturing, loving, caring, touching, sharing.

Women will again regain their role of leadership as healers and use their gentle side, their compassion, and understanding to "nurture" the world back to health.

You know women have been in power now for quite some time. I can think of one right off the top of my head, Margaret Thatcher she healed and nurtured the f&*K out of the Falklands in 1982. Bombs are healing right?
It's important to understand that Lil Devil is just weird as he believes in some quasi-mystical transitioning of our being into something else which has apparently happened several times before.

I would take anything he says with a grain of salt... and a taser.

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
magnuslion said:
IceStar100 said:
Evidencebased said:
vxicepickxv said:
Evidencebased said:
(snip)
Nope.

Huh.

all known mutations have severe negative repercussions. Lrn2science.
also: in these articles we are implying that women will begin to reproduce asexually. any takers on a betting pool for that? anyone that stupid?
Lrn2Science I think you made a wrong turn http://boards.4chan.org/b/ over there.

You do relized Evolution is a mutation right. Not ever mutation turns out like sickle-cell.

amanda-lorian

Mar 10, 2011
Because, quite honestly, a lot of us women aren't smart when it comes to stupid obsession and some of our infatuations with the human appearance.

I didn't flock to that crap, but the ones who did should have been tripped on their way there.