Are you a completionist?

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Absolutely no. I play through the campaign once, then NEXT. That made me one bad WOW gamer :p

Pielikey

Jul 31, 2009
It depends. I refuse to try and 100% Just cause 2, however I have completed 100% of DiRT 2 including achievements. (Not the multi-player ones, though, they don't count as real achievements)

othelpi process

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Not necessarily, no. If, near the end of the game, the stats are telling me that I'm at 80%+ then I'll give it a shot. Otherwise, I don't care about collecting 100 flags across Jerusalem.

rockyoumonkeys

Aug 31, 2010
Definitely not. I just don't have the kind of time necessary to play a game until my eyeballs dry out. Once I'm done with a game's campaign, I just want to move onto something else.

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
Simon Pettersson said:
Well if the game is good, I don´t see any point in doing everything in a game that I don´t like.
this. honestly, the last game i played with 100% completion (i.e. searching for all the hidden goodies, random encounters, and easter eggs) was Fallout 2. the last game where i actually came somewhat close to 100% was Fallout 3 (actually, excluding DLC, i did hit 100%, i think...).
i could come close on Fallout:NV, except that i can't see myself ever playing the Caesar's Legion storyline.

Jordi

Jun 6, 2009
I would say yes (usually), but it depends on your definition. When I play through a game, I will absolutely try doing all the side quests and if it's not too much trouble (or too boring), I'll try getting all the hidden objects and stuff like that.

However, it is extremely rare that I will play through a game more than once. (I may reload and replay a certain section of a game immediately after that section is done, but with another choice, but that's about it.)

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
With a rare exception, no...not at all. I very rarely bother to play through a game a second or third time. In fact, almost every exception to this rule is a classic game from my childhood that gets a pass on nostalgia most likely.

My play time is limited. I want brand new experiences, not old ones.

Euhan01

Mar 16, 2011
No, although occasionaly I get the urge to grab a certain bonus feature/hidden thing (Glyps in Assassin Creed 2)

Serving UpSmiles

Aug 4, 2010
Yeah, well for shooters only because beating their campaigns on the hardest difficulty is no hard task, last time i checked i've completed gears of war 1 and 2 and all the call of duties since 4

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I always say "Oh that first item was easy, for a change I'm going to get everything in this game" by the end I have completely given up :(

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Not really. I sometimes replay games though. In fact, I'm, just about to replay Trine!
I love that game.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
For the most part, outside of JRPGs (too much fucking work) or WRPGs that demand more than 1 playthrough.

Like, seriously, I'm not doing 3 playthroughs of Fallout 3 for the full gamerscore/Plat.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Sometimes.

No way in hell I'll play to fully complete a game that I'm borrowing or that I dislike.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
I'll only try to 100% a game if it's ridiculously easy (Assassin's Creed and it's sequel come to mind). Otherwise, I'll play until I get bored and then put it on the shelf. I'm way too lazy to 100% most games.

leedwashere

Mar 17, 2011
ninjastovall0 said:
For pokemon most definetly
the only other one was tales of symphonia and close with paper mario ttyd
any other game i just beat like assasins creed 2, i got most of the stuff cept the feathers or codex-why bother when i can look it up.
This^

I did a super run-through of Tales of Symphonia where I just went back-to-back over and over again until I'd had all the conversations with each of the party members as the best friend type. And in Pokemon Black (which I got on day 1) I still have only 3 gym badges because I've been spending a lot of time catching one of everything and raising it as high as the area around will feasibly let me level.

Also I beat Star Trek Conquest waaaaaayyyyy into the ground. Its a fun silly little game and I got it down to 4 turns with the Federation, Cardassians and Dominion, 5 turns with the Breen, 6 turns with the Klingons and 8 turns with the Romulans.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Simon Pettersson said:
Well if the game is good, I don´t see any point in doing everything in a game that I don´t like.
Pretty much says it. No way I'm going to drag my arse about for 5 hrs (or more) in a game if I'm not enjoying it.

Me: *picks up game*
*starts playing* *plays for two hours*
*if good, cracks knuckles, doesn't close eyes for next ten hours* *repeat after some nomming*
*if bad, removes disc from PC and contemplates burning said disc* *moves onto next game, or last game I found good*