Are you a profile watcher/stalker

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
McHanhan said:
So I had an interesting conversation with a friend regarding forums and how people learn much about one another through their posts and online interactions. Then it came up that my friend (who is on a completely different forum) usually clicks on the profiles of users who he thinks are really cool or who made some really interesting comment to see if there is any further information to glean from it. More to the point he hopes there is a picture or something that may put a face to the name. I therefore quipped "it's a bit much don't you think, you're sort of stalking them"

Anyway, do you do what my friend does? Do you travel into other user profiles in the hopes of getting to know more about them? if yes, is that stalker-ish or not?
Yes I stalk other's people's profiles and if they are girls I'm hoping to see a pic if they seem like an interesting person that would be worth adding and/or because they made a good post.

Wait, that can't be considered stalking.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Yes. If i like a person, I will check out their profile, maybe their homepage too.

I don't think it's a big deal.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I've look at a few profiles during my earlier days, but now I've stopped. However I always check out the profile of a person who sent me a friend request, or someone that I'm planning to add as a friend.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Depends. I usually only see what my friends are up to, posting where and what they're posting. I don't incessantly stallk peoples profiles or anything =P

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
I do this, mainly because I response would normally be different depending on whether they are Male or Female. Also I think I can learn more about their opinion depending on how old they are. This might be prejudiced or something... I don't know. Anyone else do this?

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
i'm more likely to look at someone's profile if they coment on something that i have an interest in. e.g if they comment on a game/anime/film/band i like, i'll maybe take a look. if they yabber on about Halo: ADSDSTDTSTA (or whatever it's called) i'll probably say something mean (not in a post but under my breath) and move on.