Are you a superchromat?

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Considering i've been drinking most of the night and just decided to check on the Escapist before bed... a 32 can't be that bad a score, right? Maybe i'll do this again in the morning.

nat_401

Oct 18, 2011
I got a zero, on first try, more impressed than I should be, my eyes are messed up after several ops. Kinda wondering how you can get -180 which the site tells me is the best score in my age range.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
I took the test before I read the other posts. I got a zero. I was so goddam surprised and excited that I must have been some sort of special freak or something. Then I saw more people who scored zero as well. I no longer feel special.

Damn you, reality. xD

Katoran

Katatonic
Aug 25, 2010
I've just started reading the first book of this series and it's awesome. I saw the title and thought, "huh. Surely that's not a coincidence..." (I've been getting superchromacy mixed up with tetrachromacy since I started reading the book). I managed to score a perfect 0, which I'm a little surprised with since there were a couple of spots that were difficult to differentiate. Both of my brothers have red-green colour deficiencies, but my vision is fine apparently.

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
I got a 4! I cranked the monitor brightness up, which may have helped or hurt.

My monitor has a history of being broken. That may have skewed the results. I'd trust the test more if I could do it with real tiles.

(Also, still waiting on book 3, Mr. Weeks! No pressure.)

Hafnium

Jun 15, 2009
Hooray, perfect score! :D I tried hard and thought I did well, but didn't expect it to be perfect.

Forobryt

Dec 14, 2012
Ryan Hughes said:
Oddly, no known male has ever been tetrachomatic, and it is thought only women can genetically become tetrachomatics.
Is this why when shown a paint chart from a DIY store women see sunset yellow, royal blue and all manner of crazy things whilst men just see a bunch of yellows that look the same, a bunch of blues that look the same?

I scored a 3 on the test seems i have a problem with the mid green wavelength

awesomeClaw

Aug 17, 2009
I got... 138. Is that even possible?

Like seriously, I don´t know? Is it glitched or are my Eyes just that fucked?

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
I got 3. Funny thing is I did the same thing few years ago and I got exactly the same score. And the mistake was made between blue and green again.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I got a 23. Probably would have done better if I wasn't so damn tired and eyesore.

SmokingBomber465

Mar 5, 2012
This is pretty cool!

I got a 20--and it looks like my eyes operate flawlessly in the red range but very poorly in the blue range.

I guess this is how most people are since we have a yellow sun, though. Blue colors are always harder to discern--and that is also why yellow is the most noticeable color.

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
I got a 19, but all my scores were even - I'm leaning towards how my computer is calibrated for color/brightness etc. might be part of the issue lol

Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, I'm rather wary of this test. I scored a 0, which according to the site is a perfect score; then again, somebody scored -160, which would seem to be mathematically impossible. Also, since it's on a computer screen, I don't think it's a reliable test for anyone unless you are sure your screen is perfectly color calibrated.

And considering the disproportionate number of zeros I'm seeing in the comments, I don't think this test is even close to being reliable or valid.

rednose1

Oct 11, 2009
managed to get an 11. The middle one got me bad apparently. Other 2 were dead on. I'd like to take it again with different hues, see if I can get a perfect score.

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
15. Hm.

I don't wear my glasses when I use my computer, on which I tone down the colors anyway. Still, interesting that 1/12 men have color problems.

moggett88

May 2, 2013
114...I always test as colour blind, but have never had any problems in real life. Just an artifact of the tests I guess...

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
I got a 7. Factoring in that I'm dog-tired (GTA V for 12 hours straight) and I have really, really, bad eyesight, it's a pretty good score IMO.