Are you actually good at gaming?

jetricx

Aug 29, 2011
I'd say I'm fairly good at most games.
I've beaten God of War 1 & 2 on God mode and Titan mode respectively. Don't have a PS3 to play GoW3 though.
I have a 1.5+ K/D in most FPS...so yeah, fairly good.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I'm no gaming Jesus, but I do have that flair all decent gamers have that make people sit there and watch you play I'm told... It's not necessarily the best and most effective way to play, but I do have a style.

supermariner

Aug 27, 2010
I'm a very good gamer.
That's not bigheaded to say, it's not like i haven't been short of practice.
But a fantastic gamer? no i'm not
I can usually beat the hardest difficulties, but the fact i tend to have to rely heavily on cheackpoints and quicksaves suggests to me i'm probably not an elite-ly good player, i'm better than most, but i'm sure we all are. After all, to post on this site you're likely to be quite a hardcore gamer

farscythe

Dec 8, 2010
im good at racers.
everything else im ok at but doubt ill be far above average, tbh whatever i lack in skill i make up for with stubborn determination.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Well...

I held the World Record for most takedowns on Burnout Paradise for 3 days. I also managed to pull off 100 million points in a stunt run without drifting.

I have bested Zico and went supersonic to Zone Zeus in Wipeout HD.

I have finished everything with an S in DMC 4.

I have finished Super Mario World in less than half an hour.

I am an intermediate Paul player in Tekken 3 and forward.

I consider myself a good scout in MW2.

Managed to defeat Shao Kahn without losing in the newest MK. And Azazel in Tekken 6 on Ultra Hard also without losing. On a 5 to 5 match.

Sexy Street

Sep 15, 2009
I am quite good at League of Legends (Playing Kog'maw, Dr. Mundo, Kassadin and Brand), and I like to think that I am good at most RPG's because I have quite a high patience level.

flatten_the_skyline

Jul 21, 2009
I never played much multiplayer, so I suck at it - I also kind of enjoy my games as an escape from reality, not as a place to earn more frustration, so I like to keep them easy and explore more than to fight as hard as it gets. I usually play games in normal mode...

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
CrashBang said:
it's a scientific fact that I am unbeatable at Crash Team Racing
Let's go, honkie. *Grabs Playstation controller*

Anyways, I'm pretty damn good at some games. TF2 is probably my best, but I also did quite well in WOW PVP. I'm OK at Reach, and I don't even have an xbox so I like to brag about that to my friends.

-Ulven-

Nov 18, 2009
I've been playing games since I was 6 and I am now turning 20. I usually play RPG's and Battlefield. I consider myself "good" at gamin, having completed Ninja Gaiden Black on normal, and God of War 2 on spartan. But I'm not a good FPS gamer.

But games are a big part of my life

Also, cleared all content in WoW pre- firelands :p

Demonicdan

Dec 8, 2010
I'm good at most games however I have been terrible at every RTS I've ever played and I'm not very good at sports games.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
CrashBang said:
I'm 21 and I've been gaming since I was 6. I have the Crest of Hyrule tattooed on my back and I donno where I'd be without games. However, that doesn't mean I'm a particularly good gamer.
I've played through Mass Effect 2 several times on normal difficulty, but on hardcore? No no no no. Y'know the part, half way through, where you make your way into the supposedly dead Reaper and get ambushed by a load of Collectors on platforms? Can't do it, nope, not a chance.

My point is, for all of the love you have for games, are you actually good at Halo, DIRT, CoD, God Of War or Portal?
Sure, we all have our strengths. For example, it's a scientific fact that I am unbeatable at Crash Team Racing, but I am rubbish at almost all first and third person shooters, even though I play them quite a lot.

So, gamers, what games do you suck at, even if you love them and play them often?
I'm very middle of the road at games, I play them for fun. I think most of the people who become really "good" at gaming approach it with a differant attitude. The amount of time you put into it has less to do with it than mentality.

It's sort of like when you play MMORPGs, the people at the top of the game are not so much "lifestyle" gamers are they are totally ruthless and elitist, and oftentimes entirely mercenary to each other even if allied in a guild. That way of thinking does lead to impressive records either PVP or PVE but requires taking a differant attitude than "games
are supposed to be fun", you have to be approach the game with the intention of garnering a differant kind of satisfaction.

I can, and have rolled with the actual hardcore crowd in the past, but it's just not fun for me for the most part. That's why I say I'm mediocre, I could be "really good" at the games I put time into, but I personally wouldn't have fun in doing so.

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
When I go into my Zen mode I am an unstoppable force made of sticky grenades and battlerifle.

Fledge

Jan 28, 2010
I've been gaming since I was 6.
So, yeah, I'm prtty damn good in a lot of some areas.

SteewpidZombie

Dec 31, 2010
I kick butt at RTS games that require skill (Shogun Total War 2 for example). Games like Starcraft though I tend to stay away from since regardless of how fast or skillfully I build a army of specialized units and plan out and whole attack...they get obliterated simply because the enemy built a overwhelming amount of cheap/weak units that can overrun/overpower my better unis.

FPS games I am decent at, usually I come in the top 5 in a COD match, or top 10 in a Battlefield match. Took me quite some time to get good at them.

Stealth games I am average at...I usually end up just walking in and killing everyone the moment I get caught (Asassins Creed).

Evelynia

Jul 18, 2011
Not even a little bit. Puzzles confound me, I can't aim to save my life in shooters and I fall off things in platformers. A lot.
The only thing I'm any good at is pvp in WoW, which I guess is why I spend most of my effort there.

ShakyFiend

Jun 10, 2009
Im awesome with
but not with much else on that particular game.

Sexy Street said:
I am quite good at League of Legends (Playing Kog'maw, Dr. Mundo, Kassadin and Brand)
Well who the hell isn't? :p Nah Mundo and Kog are pretty hard but Brand can brake most games in good hands

Dagda Mor

Jun 23, 2011
Generally speaking,in action and strategy games that aren't shooters,I'm pretty good,and I'm a god at MOBA games.Shooters?Racing games?I don't even try to compete.