Are you buying Star Wars the Old Republic?

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
I was told not to buy it or pre-order it which leads me to believe the person intends to purchase it as a gift for me for the holidays.

Still sorta pissed I'm getting it at least a week after my best friend.

General Vengeance

Aug 26, 2009
Still on the fence, I'll wait another 3 months or so and read reviews from actual players on youtube. To many "payola" type reviews out there nowadays to be trust worthy.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
hmm well I was thinking of giving it a go

OH WAIT......I CAN'T!! its not here is Aus

haha TBH Im not that interested

juraigamer

Sep 3, 2008
I'd rather play some free to play, and BETTER mmos than pay a monthly fee for what should be charging no monthly fee. TOR will fail, and fast, it will go free to play sooner rather than later, but by then I won't care. It's too much like wow, too much clicking, too little skill.

Guild wars 2 is were it's at. Embrace the future, leave the past behind.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
I already did.

Level 21 Operative on Wound in the Force.

juraigamer said:
I'd rather play some free to play, and BETTER mmos than pay a monthly fee for what should be charging no monthly fee. TOR will fail, and fast, it will go free to play sooner rather than later, but by then I won't care. It's too much like wow, too much clicking, too little skill.

Guild wars 2 is were it's at. Embrace the future, leave the past behind.
Lol you clearly haven't played TOR. It's ridiculously popular, every server is packed. And that is before the game was even officially released.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
I'd rather wait for Guild Wars 2 if I was going to play any MMO. Maybe when Aion goes free I will give that a shot.

Drenik

Aug 4, 2010
Is it possible to buy it from origin after the 20th if your Australian? Or will I have to go somewhere like amazon?

Excelcior

Aug 10, 2008
No. No no no no no no.

No.

I've seen what kind of games BioWare produces lately, and I find it all over-hyped, mediocre, boring tripe. The only BioWare product I can appreciate is this cup [http://www.tulipcatering.co.uk/products/disposables/large/Hutamaki%20Bioware%20Cup%20Range%20Hot%20Cups.jpg], (No, it doesn't involve two girls.) and that's only because my soup would spill otherwise.

No.

dogenzakaminion

Jun 15, 2010
I am very interested. I couldn't stand WoW (from a story-telling stance, gameplay was fun), so this looks like ti would have that little extra. I'm still hesitant about subscription fees, but luckily my friend has it and I can test it out there. If I like it, I'll get it.

Foxtrotk72

Feb 27, 2010
it looks all right I have tried the beta but it was good, but buying it I would not cause to me to seemed like it looked too much of a single player rpg I no every mmo's have dungeons, raids, guilds, ect but I might by it depends if i want to pay for two mmmo's all ready paying for WOW at the moment

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Already bought it, level 42 Trooper on Davik's Estate.

As for the game itself, the only real issue I have with the game is a general lack of polish. There are a multitude of bugs, ranging from mild annoyances to outright game-breaking (I just lost one of my companions permanently until a GM fixes it), and I'm really somewhat aggravated by the complete lack of polish. The guild roster doesn't work half the time, companions randomly attack unagroed enemies, pathing (especially going down cliffs) is wonky as all hell at time, etc.

I've encountered all of these and more and it gets frustrating.

That said, since Tuesday I've sunk something like 100 hours into it so it can't be all bad.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
No. I have two very simple rules about gaming.

1) Give every game an equal opportunity to disappoint you.

2) >Addendum< Unless it is a MMO.

It looks like it is a cool game but the flaw with every MMO is that you need to have friends online to make it a really fun experience. That is particularly hard to do when we all have lives, jobs, conflicting schedules, and are spread across three different time zones.

: ? /

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
I would, but I have far too little money to spend on luxuries such as games at the moment. I've also been too busy to play haf the Battlefield 3 that I would like to, so no. I will not buy it in the near foreseeable future.

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
I'l read a couple of reviews when it comes out, maybe see if they release a trial or something and then maybe consider buying it. I'm not a star wars fan, so it's not at the top of the list of games i want.