Are you getting Black Ops 2?

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
Lord no.

Mind you I haven't played Call of Duty since 2 (some might say the last one with a soul, also, I mean just 2, not MW2, or whatever the fuck).

The only mutliplayer gun-wank game I respect is Battlefield, and for good fucking reason as they are insane, other than that I think I'd rather play VtM:Bloodlines over and over again rather than play through any modern-gun-wank-FPS's single player campaign (including Battlefield. I tried with 3, no dice, D.I.C.E.).

Also, didn't they hire an American war criminal to consult on this game?

Add that I can't purchase this game on simple moral grounds, in addition to my petty "this shit is dumb" complaint.

Also... Didn't this company fire the leaders of the Dev. team on the good games?

The fuck people, so your loyalty isn't to the people who made the game, just to the publisher and the NAME ON THE FUCKING BOX?! Ever wonder why the quality dropped after MW2? (At least I think it was MW2... That I even remember this blows my mind)

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
I strongly considered it until I saw the price of the DLC pass thing, which cost as much as the game did. $120 as a discount price for the full package? Forget that noise. Back to blowing all my money on supporting JRPG developers, ho!

Benitune

Mar 23, 2011
Ando85 said:
I personally am on the fence about it.
Perfectly summarised.

On the one hand, I want to support Treyarch; they still give a damn about the PC community - Infinity Ward and Activision stopped caring a long time ago, but Treyarch still do dedicated servers and decent ports, amongst other things, and I want to encourage them to keep doing that.

On the other hand, I don't want to be putting money into Activision's pockets. They're not quite as bad as EA, but as part of the Activision-Blizzard conglomerate monstrosity, they're not particularly good for the gaming industry either. And their DLC practices. Let's not forget those.

As a game, it looks like it'll be pretty solid - I quite like the Pick 10 idea, and the campaign sounds like they've put a lot of work into making it good; I like the sound of the divergent story and the multiple gamestyles you can play through missions with. And zombies sounds like it's been taken to the next level.

But I'm suspicious; Modern Warfare 3 sounded like it was going to "descend from the heavens and lead us to the promised land", to quote an entirely different review by Yahtzee, and then... well, you know. I'm worried that Treyarch haven't died a hero, but have lived long enough for us to see them become the villain.

At the end of the day, I'm not going to pre-order it or buy it on day 1, but I might very well get it. Only time will tell.

/rant

Edit - and I forgot to mention the community, and the fact that I already have a bunch of fine first-person shooters.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I haven't bought any Call of Duties since Modern Warfare so I don't know why I'd suddenly start now. What exactly is going to make this one so special?

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
I'm not gonna say no, but I definitely won't be getting it on release. I'm sick of the Call of Duty franchise tbh; we've played the same game for so long it's just gotten a bit boring and pointless.
That, and there are other games I want more.

Magikarp

Jan 26, 2011
Yokillernick said:
There's no sense of satisfaction to be had repeating the same meaningless task for hours on end.
That may be true for you, but judging by the sale figures, a lot of people do enjoy that. A lot of people can put in 100s of hours & still enjoy it.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
I probably will, unfortunately. Not particularly because I want to, but because I can still have a good bit of fun with some of my friends online, and they're friends I otherwise rarely see because of Uni. Oh well. I'll get me a fair bit of fun out of it I'm sure.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
*Pulls out katana*

Get away from me demon. You shall not take away thy memories of thy good olde days of Modern Warfare 4. Begone fowl beast!

In my opinion, I really didn't like the Modern Warfare series after the first one...I mean it felt the Same thing over and over and over again. Except with a little bit more...

Someone really needs to invent a fresh, new and fun FPS for everyone to play...that won't have crap online which people scream at you.

Also I don't want it...I have Assassins Creed, which I hope lasts for a while. :D

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Interesting I personally only know one person who is getting it which is lower than any COD game since it blew up and made it big this particular friend always just gets it and finishes the single player then abandons it I dont know why.

I personally wont be getting it I played about 16 hours total of MW and MW2 online multiplayer and had a bit of fun but that was me done im still FPS`d out tbh and have been since Halo 2 so very rarely get any FPS games.

I expect it to sell well but the general feeling I get is people are starting to move on no doubt it will set some record even if it sells less than MW3 or whatever the last one although I think that sold less than Black Ops but made more money? or some shit, anyway no I wont get it.

Island Dog

Feb 18, 2008
It won't be a release purchase for me, but I'll pick it up probably when it goes on its first sale.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
Korten12 said:
Caramel Frappe said:
Me and my girlfriend were actually going to camp out till midnight to get our preordered Black Ops II because despite that the series is getting old, it's still a grand experience and especially all the funner when you're playing it with someone you know ... or love. ^_^

By the way if you get the game, feel free to request if I can play with you. I'd like that very much, and together we can prevail any map.
What platform?
Oh, forgive me! I didn't even address which platform I use haha.
I'm getting Black Ops II for the Xbox 360. I usually get games just for the Xbox 360.
Actually I retract my previous statement for PS3, I actually am getting it for 360 since my friend just rebought a 360 for Halo 4, but is also getting Blops 2 and he is changing his order to 360 since I was able to reorder Blops 2 Harden Edition for 360 on Amazon.

Whats your gamertag? Mine is Korten1. :D Add me if you guys want to ever play after launch, zombies or multi.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
Yeah, I'm a huge Nazi Zombies addicts (I guess it's now Communist Zombies or whatever) and I hear Zombies is being massively improved, and Treyarch tends to balance the multiplayer better than IW. I still hate the community though, bunch of immature K/D worshipping twelve-year-olds. Maybe the PC one is better in this respect, but I pretty much mute by default or play in a party in the X-box version.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
After MW2 I decided to leave the MW series and went with the BLOPS series and have been moderately happy with the first and I am looking forward to what the 2nd has to offer along with more zombies.

Don't taze me bro

Feb 26, 2009
I might get Codblops 2 at a later date, but this will be the first Call of Duty in 5 years that I haven't purchased on day 1.

I liked Codblops' single player more-so than the Modern Warfare varieties, but I'll wait to see how friends / media outlets review the game first.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Hmm, Im tempted to buy it for Nuketown 2025 and zombies, but I already pre-ordered Halo 4 (its was for my brother, his birthday is after Halo 4 is released and he wants the pre-order armor from Walmart. I personally dont care for Halo all that much). As such, I dont have the money to spend on Blops 2 if it ends up sucking like MW3. I may buy it later, but not when it firsts launches.

Baron_Rouge

Oct 30, 2009
Probably not...it does look quite cool, but there's too much other stuff that I want more. Assassin's Creed III/Liberation and Playstation All-Stars are the main ones I'm looking forward to, but I also have to save for next year when we get Bioshock Infinite, DmC, and other awesome things :)

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
Maybe eventually so I can play with friends. Wager matches were the only enjoyable thing for Blops 1 so yeah, maybe.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
Korten12 said:
Caramel Frappe said:
Korten12 said:
Caramel Frappe said:
Me and my girlfriend were actually going to camp out till midnight to get our preordered Black Ops II because despite that the series is getting old, it's still a grand experience and especially all the funner when you're playing it with someone you know ... or love. ^_^

By the way if you get the game, feel free to request if I can play with you. I'd like that very much, and together we can prevail any map.
What platform?
Oh, forgive me! I didn't even address which platform I use haha.
I'm getting Black Ops II for the Xbox 360. I usually get games just for the Xbox 360.
Actually I retract my previous statement for PS3, I actually am getting it for 360 since my friend just rebought a 360 for Halo 4, but is also getting Blops 2 and he is changing his order to 360 since I was able to reorder Blops 2 Harden Edition for 360 on Amazon.

Whats your gamertag? Mine is Korten1. :D Add me if you guys want to ever play after launch, zombies or multi.
I'd be happy to add you, and as for my username it's NecroAmbassador. :}

Nice of you to be getting games to play with your friends, I admire it when people go out of their way so that no one is left out of the party, group, ect. Oh and I am sure we'll do fine as a team especially because I got really good at sniping (not always but accurate enough).
Sweet, I have sent a request. I will say I have never played CoD much on 360, not that it's really any different on PS3. But shall be interesting.