Are you in a relationship?

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
I'm hoping to be after my midyear exams. A girl giggling and getting embarrassed when friends are joking around saying she should hug me is a good sign right (of course that's not all I'm going by)?

cfb_rolley

Apr 19, 2011
Been with my girlfriend for over a year now, had ups and downs but still strong and loving it. That said, if we were to split i can't really see myself wanting another relationship.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Yup, we have been going out for almost 11 months now, and she really is awesome :)

I'm 16 and she is my first girlfriend, but it was well worth the wait. We started out as good friends and become a little more and now... :D (This is a lesson to any who think that "friend zone = death", it ISN'T.)

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
inFAMOUSCowZ said:
I'm close to one. I know the girl I'm talking to likes ,me but I'm not sure if I want a girlfriend. I'm 16 only had 2, and I greatly enjoy being single, and I don't want to rub anything in, but I have options. All you really need is confidence, and having a pretty face doesn't hurt.
"Only 2" he says...

I'm 18 going on 19 and am no closer to getting my first so... screw it.

OP: I've been so unlucky with women who I like that my personal mantra has changed to:

Apparently, one of my friends knows someone who likes me, but considering they won't tell me who it is I don't really believe them. At all.

Zyntoxic

May 9, 2011
Cowabungaa said:
That's my problem as well. I simply have no idea where to find the kind of girl I like, and more importantly, find a girl that likes a guy like me. A girl that isn't scared off by the big Star Wars Anniversary poster on my wall, or the Cylon figurine on my subwoofer, or the sheer amount of videogames and sci-fi/fantasy/comic books on my shelves. And hitting on girls on forums and ingame...yeah no.
ever tried a convention? I've gone to a few and there always seems to be a lot of single people going in and a lot fewer singels leaving the convention but a hell of a lot more couples.

I had a friend who met his current girlfriend in the wating line for the Wii console release event at the local gaming store.

point is, there are plenty of irl social events for "geek stuff" and there is usually plenty of singles of both genders and every sexual orientation.

so snap out of it! silly excuses are silly! and you know it *angry glare*

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Zyntoxic said:
ever tried a convention? I've gone to a few and there always seems to be a lot of single people going in and a lot fewer singels leaving the convention but a hell of a lot more couples.

I had a friend who met his current girlfriend in the wating line for the Wii console release event at the local gaming store.

point is, there are plenty of irl social events for "geek stuff" and there is usually plenty of singles of both genders and every sexual orientation.

Yeah I guess that's the problem; there ain't really any conventions here. I once went to the MCM Expo, but that's in London and I have baaaad experiences with falling for a foreign girl. Geek culture is so underrepresented in this country, or it's incredibly underground as a D&D dude told me during the MCM Expo.

The only geeky Dutch conventions I've heard of were anime conventions, and I'm really not into anime and it's associated culture.

RastaBadger

Jun 5, 2010
I'm not in a relationship. I haven't been in a relationship and the future isn't looking that good either...
At least I still have video games and Star Trek (insert forever_alone.jpg)

Zyntoxic

May 9, 2011
Cowabungaa said:
Zyntoxic said:

Yeah I guess that's the problem; there ain't really any conventions here. I once went to the MCM Expo, but that's in London and I have baaaad experiences with falling for a foreign girl. Geek culture is so underrepresented in this country, or it's incredibly underground as a D&D dude told me during the MCM Expo.

The only geeky Dutch conventions I've heard of were anime conventions, and I'm really not into anime and it's associated culture.
google is your friend =)

http://www.startrek.nl/index.php?i=1782

http://foam-club.livejournal.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/sfterra

http://maastrichtminutiae.com/tag/comics/

these are all from last year from a quick skimming search for conventions in NL, but I'm sure that if you tried giving it more than 5 min and try to keep an eye out at dutch sci-fi forums and such, you'll find somthing, one of the conventions mentioned in the links above seemed pretty big too.

GL, and go find yourself a nice, geeky, dutch girlfriend/boyfriend (whatever floats you boat) ^_^

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Boyninja616 said:
inFAMOUSCowZ said:
I'm close to one. I know the girl I'm talking to likes ,me but I'm not sure if I want a girlfriend. I'm 16 only had 2, and I greatly enjoy being single, and I don't want to rub anything in, but I have options. All you really need is confidence, and having a pretty face doesn't hurt.
"Only 2" he says...

I'm 18 going on 19 and am no closer to getting my first so... screw it.

OP: I've been so unlucky with women who I like that my personal mantra has changed to:

Apparently, one of my friends knows someone who likes me, but considering they won't tell me who it is I don't really believe them. At all.
I know only two, what can I say, I'm still a geek

Eveylon

Sep 18, 2010
Congrats on your relationship, hope it'll continue to go well for you two! :)

I've been with my boyfriend just over a year. It's my first real relationship, and its really is one of the best things to happen to be. I'm very grateful to have him in my life :3

Suijen

Apr 15, 2009
Congratulations OP. It's good to hear good news in these pessimistic times.

I'm recently married, and so far so good. I don't feel much has changed though.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
I have feelings for a girl, but she's unsure if she loves me enough to want to try dating long distance.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
No. Thanks for reminding me... :'(

Actually I am interested in a girl, and she seems to like me back, but I can't really "allow" myself to date her. It's complicated...

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
I have a girl back in America. We started out as fuck-buddies (It's always fun to meet new people, yes?) and then started getting to know each other over the course of a few months. She brought out the artistic side to myself that no other person ever has and, for that, I am pretty much indebted to her. We've both made confessions of falling for each other and expressed wishes of having a more serious relationship. Those few months had more magic than Disney spliced with concentrated Merlin extract.

And now here I am, alone, in a foreign internship. A time difference of 12 hours and very busy schedules make communication nearly impossible.

I'll be back in America soon but nowhere soon enough. See, I didn't have the heart to try and redefine our relationship as serious knowing that I would be away for nearly 3 months. Not really sure why I did that now... I miss her more than ever and, from the brief snippets of facebook messages and emails, she misses me just as much.

Life's a *****. A random *****.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Yup, our two year anniversary was a week and a half ago. As a friend once said 'He must be doing something right, or she's just weird.'

ETA: Oh and congratz op!

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
katsumoto03 said:
FightThePower said:
Nope. Haven't found the right girl.

Nearly did, but then she decided to friend zone me, even though she remarked she would be 'happy' to go out with me. Oh well.
Similar to this, but her reasoning was, "I'm just not looking for a relationship with anyone any time soon."

Cut to a week later and she's now dating someone. I'm glad for you, OP, but I'm not quite joyful right now.
I think that both our respective girls were letting us down easy. Something I've never really understood - if you let someone down easy then they'll still hold onto hope. And in the long run that'll hurt them even more because they're constantly hung up over you instead of moving on because they might think "well, he/she might change her mind later".

Far better to just kill all hope there and then.