Are you in a relationship?

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Sadly no. Girls seem to find me scary or taken.

Besides, there are no cute geeky girls around here. There all taken, bitches (and I don't use that term lightly), or worse yet: "ghetto girls".

[cringes]

But that might be a good thing. I'm still trying to get my finances in order and I'm finally starting to get my head back in alignment with the rest of my body (if anyone wants details, send a PM).

Killclaw Kilrathi

Crocuta Crocuta
Dec 28, 2010
I was for a few years, then after the breakup I've found I no longer have an issue with not being in one. Not that I wouldn't go into another one if the right person came along, but I'm happy enough with the single life.

AnkaraTheFallen

May contain a lot of Irn Bru
Apr 11, 2011
Yes I am, for the last 8 months this Saterday actually ^.^
And I'm blissfully happy with her, she's one of the few things that brings me true joy.

DoctorPhil

Apr 25, 2011
No, I've never even so much as held hands with a girl, let alone kissed (and I'm 20, it's only downhill from here D; ). I'm not worried though, my social skills might be lacking but at least I've got a handsome face. My time will come. I'm not that desperate for a relationship anyways.

Grats OP.

TiloXofXTanto

Aug 18, 2010
Nope.
Never have been never will be.
I'm totally against all types of relationships between myself and others that goes beyond friends.
Doesn't matter how far, I hate the whole idea of the thing.

...But I'm a Schizotypal Schizoid, so that's normal.
If I weren't though, I'd probably just fall prey to one of the crazies that are constantly following me. (Purely nonsensical reasons behind that, one is studying my every move for psychological reasons and the other is trying to end my asexuality by setting me up with people randomly.

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
TheKruzdawg said:
iseko said:
Broke up a month ago after 3 and a half years :)
Basically same thing for me, except it was about 3 months ago.

Kind of seeing this girl right now, although we haven't had The Talk about being exclusive yet, so I don't think I'd qualify it as a relationship yet. Not really f*** buddies either; more like hang-out-a-lot-late-at-night-and-occasionally-make-out-and-watch-movies-together. Whatever you call that.
Marriage.

Sorry, had to do it :p

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
I only find one girl attractive enough personality-wise, and my armchair self-psychoanalysis tells me that I have too much of a fear of failure to ask her out.

thegirlwiththesoap

Jun 15, 2011
Yes. I finally worked up the courage to tell my best friend of five years that I was completely in love with him. We've been dating for almost three weeks now, and I've never been happier. Oh, he's also my first boyfriend ever. :D

Pariah87

Jul 9, 2009
RAKtheUndead said:
Yet another person attempting to make me feel guilty for not having entered a relationship, and having absolutely no ability to do so because of my poor appearance and horrible personality? It seems so!

No. I'm not and never have been in a relationship. Because of certain facets of my personality, no woman will ever be sufficiently attracted to me to ever enter into a relationship with me. In case you're wondering, yes, I am extremely bitter about this, particularly as I have nothing else in my pathetic life to look forward to.
I love you, every time a relationship thread comes about you answer the question for me. Kudos on not being as hostile as you once were about it towards the happy coupled up people though.

OT: No, for similar reasons to the quoted poster. Coming up to six years without any sort of female contact. If we had a basement, I would definately live in it, complete the bloody stereotype.

Nov 18, 2010
Burs said:
Sir_Auron_the_Badass said:
I hear ya man... The middle of Kansas doesn't really offer anything in the way of geeky/nerdy culture. The only thing this area has is ONE, count it, ONE anime convention a year, and it's held in a relatively small hotel, so that gives you the idea of how many people they expect will come (it also happens to be during summer finals week, fml). My college is worse, given that the male-to-female ratio is about 5:1, while very few of those actually have (or at least show) geeky/nerdy interests, and that there are absolutely no clubs devoted to my kind of demographic. It seems nearly everything is going against me to find a relationship with someone that actually shares at least a bit of the interests I have.

So No-one in your uni likes the same music/art/movies hell a LOT of students are closet geeks in their own way via movies everyone has nerdy tendencies if anything you could try your hand at other interests/booze (booze can help with the interests :3) but also people are more alike then they realise everywhere.
Well, there are definitely people I've met here that share my tastes in metal and classic rock, but they're basically all guys, with a couple (already taken) girls in the mix. The rest of the girls just really listen to pop and rap, which I don't really care for.

While operas and art museums are abundant here (they seem to vastly outnumber any other form of entertainment the city provides), I wouldn't really call myself an art person, so scratch that. If they had museums showcasing outer space or archeologist finds like dinosaurs or ancient civilizations I would most certainly go to those, but alas, the nearest one is about 150 miles away.

As for movies, that one's a no-brainer. My floor at the dorms basically had at least on movie playing in our lounge every week, so it wasn't hard to see that most everyone there enjoyed the same type of movies. It's hardly a way to find a friendship/relationship based on movie interests when a ton of people I typically get easily annoyed with like many of the movies I do. Example: I have honestly yet to meet someone who has seen a Mel Brooks or Monty Python film and not loved them, no matter how differing our personalities were.

Finally, as for booze... yah... no. Even if I was of legal age I probably still wouldn't be drinking. I just get terribly nauseous just by getting a whiff of alcohol, and it doesn't help that I felt the sickest I'd ever been after my dad tricked me into sipping some of his beer a couple years back. Unfortunately most all social gatherings my friends here have had are bars, clubs, and parties, which are kinda out of the question.

TLDR: I'm not trying to dig this hole I've been placed in any deeper, but the odds are really stacked against me. Given the lack of clubs and entertainment sources this town and my university provides for any of my interests I'm really out on a limb here. It'd be so much better if the other students here were as open as I am about nerdy interests so that I could at least find and chat with them, because going up to random people and asking "Do you happen to like [insert geek reference]?" out of nowhere just seems really out of place.

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
I could have, but i felt like it's too early, plus i feel like having a serious relationship would make things akward. Dating when you're 12 or 13 never works out.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
No relationship for me.

My last one ended horribly, and it pretty much put me off relationships.

Also, I work 7 days a week, every week, and I just don't feel like donating time towards a relationship.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Almost two years for me and my lady.
Only a couple of slip-ups on my side, but we're too strong to let shit drag us down.

s'all good in my hood.