are you people fucking serious!

Thorn14

Jun 29, 2013
irishda said:
Thorn14 said:
irishda said:
I'm sure none of them play games.
Trolls on 4chan who may be gamers trolled an obscure poll, ergo all gamers did this.
Did they say "all gamers" or did they just say "gamers"? I mean if a bunch of white people robbed a bank, would someone be accurate in saying, "White people robbed a bank"?
Depends on if you follow the sentence with "Jesus fucking christ i'm embarrassed to be a white people"

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Isn't this happening for basically the same reason EA is voted the worst company of the year twice? A lot of the internet is made up of gamers who will act as if their gamer issues are somehow worse than actual crimes against humanity.

Though I do find it funny that Obama is higher than Bush, given the reputation of the latter.

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
Thorn14 said:
irishda said:
Thorn14 said:
irishda said:
Trolls on 4chan who may be gamers trolled an obscure poll, ergo all gamers did this.
Did they say "all gamers" or did they just say "gamers"? I mean if a bunch of white people robbed a bank, would someone be accurate in saying, "White people robbed a bank"?
Depends on if you follow the sentence with "Jesus fucking christ i'm embarrassed to be a white people"
Sounds like it'd still be accurate. And considering the state of the gaming community right now, I don't blame that person for being embarrassed to be a gamer.

Thorn14

Jun 29, 2013
irishda said:
Thorn14 said:
irishda said:
Thorn14 said:
irishda said:
Sounds like it'd still be accurate. And considering the state of the gaming community right now, I don't blame that person for being embarrassed to be a gamer.
Being a gamer is something to be proud of. Don't let a few assholes ruin it for you.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
I think it's pretty funny. Either way, I'm beginning to wonder if this site is capable of talking about anything other than gg, anita, zoe, sexism in games, racism in games, misogyny in games, mra in games, sjw in games.

The most interesting thread I can think of was the one about breast feeding in public, because it was kind of talking about boobs.

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
Thorn14 said:
irishda said:
Being a gamer is something to be proud of. Don't let a few assholes ruin it for you.
It's more of "the internet" than it is "gaming" for me. There's a reason I don't typically join guilds or make friends on forums or have a twitter handle. The connection between gaming and the internet is probably its worst aspect, as it's not helped by the overlap between the toxic internet community and the gaming community.

Jaegerbombastic

Sep 20, 2014
thundra said:
So i found this site ranker and went to the section called The All-Time Worst People in History. And guess what i saw... you know what its so stupid to me to explain so i give you a link.

http://m.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-all-time-worst-people-in-history

Jesus fucking christ i'm embarrassed to be a gamer. It's good thing i don't identify myself as one even tho i play games every day. Fuck this industry.
Sing it with me, everyone!

You've been trolled!
You've been trolled!
You have probably been told!
Don't reply to this guy
he is just getting a rise
out of you! Yes its true!
You respond and that's his cue
to start trouble on the double
while he strokes his manly stubble

You've been trolled!
You've been trolled!
You should probably just fold
When the only winning move is not to play!
And yet you keep on trying!
Mindlessly replying!
You've been trolled!
You've been trolled!
Have a nice day!

Or to put it another way, you are overreacting over a pointless poll (seriously, do we really need to gauge who is worse out of Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, etc.?) that some anons have raided to make a joke at moot's expense. That's exactly what they want you to do. They want you to put up a big stink over it so they can laugh at you and parade your melodramatic indignation around on the chans and ED. The best thing to do is to laugh it off as another example of the Internet being one big inside joke and move on with your life.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Wintermute said:
The most interesting thread I can think of was the one about breast feeding in public, because it was kind of talking about boobs.
Eh, you're so welcome. :p

It would be lovely to have some other threads to break up the monotony.

Yes, forum-goers, that is a hint.

Thorn14

Jun 29, 2013
irishda said:
Thorn14 said:
irishda said:
It's more of "the internet" than it is "gaming" for me. There's a reason I don't typically join guilds or make friends on forums or have a twitter handle. The connection between gaming and the internet is probably its worst aspect, as it's not helped by the overlap between the toxic internet community and the gaming community.
Your loss, I've met plenty of amazing people on the internet. I'm having a blast playing Star Trek Online because of 4chan /vg/'s STO guild.

The internet doesn't make people evil, it just hides the direct interaction, so buttholes don't have to worry about the consequences of being jerks as much. They were always there.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
I personally think Hitler gets too much crap nowadays. One little genocide shouldn't make people ignore all the good he did for the world.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Thorn14 said:
Michel Henzel said:
thundra said:
So i found this site ranker and went to the section called The All-Time Worst People in History. And guess what i saw... you know what its so stupid to me to explain so i give you a link.

Jesus fucking christ i'm embarrassed to be a gamer. It's good thing i don't identify myself as one even tho i play games every day. Fuck this industry.
Yes, Christopher Poole isn't the worst person of history, you are so right.
He's on there twice! That makes him like...double evil!
Actually he's on there 7 times. Moot is simultaneously the first, fifth, twelfth, thirty-fifth, sixty-forth, seventy-forth, and ninety-third worst person in history. Which is quite the achievement really.
thundra said:

Don't get offended, they just stuck every pop culture name up to get a rise. Also on the list is Hilary Clinton, Barack Obama, all the Gandhis, the Prophet Muhammad, Michael Moore, Al Gore and Bill Maher.
There were probably a couple dozen other random names, but the ones that got traction from the 4Chan raiders are the ones that are currently in vogue. Hence upvoting the current politicians and political critics. This has nothing to do with gamergate any more than it has to do with hating Gandhi or Al Gore.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Colour Scientist said:
Sarkeesian is only number 13?

I was led to believe she was worse than Hitler.

I feel so betrayed.
There's four listings for this Christopher Moot Poole Chan person. Whattaguy! Whose fucking e-peen do I have to sleep with to get ranked on such a mind-blowingly legit list?!

OT: Oh, that is awesome! I can totes vote for Vlad the Impaler! :D ...And apparently, women really like Heinrich Himmler. Alrighty then.

...And it links to a gallery of hot Chris Pine photos! Hot diggity dicks!

Oh, OP: look at the 'See list ranked by...' menu to get a clearer picture of who thinks who is really the worst. Also, no, I am not fucking serious...much. For a clearer picture, ask me again on Tuesday. This coming Tuesday, though, not last Tuesday.

EDIT: Oh. I see he's apparently on there about seven times, actually.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
I have no idea how such a vile creature is so low on the list!

You're right, this is a disgrace and I'm insulted to be a gamer.

A real game knows she's at least a 2 or a 3.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
thundra said:
"Oh god woman is making video games lets make her worse than hitler" if thats your idea of ethics i'm sad for you
I don't know I think lacking a sense of humor is a little more sad.

Thorn14 said:
I don't like statements like this they tell you to be proud of who you are rather then what you've done. I mean I guess I did play games but that seams like a rather silly thing to be proud of.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Personally, I'm embarrassed that I'm still in my pyjamas, and it's 2pm on a Monday.

This assignment isn't going to not write itself.*

*Edit: Actually, I guess it is.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
Archer666 said:
Man, Moot is so evil he's listed twice! Anyway this is just a stupid troll, why give a damn?
Actually he is listed 7 times.

Honestly, it is a stupid ranking site that I have never heard of and will probably never hear of again. Move along.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Colour Scientist said:
Wintermute said:
Eh, you're so welcome. :p

It would be lovely to have some other threads to break up the monotony.

Yes, forum-goers, that is a hint.
We should make a thread about butts next.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
So wait...the number-1 worst person when I checked is Joseph Stalin...I don't see the correlation between him and gaming unless he secretly commissioned Tetris to be made so as to distract the capitalist pigs. Let's see, who else is on here...

Who the Hell is Chris Poole? Who is Pol Pot? Was he the Vietnamese Boogie-man guy? Geese, I don't get how Ed Gein, Ted Bundy and, Micheal Atkinson can't be on the top-15...These popularity contest type things just fly right over my head a lot of the time.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Thorn14 said:
irishda said:
Thorn14 said:
irishda said:
Thorn14 said:
irishda said:
No it isn't. Being an anime fan isn't something to be proud of. Being a movie fan isn't something to be proud of. Being a fan of literature isn't something to be proud of. It's a thing you enjoy. Not a freaking point of pride.