Are You Ready to Smell Your Games?

OrenjiJusu

Mar 24, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
Seriously? This is just stupid.

Imagine the smell of a game like Dead Space. Why would you ever want to smell that?
well with certain games, like dead space and halo for example, the main character wears a helmet almost all the time. so all you'd be able to smell is recycled air and head sweat.

Madshaw

Jun 18, 2008
it would get realy disgusting in some levels of games, like any flood level in the halo trilogy

kawligia

Feb 24, 2009
Most smells that would give atmosphere to a game are bad smells. It's an interesting thought, but I'll have to pass.

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
I actually want this. Except for the fact the smell would actually BE there, and might be annoying to get out, it would add to immersion greatly. To all the nay-sayers: so, why is it you want to SEE rotting bodies and feces in full HD quality, but don't want to smell it? Both are pretty gross.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Gordon Freeman would be, um, interesting?

Things like Oblivion and Fallout 3 are too massive to be feasible candidates. For now.

As someone pointed out, games where your character wears a helmet all the time (Halo, etc) wouldn't be very interesting at all.

Games like Silent Hill and Left 4 Dead would add a whole new dimension to the terror by including Smell-O-Vision though. Hoo wah!

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Easykill said:
I actually want this. Except for the fact the smell would actually BE there, and might be annoying to get out, it would add to immersion greatly. To all the nay-sayers: so, why is it you want to SEE rotting bodies and feces in full HD quality, but don't want to smell it? Both are pretty gross.
Because my neighbors would get suspicious if rotting smell is coming from my house constantly.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
I am for this mostly as it is bringing us closer to realistic virtual reality.

Chinchama

Mar 1, 2009
Since I mostly play FPS games, I don't think I'd want blood, sweat, and gunpowder to smell up my room, or like in Fable... I don't want my room to stink of sex, unless it's my own doing.

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
sheic99 said:
Easykill said:
Because my neighbors would get suspicious if rotting smell is coming from my house constantly.
I'll concede that. But on the other hand, it's a great excuse for those of us already familiar with the smell of rotting corpses in our homes.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Mmmmm...just think of the smell of Condemned.
I raise you the smell of Boomer Bile in your face...

Or the Meat Circus, imagine the smell of that.

FredFredburgur

Apr 13, 2009
The biggest scent would be gunpowder, like all the time. Or rotting zombie corpses, or some other thing no one wants to be smelling. Probably a lot of sweat too. Or smelling the sewers whenever you're in one in a game. I fear this product.

Hey Joe

Dec 23, 2007
"Righteo soldier, we need you to go into that room full of eggs and mustard gas, ON THE DOUBLE!"