Are you sad that you're going to eventually die?

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
You are alive for an average of 75 years (80 if you are female)
That is
2281 months
3911 weeks
27375 days
657000 hours
39420000 minutes

That is fucking loads of time to achieve anything you want to in this world. I am not worried about time and when the inevitable comes, it will come and take me. There is no stopping it so why bother worrying, you can only prologue it

CJMacM

Mar 21, 2010
I'm not too worried about it. I've accepted the fact that death is a part of life, and we all die at some point. And I'm Christian so I'm actually kind of curious about what happens when I die, although I'm most definitely not ready to die any time soon.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
I'm not scared of death at all. It's totally natural, (though I dislike that word, since everything is "natural" but you know what I mean) it's peaceful and it's inevitable. I'm slightly excited for it, actually. Can't wait to find out how this all ends.

Pain sucks though. No pain please. I want to die in my sleep. Floating on a marshmallow.

Code Monkey

Mar 21, 2009
I here all these people saying things like "Don't waste your life worrying about death, it's going to happen no matter what, etc", and I think they're right, but I still can't make peace with the fact that sooner or later I'll be permanently wiped from existence. I guess I still have some maturing to do.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Code Monkey said:
I here all these people saying things like "Don't waste your life worrying about death, it's going to happen no matter what, etc", and I think they're right, but I still can't make peace with the fact that sooner or later I'll be permanently wiped from existence. I guess I still have some maturing to do.
"Am I afraid of death? Of course not, I spent billions of years being dead before I was born and I wasn't inconvenienced by it in the slightest..."

Let your mind ponder this for a while ;)

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
I'm not going to die. I'm going to download my brainwaves into a computer and then build a machine army to take over the world (of coarse!!!). MUHAHAHAHA... wait did I just post that?

gonzo20

Dec 18, 2008
i will greet the reaper with open arms when he takes me from this mortal coil, for i know that my job in this world will be over

Code Monkey

Mar 21, 2009
Raven said:
Code Monkey said:
"Am I afraid of death? Of course not, I spent billions of years being dead before I was born and I wasn't inconvenienced by it in the slightest..."

Let your mind ponder this for a while ;)
Already have. I've actually used that quote when debating religion with some family members. I can accept the fact that, at death, consciousness vanishes forever. But I still don't like it. I fear my own death more than anything else.

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
Grim Reaper, you pansy, come at me bro!
OT: Not really. That's a good 60 to 70 years away for me. More than half a century, and that's a very long time. Unless my life has sucked and I regret something.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
I suppose I am, but it's a nice kind of sadness; one that you dwell on only occasionally. The fact that I exist at all is in itself a beautiful and improbable thing [not from an egotistical standpoint; it applies to everybody]. Making sure I live a pleasant life, and that I make life pleasant for others is a job that will make passing away a pleasant thing, if done successfully. The fear of death, or what comes thereafter, is a terrible flaw un the human psyche. It makes us far too easy to manipulate. I'lI leave it at that, since you asked us not to bring religion into this.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
No way! If you can't look forward to anything in life, why should you be happy about anything?
There's always something good happening, you just have to look in the right places.

Also, whenever I'm feeling down, I just listen to these songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF6ErfwH8os
Go outside and run. Listen to this song and run. Run until you feel better. This is how I cope with temporary depression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSsfjHCFosw
If you're feeling vein-breaking, piss-boiling, blistering fury angry, I put on this song and I feel better.

Dog Wednesday

Apr 21, 2010
I fear the physical sensation of dying. I do not fear death. I truly believe that death is identical to pre-conception. Even if there is 'something' there is no 'you' to experience it.

Temah

Dec 5, 2010
Wouldn't say i'm scared of dying, it's just the thought of no longer thinking that messes with me (if that makes sense).