Are you turned on by this ice cream commercial?

Sep 28, 2016
Dreiko said:
Baffle2 said:
Dreiko said:
Once you do that you open the door to trolls of any kind just pretending to be pedos and writing sexual comments on anything they dislike so it'll be taken down.
I think anyone that would accuse someone of doing that is actually a closet pretend-paedophile.
While it's good to recognize that they're a threat, you do wanna avoid slipping into a hysteria similar to that of those who complain about ice cream ads.

Mar 30, 2010
trunkage said:
Grouchy Imp said:
trunkage said:
Grouchy Imp said:
Erm, no. If people are watching that and having sexual thoughts then the problem is very much with them, not the advert. That advert was intrinsically as sexual as a breezeblock. It's. A. Child.
So, as a company, if your ad gets a whole heap of pedophiles riled up so much they are commenting how much they'd like to screw that child in the ad, what do you do?

Everyone can see that you are unintentionally aiding pedophilia. They understand that. But do you keep it up once you find out what it's being used for?
If the ad has sexual undertones, then that is a different issue. That ad is not inherently sexually explicit, therefore folk are reading into it something that isn't there. Do you remove holiday brochure ads because the smiling, wholesome family on the beach (and their kids) are in swimming costumes and pedos might touch themselves to that?
What you think is sexual is not what a paedophile would think is sexual. At least, I hope. Thinking the ad is not sexual explicit is a bad assumption.
But how then to decide of something is sexual, or merely sensual, or entirely innocent? You seem to be suggesting that even though I might look at something and feel it is entirely innocent that just because someone could look at it in a sexual manner it should be ruled as sexual. But where do you draw the line? To me, a photo of my dogs playing is a cute, funny and entirely innocent picture. To someone that fucks dogs, it could be considered sexual. So should I therefore not post pictures of my dogs in case some sick guy somewhere on the Internet gets a jolly off of it?

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Dreiko said:
Why does someone who thinks I'm wrong have to care if I think that about them. All they have to do is adequately show me to be wrong and with that they'll dispel any aspersions that may be cast upon them. Anyhow, most people here seem to think it's not sexual and some understand why there could be some others who find it sexual so we can have a discussion about why someone is a degenerate with even these confines just fine. We don't need to pretend something is valid or healthy to analyze it. If someone is really self-conscious about this that's also kinda weird. Would you think it normal to be equally worried about if someone paints you with the cannibal brush? Cause to me both would be equally absurd and not something to worry about.
With all due respect, that's a bit of a self-centered perspective. It's less about the opinions you yourself might hold than it is the fact that you're trying to convince others to adopt those opinions.

To draw from history for illustration, when I was nearing the end of my years as a Boy Scout, one of the newer members took to calling me "Hitler" by the end of his first meeting. Now, I naturally don't feel that I ever actually earned that epitaph, but on the whole I only cared about what's going on in his head to the extent that I care about self-improvement. I suspect that it was just trying to be cool by showing up an older kid. With that said, I cared greatly about the fact that he'd made it a point of publicly calling me that, to the point of shouting it when when I was up front during that same meeting. I didn't care that one kid took an immediate dislike to me, but it ceased to be about his personal perspective the moment he declared me to be Hitler to a crowd. At that moment the question ceased to be "what do I care what he thinks about me" and became "what do I care that he's saying about me", which is a very different question.

To your question of the "cannibal brush". That's a bit of apples to oranges as cannibalism is generally viewed as an exotic fear, something extraordinarily rare, bizarre, and usually explicable as desperation. Consequentially such accusations tend to ring incredibly hollow. Concerns about pedophilia, however, are close to home (see Roy Moore, the Catholic Church, etc) and accusations of such tend to work people up spectacularly (see the McMartin Preschool debacle) and are taken very seriously.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Grouchy Imp said:
trunkage said:
Grouchy Imp said:
trunkage said:
Grouchy Imp said:
Erm, no. If people are watching that and having sexual thoughts then the problem is very much with them, not the advert. That advert was intrinsically as sexual as a breezeblock. It's. A. Child.
So, as a company, if your ad gets a whole heap of pedophiles riled up so much they are commenting how much they'd like to screw that child in the ad, what do you do?

Everyone can see that you are unintentionally aiding pedophilia. They understand that. But do you keep it up once you find out what it's being used for?
If the ad has sexual undertones, then that is a different issue. That ad is not inherently sexually explicit, therefore folk are reading into it something that isn't there. Do you remove holiday brochure ads because the smiling, wholesome family on the beach (and their kids) are in swimming costumes and pedos might touch themselves to that?
What you think is sexual is not what a paedophile would think is sexual. At least, I hope. Thinking the ad is not sexual explicit is a bad assumption.
But how then to decide of something is sexual, or merely sensual, or entirely innocent? You seem to be suggesting that even though I might look at something and feel it is entirely innocent that just because someone could look at it in a sexual manner it should be ruled as sexual. But where do you draw the line? To me, a photo of my dogs playing is a cute, funny and entirely innocent picture. To someone that fucks dogs, it could be considered sexual. So should I therefore not post pictures of my dogs in case some sick guy somewhere on the Internet gets a jolly off of it?
Do you understand the difference between children's makeup and adult makeup? We actually have both. Young girls generally wear a see through lip gloss, not full blown women''s cosmetics as was worn here. She was not decked out in the latest Disney princess gloss there as is expected for her age. As women and girls, we have "age appropriate makeup". The reason why people were saying she was wearing "women's makeup" was because she actually was. As much as I hated this when I was a kid, I too had to wear age appropriate makeup due to the " history of women's cosmetics" itself. I think I was 9 or so when the older girls sat me down for " the talk" about what makeup is okay to wear so you are not mistaken for a prostitute. Sadly the history of women's cosmetics is ridden with a long history of abuse of underage girls and men " dolling them up" in "women's makeup" to sexually appeal to the men that were paying them to do so. For those who are not aware of this ongoing severe human trafficking issue, it is not remotely even in the past, you may be oblivious to women's cosmetics and the practices. Sadly, a little girl in women's makeup is common in sex trafficking, and why this also makes her a target for pedophiles by presenting her in this way with the focus on her making eyes at the camera and her lips while wearing adult cosmetics.

The difference in children's and women's cosmetics is not unlike the difference between children's underwear and women's lingerie. Children were not supposed to be portrayed as " sexy" that is why we do not buy little girls the same panties, thongs and g-strings we wear as an adult. Yes, little girls like to dress up like their moms, but that does not mean we really want them imitating making eyes and lips at the camera until they are mature enough to handle the attention from doing so.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Legit never heard of "children specific makeup" as a concept before. Always thought it was more about how much you apply it or what colors you use and so on. Learned something, haha!

But yeah, to me makeup is strictly a status thing for women that makes them feel empowered through their prettiness. I never found makeup on a woman sexual by itself in any way outside of like...lipstick marks left in suggestive places.

Asita said:
Dreiko said:
Why does someone who thinks I'm wrong have to care if I think that about them. All they have to do is adequately show me to be wrong and with that they'll dispel any aspersions that may be cast upon them. Anyhow, most people here seem to think it's not sexual and some understand why there could be some others who find it sexual so we can have a discussion about why someone is a degenerate with even these confines just fine. We don't need to pretend something is valid or healthy to analyze it. If someone is really self-conscious about this that's also kinda weird. Would you think it normal to be equally worried about if someone paints you with the cannibal brush? Cause to me both would be equally absurd and not something to worry about.
With all due respect, that's a bit of a self-centered perspective. It's less about the opinions you yourself might hold than it is the fact that you're trying to convince others to adopt those opinions.

To draw from history for illustration, when I was nearing the end of my years as a Boy Scout, one of the newer members took to calling me "Hitler" by the end of his first meeting. Now, I naturally don't feel that I ever actually earned that epitaph, but on the whole I only cared about what's going on in his head to the extent that I care about self-improvement. I suspect that it was just trying to be cool by showing up an older kid. With that said, I cared greatly about the fact that he'd made it a point of publicly calling me that, to the point of shouting it when when I was up front during that same meeting. I didn't care that one kid took an immediate dislike to me, but it ceased to be about his personal perspective the moment he declared me to be Hitler to a crowd. At that moment the question ceased to be "what do I care what he thinks about me" and became "what do I care that he's saying about me", which is a very different question.

To your question of the "cannibal brush". That's a bit of apples to oranges as cannibalism is generally viewed as an exotic fear, something extraordinarily rare, bizarre, and usually explicable as desperation. Consequentially such accusations tend to ring incredibly hollow. Concerns about pedophilia, however, are close to home (see Roy Moore, the Catholic Church, etc) and accusations of such tend to work people up spectacularly (see the McMartin Preschool debacle) and are taken very seriously.

I'd hope you didn't earn that epitaph cause you'd be some kinda zombie! (epithet, you were going for epithet, epitaph is a Greek word for "eulogy"! XD, epitaphios is how we say it in actual Greek though)

But yeah, I literally would have absolutely zero concern if some younger kid was calling me names. Cause everyone around would still know I would be able to kick his ass anyhow so they'd all see it as the barking of a powerless little dog trying to make himself seem larger than he is. Anyone whose view of you would be swayed by that would be someone who didn't know you and was too narrow-minded to judge you for themselves when they heard you described with a very potent term. Those kinds of people I welcome the scorn of. I'd not want them to think positively of me, it makes me feel gross to contemplate lol.

I went for cannibal cause it was about the only thing I could think of that illicits a similarly visceral disgust. Anything else I'd gone for you could say "but it's not as bad as being thought of as a pedo". So it's more like...red apples and green apples? It's about as close as you can get with an example.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Dreiko said:
Legit never heard of "children specific makeup" as a concept before. Always thought it was more about how much you apply it or what colors you use and so on. Learned something, haha!

But yeah, to me makeup is strictly a status thing for women that makes them feel empowered through their prettiness. I never found makeup on a woman sexual by itself in any way outside of like...lipstick marks left in suggestive places.
Yea we actually have both. often you can find children's makeup int he toy section, or they have small amounts of it in the actual cosmetic section, or have it in "gift packs" during the holidays. If you google "children's makeup" you can find plenty of sets. Some of the big differences between women's makeup and children's is children's makeup is meant to be more transparent, and fades easily, lighter colors as the point is they can feel like mommy putting it on, but not actually look like mommy getting ready for a date. The entire point of it being kids makeup is to make it less sexualized.

https://www.target.com/s/kid+makeup

Women also have "day makeup" and evening makeup or "date makeup", yes that is thing too. We have makeup that is intentionally to be sexy and other as a "status quo" of sorts, there are differences there as well.

https://www.allure.com/gallery/prettiest-date-night-makeup-looks
http://www.yourweddingmakeup.com/dayevening_make-up.html

Yes this is a "thing". Just google "date makeup" and you will find plenty.

For comparison, this little girl is wearing children's makeup:
https://westchester.kidsoutandabout.com/sites/default/files/styles/hero_image/public/sparklicious.jpg?itok=rwMubfLK
Notice a difference in their lips even though both are wearing makeup?
or this one:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/cSCskKqO7CE/maxresdefault.jpg
Children's makeup is meant to look pretty in the tray and transparent on the face.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Dreiko said:

Apparently enough people found this to be sexual that Baskin Robbins had to take it down.

This is patently ridiculous. It reminds me of an older case where Shia Lebuff was in a music video with another younger girl and people were claiming it was pedophillic similarly. Only that video was unapologetically let to remain up. Also this video is imo way more inoffensive and bland in comparison.

I see this as the degeneration of logic and art. Also, whoever is making this be sexual is imo the real pederast here. It's not normal to find this sexual imo. Normal people don't think sex when a little girl is eating ice cream. At the very least the complainers are massive degenerates who are projecting their own perversion onto other people and things, similar to how the biggest anti-gay politicians tend to be closeted gay people.
That's not sexual, but this is.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Oh, poor Io XD. (we had the Io debate in the sony censorship topic a while back, fun read if you have the guts XD)

Mar 30, 2010
Lil devils x said:
Do you understand the difference between children's makeup and adult makeup? We actually have both. Young girls generally wear a see through lip gloss, not full blown women''s cosmetics as was worn here. She was not decked out in the latest Disney princess gloss there as is expected for her age. As women and girls, we have "age appropriate makeup". The reason why people were saying she was wearing "women's makeup" was because she actually was. As much as I hated this when I was a kid, I too had to wear age appropriate makeup due to the " history of women's cosmetics" itself. I think I was 9 or so when the older girls sat me down for " the talk" about what makeup is okay to wear so you are not mistaken for a prostitute. Sadly the history of women's cosmetics is ridden with a long history of abuse of underage girls and men " dolling them up" in "women's makeup" to sexually appeal to the men that were paying them to do so. For those who are not aware of this ongoing severe human trafficking issue, it is not remotely even in the past, you may be oblivious to women's cosmetics and the practices. Sadly, a little girl in women's makeup is common in sex trafficking, and why this also makes her a target for pedophiles by presenting her in this way with the focus on her making eyes at the camera and her lips while wearing adult cosmetics.

The difference in children's and women's cosmetics is not unlike the difference between children's underwear and women's lingerie. Children were not supposed to be portrayed as " sexy" that is why we do not buy little girls the same panties, thongs and g-strings we wear as an adult. Yes, little girls like to dress up like their moms, but that does not mean we really want them imitating making eyes and lips at the camera until they are mature enough to handle the attention from doing so.
I'll be completely honest here, I've never even heard of kids makeup before. I did not know there was a distinction, so thank you for pointing it out. Also:

Lil devils x said:
Yea we actually have both. often you can find children's makeup int he toy section, or they have small amounts of it in the actual cosmetic section, or have it in "gift packs" during the holidays. If you google "children's makeup" you can find plenty of sets. Some of the big differences between women's makeup and children's is children's makeup is meant to be more transparent, and fades easily, lighter colors as the point is they can feel like mommy putting it on, but not actually look like mommy getting ready for a date. The entire point of it being kids makeup is to make it less sexualized.

Women also have "day makeup" and evening makeup or "date makeup", yes that is thing too. We have makeup that is intentionally to be sexy and other as a "status quo" of sorts, there are differences there as well.

https://westchester.kidsoutandabout.com/sites/default/files/styles/hero_image/public/sparklicious.jpg?itok=rwMubfLK
or this one:
Children's makeup is meant to look pretty in the tray and transparent on the face.
I really did not realise makeup was that involved. I know that probably makes me seem incredibly ignorant, but thank you for the crash course.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Grouchy Imp said:
Lil devils x said:

I'll be completely honest here, I've never even heard of kids makeup before. I did not know there was a distinction, so thank you for pointing it out. Also:

Lil devils x said:

or this one:
I really did not realise makeup was that involved. I know that probably makes me seem incredibly ignorant, but thank you for the crash course.
It actually gets so much more complicated than that, I just pointed out the differences relevant here. We have seasonal makeup, specific event makeup, warm and cool shades, contouring and so much more I pretty much expect those who did not grow up learning these things to not have any idea about how complicated it can be. Now at least you know why the cosmetic industry is so big, they sell women and girls different makeup for everything. X D

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
I never liked women wearing makeup. Most girls look good without them most of the time. All you need is the occasional lipstick and some blush to be honest.

Makeup is just real life photoshop and instagram filters.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Grouchy Imp said:
trunkage said:
Grouchy Imp said:
trunkage said:
Grouchy Imp said:

Potentially. I don't post a lot of pictures of my daughter for this very reason. That's for you to say. I'm just being aware of what people use my pictures for.

This could be irrelevant with the advent of the celebrity stripping app that came out. They can just get a picture of my daughter's face and slap it on a nake photo and it looks real. I also wonder if a bunch of pedophilia cases will be lost because people pretend they are using this app and 'its not really an underage child.'

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Marik2 said:
I never liked women wearing makeup. Most girls look good without them most of the time. All you need is the occasional lipstick and some blush to be honest.

Makeup is just real life photoshop and instagram filters.
Some of us can get away with that while others are not so blessed. I was lucky to have naturally perfectly smooth flawless skin. I never have blotchy skin or rashes. I have always had people complimenting me on my skin and asking me what I use to get it this way and trying to touch me but the reality is I don't need to do anything, all the girls in my family have skin just like this even if we stayed out all night partying, we wake up look glowing, dewy and fresh. Most of my friends however didn't have that, one of my closest friends struggled greatly with acne and scarring and to this day will never leave the house without makeup on. It can be difficult for girls who are not lucky enough to have flawless skin and it can affect their self image and self esteem and destroy their confidence. Scars, birth marks, conditions such as eczema or rosacea can be very difficult for girls, especially in a world of " Instagram perfect" models showing them how they think they should look and ever increasing expectations of perfection that is placed on them from the constant barrage of perfect images. Women use makeup to do everything from concealing their scars to creating optical illusions to change the shape of their chin, foreheads, eyes and nose.

When I was in theater arts in school I was lucky enough to learn how to do special effects makeup from one of Star Trek's makeup artists and learned so much from him I was able to help my close friend transform the way her skin looks and the change in her confidence was honestly incredible. She stopped trying to hide behind her books and started to actually engage people again. Many cannot truly understand what someone who feels singled out and ugly actually goes through on a daily basis and makeup is more of a "life line" to them to make them feel normal.

While of course I wished we lived in a world where people didn't judge people so harshly or place so much value of a person on their appearance to make people feel so insecure, I also understand that to some wearing makeup is the only means they seem to have to make them feel " like a person".

ALSO.. You do not generally wear blush without a foundation as it will fade and look blotchy so more often than not, they are actually wearing more makeup than most realize it is just they wear it in a way it looks less noticeable. I usually do not even wear blush, my skin has a natural blush in the right spots so yea that was one more thing my friends tended to " hate me" for. I am usually ready with just a bit of clear eyelash conditioner and lipstick and manage to get compliments on my makeup when not wearing hardly any. I have people ask me what mascara I use when they are just my natural lashes. Not everyone can do that though.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
trunkage said:
Grouchy Imp said:
trunkage said:
Grouchy Imp said:
trunkage said:
Grouchy Imp said:

Potentially. I don't post a lot of pictures of my daughter for this very reason. That's for you to say. I'm just being aware of what people use my pictures for.

This could be irrelevant with the advent of the celebrity stripping app that came out. They can just get a picture of my daughter's face and slap it on a nake photo and it looks real. I also wonder if a bunch of pedophilia cases will be lost because people pretend they are using this app and 'its not really an underage child.'
*Triggered* Yes, it is especially dangerous for girls to put their photos online and yes anything and everything will be done to them when you do. I learned the hard way years ago. We had our guild members photos on our guild website and someone took my photo and made a mouse rollover where my clothes fell off. Then later I had someone actually using my photos pretending to be me elsewhere and that was even worse than the mouse roll over. Then came the stalkers from hell tracking me down and a guy even went as far to post a photo of my street sign and talking about how much he gets off on " watching the light go out of a woman's eyes while he was strangling her". That is the primary reason I do not put "good photos" online anymore. I have still used small avatar sized photos but I am not as willing to just put pictures out there anymore, the ones they stole is all they get from me and even then I only use those where I feel safe to do so rather than openly share anymore. The internet is not safe for women, let alone young girls.

EDIT: ..And that is not even getting into what other BS I had to deal with over it in the actual games. I had an opposing team change all their names to some form of "Devil's man" and telling everyone we were sleeping together at one point. Gamers really can be the worst, even moreso in the hardcore pvp community.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Dreiko said:
I'd hope you didn't earn that epitaph cause you'd be some kinda zombie! (epithet, you were going for epithet, epitaph is a Greek word for "eulogy"! XD, epitaphios is how we say it in actual Greek though)
You know, there was just something about that sentence that was bugging me, but I brushed it off as paranoia. Lo and behold, it has sure enough come back to haunt me. :p

But yeah, I literally would have absolutely zero concern if some younger kid was calling me names. Cause everyone around would still know I would be able to kick his ass anyhow so they'd all see it as the barking of a powerless little dog trying to make himself seem larger than he is. Anyone whose view of you would be swayed by that would be someone who didn't know you and was too narrow-minded to judge you for themselves when they heard you described with a very potent term. Those kinds of people I welcome the scorn of. I'd not want them to think positively of me, it makes me feel gross to contemplate lol.
Which is fine and dandy, especially if you have the luxury of treating it and the potential fallout as a hypothetical (much like the classic philosophy question of whether you'd smother a baby to make sure the Nazis searching the building didn't find your family), but that's beside the point. The point is that it ceases to be about a given individual's opinion when that individual starts trying to make others adopt that opinion.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Lil devils x said:
we wake up look ... dewy and fresh.
Apparently that's a cosmetics-specific term and you aren't just waking up with a wet face (I had to check, because it just sounded odd).

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Baffle2 said:
Lil devils x said:
we wake up look ... dewy and fresh.
Apparently that's a cosmetics-specific term and you aren't just waking up with a wet face (I had to check, because it just sounded odd).
Well not necessarily a makeup term but rather a skin term. Dewy is well moisturized, glowy skin, not to be confused with oily skin but not dry skin. Examples:

Although they also make skincare products that can help either give you dewy skin or create the illusion of dewy skin if you do not have naturally dewy skin as well.
Just in case I haven't confused you enough :p

Sep 24, 2008
Lil devils x said:
*Snippage of Lil Devils X's magic words*
Has anyone else came from this weird story about Ice Cream commercials to hearing Devil's account of all these things that women go through and think that we share this world with Wizards?

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
ObsidianJones said:
Lil devils x said:
*Snippage of Lil Devils X's magic words*
Has anyone else came from this weird story about Ice Cream commercials to hearing Devil's account of all these things that women go through and think that we share this world with Wizards?
To me it sounds more like a self-inflicted, elaborate status ritual that's gone awry ever since capitalism got its hands on it. It's kinda like how valentine's day became a way for flower shops to make money, on a massive scale. It seems mainly unnecessary and excessive. Same thing with clothing and fashion and so on.

I care more about what's in people's head not what's on it or smeared around it. :p