Arkham Asylum 2 to Be Darker and More Two-Faced

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
I like the idea of it being much darker, but I hope that doesn't mean a higher body count. The darkest portions of the first game were the ones that exposed Batman's fears that he might actually be as insane as the villains he fights (which sadly got dropped in the end in favor of a simple beat 'em up final boss battle). As long as they run with that, and some of the other psychological/horror elements, it'll be good.

Though I do suppose it's too much to ask them to dial back on the Unreal engine a bit? The 'roid fuelled characters were a little too ridiculous-looking in the first game.

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Hmmmm...those words "darker" and "grittier" make me think more Frank Miller...

And that's NOT a good thing. Batman can be done SO badly in the wrong hands.

Edit: And I freaking loved AA.
Depends on which Frank Miller you're talking about. "Year One" Frank Miller was pretty awesome, and brought out interesting sides to the character.

All Star Batman and Robin Frank Miller, on the other hand...*nervous chuckling*

Sir_Tor

Nov 29, 2009
I will be pre-oredering that as soon as I can! But wheres Joker???? JOKER! He was so awesome! They better have Joker in B:AA 2 or else I shall create an army of horribly mutated henchmen and storm whichever city they are currently residing in!

Angelus SnV

Nov 19, 2009
Me personally, i loved the first Arkham; and the scenes involvin' my favorite villian (Scarecrow) were f*cking epic! But for th'2nd i'd love to see some actual boss battles (we only had 3 technically (Bane/Ivy/Joker)...well other than the same battle on repeat with the Titans...i'd like to see somethin' like a vs Catwoman, or maybe have somebody mind warp Nightwing or Robin...that'd be awesome! And some variety on th'challenges...like maybe Dynamic Duo Co-Op...man, when i say all this it sounds like i didn't love it...but it's honestly th'greatest game i've played in years! C'mon! More Batman!

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Two Face is cool.
I hope the Joker is still in it. Not as the main villain of course but he should show up at some point.
I hope we get to see Catwoman this time too.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Sweet.

Two-Face was already confirmed by the teaser trailer, since loads of Harvey Dent posters were around.

Hopefully Scarecrow makes a reappearance, and I'd like to see some really well done boss fights. Originality is the key for them. I think I speak for all of us when I say that the Bane knock-offs were awful, as was Killer Croc.

Darker? Hopefully that means in the sense of atmosphere and gritty-ness, rather than being impossible to see, which is what Splinter Cell: Conviction did with the Lumber Mill map.

I'd love to see how they'd improve the combat. It's already one of the best systems I've ever seen, so any improvements would be great.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
What I'm most interested in is whether or not the game gets shipped with crippling bugs that are passed off as drm when discovered so that they can ban all legal customers who complaint about it as well as "pirates".

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
How can you have dark when your batman?

OT: Not really looking foward to but the demo might change my mind when it comes out.

Dok Zombie

Apr 24, 2008
Delock said:
Isn't making it too dark one of the reasons Tim Burton's Batman returns wasn't as well recieved?
There's a difference between "dark" and "goth".

Since it's already been confirmed that the game will take place in the city itself, I hope they draw some inspiration from the No Mans Land story arc and have each villain take over a section of the city, with Batman and the GCPD having to recapture Gotham street by street. Although then it may run the risk of becoming a bit of a GTA clone...

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Conroy comparing the game's 'dark and gritty'-level to Return of the Joker? Nice. That flashback scene still gives me the shivers... it's that good.

AMX58

Jan 27, 2010
this looks freakin awesome I can't wait to play this. I loved the first one

DominicxD

Dec 28, 2009
OH GOD YES

Two Face <3

If they used a similar soundtrack to the one in The Dark Knight then it's my favourite game ever.

Also: Happy Birthday, Hitler.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Once again, I've got a tenner that says this game is an adaptation of either Knightfall (explains the inevitable power reset) or No Man's Land (explains the Gotham warzone we saw in the teaser).

ReSpawn

Feb 24, 2009
Sonicron said:
Conroy comparing the game's 'dark and gritty'-level to Return of the Joker? Nice. That flashback scene still gives me the shivers... it's that good.
Correspondingly, the censored kids version of that scene is hilariously bad.

The Joker essentially falls on his own sword, so to speak. Which, as you probably know, utterly destroys the character arc for just about every character who isn't Terry.

Also, I see people talking about a teaser trailer? Where is this? Was it on AA?

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
Would be nice if the story was a bit more realistic instead of the comic book style thing with venom.