Artifical hair colour

SpikeyGirl

Jun 30, 2009
Ok, so I've finally done something I've been promising myself I would do since I was sixteen, two years ago.
I'm dyeing my hair. First lightening the tips then dyeing them green.

So what I'm asking you is have you dyed your hair? Do you regret it? What colour or colours did you use?

Any most importantly do you have any tips?

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
It was dyed red for a day, that was largely due to a stone and a rather agitated classmate.

Devil-Born

Nov 13, 2009
No i don't regret dying my hair i do regret dying it in such a way i get nicknamed sonic the hedgehog

also you shouldn't keep the one colour over and over experiment a little i went with a full head of crimson red hair and it was awesome

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
CK76 said:
It was dyed red for a day, that was largely due to a stone and a rather agitated classmate.
I don't quite think that's considered dye...

OT: Nope. I quite like my hair the color it is.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
All I can say about Artifical hair colour is that on women I quite like it. Actually, I'd go so far as to say it's one of things that will make me take a second look at someone, the neck snap if you will.

For dudes though, it normally ends up looking not so great. But of course I'm nowhere close to being good at deciding what looks cool.

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
I only use temporary dyes for performances and costumes; gone blue for a cosplay as James from Team Rocket, ginger for Slappy (from the Goosebumps series) and grey for a Halloween ghost tour.

Once put brown lowlights in my hair, but didn't have much effect. Might go a crazy colour over Christmas, just for the hell of it!

Okuu_Fusion

Jul 14, 2010
Dyed my hair green one time... big mistake... I looked like an idiot...

Dyed it blue as well... I looked better, but still idiotic...

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Tried dying it once, but it's so dark it really didn't show the colour at all unless I was standing under really harsh lighting.

After seeing Scott Pilgrim, though, I must say I do quite like the whole oddly dyed hair colour thing. >.>

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
In this summer alone I've dyed my hair three or four times. Right now its at a black blue stage, though I'm adding bright blue to the bangs and redying the black blue into the rest of my hair before the school year starts. DO it regret it? Hell no I love it.

DC_Josh

Harmonica God
Oct 9, 2008
Dyed my hair crimson once. Looked like a tool.

I am however a massive fan of girls with purple hair.

Frog_Girl

Jun 12, 2009
I go Blond every summer and then back to brown in the winter usually because I get tired of the upkeep of re-dying my roots. Big tip I can offer you don't get the dye on your skin or it will stay that way for days if you do accidently, they sell these wipe at places like Sally's beauty supply that will take it off, soap does not work! Also the dye will almost never match the color on the box. My sister tried to dye her bangs red last summer and ended up with Bright pink. just keep that in mind when you choose your color.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I've been dying my hair for years but I haven't been very out there with my colour choices.
I had it brick red once but other than that I bounce from brown to blonde to ginger and
currently borderline black.

It's fun to experiment although I recommend not messing around with bleach, my friend bleaches his hair three times in rapid succession and it started to fall out. He didn't find it as funny as I did.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
No, I haven't. I have this funny business where my hair seems to change color over time. I used to be a blonde, and now its dark brown. Either way, I guess i'm ok with it.

Chester41585

Mar 22, 2009
When I had long hair, I used to get it 10-20% hi-lighted. It looked pretty good to me.

I'm not a fan of non-natural hair colors. I will turn chicks down for stuff like that.