Artists worst album.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
How did I know this would turn into a Lulu/St. Anger thread in seconds. Btw, Lulu is by far worse.

Speaking of Lou Reed and pretentious B.S., Metal Machine Music. To describe to you why it's bad would detract from what it actually sounds like. Listen, if you dare.

I win this thread.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Loonyyy said:
-Crappy dubstep backing. The backing just sucks. It's an annoying dubstep-y distortion sound thing, that just annoys the shit out of me.
dubstep?...hmmm...I dont rmember anything specifically "dubstep"...do you mean that electronic sound that comes through in "in my remains"? personally I thourght that was friggen awsome and wish it wasnt drowned out by boring old rock and guitars (probably my favorite song)

[quote/]-Crappy lyrics. I mean, come on. They're picking out every one of the standard sort of things they say. It's completely unoriginal. Half of the stuff sounds like they're repeating what they've said before, but with crappier imagery.
-It's really, really, really juvenile. "Lies Greed Misery" is dreadful. It's whiny, there's no real progression to the vocals, it's just Chester screaming because they figure that's what he does, the tempo abruptly changes for no reason for the chorus, and it's just senselessly stupid and violent sounding.[/quote]
yeah it did feel like they went back too "I'M REALLY REALLY ANGRY WITH YOU" <-I mean they always seemed to be angry at one specific person

you probably wont like thousand suns because its "different" (more electronic) but at lest there I felt liek they were singing about more abstract and interesting themes..."the catalyst" is the end of world (reminds me of Deus Ex or Mass Effect 3) "blackout" is pure insanity

I did like "lies greed misery" if only for the cathatic angry feel

[quote/]I think they should have stuck with at least the vestiges of their old sound.[/quote]
and become stale...I dont even see the difference TBH

[quote/] Linkin Park lyrics on dubstep. They're welcome to it.[/quote]
I'm beggining to suspect you don't know what dubstep is...HOWEVER i would have to go back through the tracks to make sure (I just dont remember any_

[quote/] Though this post appeared right after Vault's, it's not intended to disagree with her. Post delay.[/quote]

well too bad...cuz your getting my 2cents anyway XD

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Dangit2019 said:
How did I know this would turn into a Lulu/St. Anger thread in seconds. Btw, Lulu is by far worse.
Ive never hear metalica but (earlyer) I was going to mention people dont like st anger..and they REALLY dont like lulu

in fact I've never seen so much universal hatred of one album

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
I'm going to go with A Thousand Suns from Linkin Park, i'm a huge fan and I actually really like the CD. It's just all those shitty pointless intermission-y songs. If I recall like 1/3 or like half the damn cd weren't even songs just interludes to the actual songs. I'm fine with that if it was like Foreward or Session because those were actually GOOD as compared to these ones.

Seriously, why all the filler? The only acceptable one is Wisdom, Justice and Love because it leads PERFECTLY into Iridescent. Which I think is the best track on that album.

Innocent Bystander

Jan 29, 2012
Damn, got ninja'd on Lulu and Minutes To Midnight. Well, I'd have to go with... I dunno, I'm lucky in that I;m really, reeeeaaallly slow to buy albums, so I don't own many albums I don't like. The closest is probably Worship Music by Anthrax. I like the album, and songs like The Devil You Know, Fight 'Em Til' You Can't and I'm Alive are some of my favourite songs ever, but the album never really clicked with me.

FrozenCones

Dec 31, 2009
Issurru said:
I'm going to go with A Thousand Suns from Linkin Park, i'm a huge fan and I actually really like the CD. It's just all those shitty pointless intermission-y songs. If I recall like 1/3 or like half the damn cd weren't even songs just interludes to the actual songs. I'm fine with that if it was like Foreward or Session because those were actually GOOD as compared to these ones.

Seriously, why all the filler? The only acceptable one is Wisdom, Justice and Love because it leads PERFECTLY into Iridescent. Which I think is the best track on that album.
I think A Thousand Suns is supposed to tell a story rather than just be another album. Thats how I justify all the dicking about with preludes and sequel tracks, similar to Outside by David Bowie.

My contribution is The Resistance by Muse. I imagine people were expecting another mammoth album like Black Holes and Revelations. Instead they got Orchestral pieces and Matt singing in French.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
It would be really easy to do this to a band I don't like, But this band carried me through being 13 and I still like them. Evanescence: Their best album is

1) Origin
2) Evanescence
3) Fallen
4) The Open Door
5) Anywhere but home

1 being best and 4 being worst

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Issurru said:
I liked wisdom justic and love because its so damn [i/]creepy[/i] Ive never felt that creeped out by music (if you want to call it that)

I agree with all the "inbetween" stuff though

I like the actual "songs" (except for the messanger...he's "really" overding it there) I like Blackout among others

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Andy Shandy said:
I would say Linkin Park's worst album is Meteora, and I'm probably in the minority with that. I'm not saying it's a bad album by any means but I don't enjoy it as much as the rest of them.
Hell no. Meteora is awesome.
Everything after Hybrid Theory and Meteora is worse than those first two albums. The rest is great, but rarely anywhere near as awesome.
Haven't listened to Living Things yet.

They REALLY need to get back to Hybrid Theory and Meteora style.

I'll just toss Green Day in here. Green Day has never been good, but they've gotten outright shitty starting with American Idiot. Oddly I could argue that American Idiot was actually decent and sort of works as a literal "rock opera", but it just grates on the nerves after the second time you listen to the whole thing.

Dethklok's Dethalbum II sucked compared to Dethalbum, but it wasn't bad at all. Dethalbum III just came out. Still need to listen to it.
I can't foresee anything on it being better than Thunderhorse, Lost Vikings, Better Metal Snake, and Hate You, so I expect the first Dethalbum to continue being the best of the three.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Imthatguy said:
Metallica's St. Anger there was nothing worth listening to on the album even the Load albums had a few catchy tunes but St. Anger just sucked.
Ugh, so you don't know about lulu yet then?

Dense_Electric

Jul 29, 2009
Heh, you know, I came in here to make an "inb4 St. Anger" joke, then I got ninja'd on the very first reply.

Wayneguard said:
Imthatguy said:
Metallica's St. Anger there was nothing worth listening to on the album even the Load albums had a few catchy tunes but St. Anger just sucked.
I expected Metallica to come up but I didn't expect it to be the first reply :p

OT: I'll go ahead and add Death Magnetic. It was supposed to be a return to form for Metallica and it's just... awful. These guys used to be the kings of thrash but they just refuse to play thrasy music anymore.
Aaaand that's where I have to disagree. Death Magnetic certainly wasn't Ride the Lightning, but it was still a pretty damn good album. If I made a "Best of Metallica" compilation, The Day that Never Comes and All Nightmare Long would both get a spot.

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
Vault101 said:
I liked wisdom justic and love because its so damn [i/]creepy[/i] Ive never felt that creeped out by music (if you want to call it that)

I agree with all the "inbetween" stuff though

I like the actual "songs" (except for the messanger...he's "really" overding it there) I like Blackout among others
Creepy? Hmm never would have described it like that, to me it seems somewhat serene but in a weird way seeing as how its talking about how war affects everyone and how it's essentially just wrong but i'm still amazed at how perfectly it leads into Iridescent.

But as Frozen Cones said it might be them "telling a story" it sounds somewhat plausible to me. Guess I'll have to listen to it all back to back at work in the morning. Except Maybe Robot Boy and The Messenger. The Messenger for obvious reasons. I don't really understand the need to scream/shout in a sad/slow song, other than that I think it would be a fantastic song, his overselling ruined it for me.

As for Robot Boy I don't like it because I get the feeling of "Poor Me" from it and it kinda annoys me, but it has been growing on me.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Issurru said:
Creepy? Hmm never would have described it like that, to me it seems somewhat serene but in a weird way seeing as how its talking about how war affects everyone and how it's essentially just wrong but i'm still amazed at how perfectly it leads into Iridescent.
I know what its about, its just the way I see it because I have an acitive imagination or whatever

[quote/]But as Frozen Cones said it might be them "telling a story" it sounds somewhat plausible to me. Guess I'll have to listen to it all back to back at work in the morning. Except Maybe Robot Boy and The Messenger. The Messenger for obvious reasons. I don't really understand the need to scream/shout in a sad/slow song, other than that I think it would be a fantastic song, his overselling ruined it for me.[/quote]

yeah...concept albums....some are more straight forward than others (Like Nine Inch Nails "year zero)

screaming and shouting is ok...but it comes across as hammy and overdone in the messenger

[quote/]As for Robot Boy I don't like it because I get the feeling of "Poor Me" from it and it kinda annoys me, but it has been growing on me.[/quote]
I found thousand suns overal less "annoyingly angsty" than their other stuff because as I said their dealing with different concepts

robot boy feels kind of like irredecent....the idea of being at rock bottom

anyway thousand suns remeinds me alot of some aspect of ME3...hence why I cant listen to catalyst or irridecent without getting depressed

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Ieyke said:
They REALLY need to get back to Hybrid Theory and Meteora style.
I dont know..I feel like it somthign mabye they (and alot of the fans) have outgrown..

Contradiction

May 20, 2009
Gorillaz the fall.
Oh sure I love it now but who started listening to 'Speak it Mountain' for the first time and was like yeah that's definitely what I wanted/expected.

Rawberry101

Jan 14, 2012
I'd say that the worst Beatles album (not EP) is With the Beatles, almost no innovation that could be found on any of their other albums.

And any Pink Floyd, for all their lofty heights, has Ummagumma. Awful, awful, garbage. Nuff said. Most of the stuff they wrote between Piper at the Gates of Dawn and Atom Heart Mother is pretty bad.

Metallica seems popular to lambast, I'll add to the St. Anger hate, Lulu is worse, but I'm gonna be a fanboy and say it's not even a Metallica album and blame it on Reed.

Jingle Fett

Sep 13, 2011
Can't decide if Thousand Suns or Dead by Sunrise of Linkin Park. Minutes wasn't as good as the old stuff but at least it was listenable and it kind of grew on me(somewhat). I'll say Thousand Suns since I haven't heard all of Dead by Sunrise yet (though from what little I have heard, I'm not impressed).

launchpadmcqwak

Dec 6, 2011
hmmm...my favorite band is mastodon, so i guess The HUNTER is their worst album...but its still amazing, thats how good they are