Assassin's Creed 3: Again, Ubisoft?

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
This game is being developed by French Canadians, not Americans so I'm sure they'll point out how much of a big help France was, and how we probably would've lost the war if they didn't provide us with resources. I don't know if that's any consultation. Also the Eastern Native American tribes actually refer to themselves as "Nations" (translated from their language of course) so I'm guessing that by "his nation" they mean his tribe.

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
Korten12 said:
Sparrow said:
omega 616 said:
As a Brit.

To be honest I couldn't give a shit if Connor was totally "AMURICA! FUCK YEA!" let me slay thousands of English .... I have slain millions of Russians and I have never read an article in which Russians complain about always being the baddies.

What Happened to the British stiff upper lip? We are starting to get like stereotypical America "WAAAAH! Somebody did something mean to me! I am sooo offended! I will sue!" just get over it.

I wouldn't even care ubi said "Connor will be totally neutral" then proceeded to be the biggest killer of British ever, while no so much as giving a dirty look to an American. Even if they made the British look like bloodthirsty, baby killers and Americans to be the right hand of god, who never did a wrong and instead of killing us, they led us to the righteous path ....

The accent the people I am killing has no effect on my enjoyment of me massacring them.

Thing is, when was the last time America was the baddies? It seems that we forget America has been a villian as often as it has been the good guy. You know, Vietnam, that whole thing in the Middle East, that thing with the atomic bombs... yet, nope. America are never the bad guys! Variety is the spice of life, folks.

[sup]Plus, from what I saw in that trailer, they gave the English guys reeeeally bad accents. I mean, christ they were bad.[/sup]
But this is the Rev war. This isn't America during Vietnam and the Middle East. Honestly you would have really stretch it to make America be evil and the Brits being good during this war. Imo it was basically as black and white as World War II was.

Its hardly Black and White. I mean look at what the Americans did to the Natives. The British had actually established a border with the Native Americans and said they wouldn't go past that.

Oh and major reason for that was the fact that there was a major debt because of a seven year war between French and British colonists that was caused by George Washington who attacked a French fort, unprovoked, and killed ten French soldiers and their commander. The British then had to bring in around ten thousand of their own troops because the Colonists had proved they sucked at fighting on their own. This cost the British a 150 million pounds and that only served to add their growing debt. This debt was put almost entirely on the British taxpayer because it cost the British 6000 pounds to collect 2000 pound worth of tax from the American Colonies. So thee British wanted the Settlers to stop expanding to stop the cost of defending the borders, to stop killing Indians as the Natives were the primary source of fur and thus the major provider of money for the British, to stop smuggling and bribes which was cutting into the taxes the British needed and to establish a tax method that would allow the British to actually get money.

The Boston Tea party was also a ruse really. The British had actually undercut smugglers of tea in order to see money from the trade of tea and to deter smugglers. Smugglers weren't happy with this so they performed the Boston Tea party. Also many leaders of the Revolution were smugglers like John hanncock who had gotten rich off the seven year war by selling to the FRENCH colonists. These smugglers were mad at the British for trying to stop smuggling. Also lets not forget the tarring down to people who didn't support the smuggelars, the so called Loyalists, who were only made of about 44% of people from the British Isles, were tarred and feathered.

An don't forget that most of the leaders of the Revolution were also Slave owners. In 1771 slavery was offically abolished in Britian and they planned to enforce that throughout all British colonies. The leaders didn't like that so they decided to fight. You know that part in the American constitution that states that every man has the right to life, liberty and the pursuuit of happiness? The orginal quote came from John Locke who said "every man has the right to life,, liberty and estate." The pursuit of happiness part was used to replace estate because then the leaders of the Revoultion would have to admit that they shouldn't own slaves and that slaves should be allowed to own estate.

Oh and taxation without representation is also kind off bullshit. The Colonists had State Govoners whose jobs was to represent them in British parliament. They also had to only pay 1/26th the tax that regular British officials had to pay.

References: http://www.redcoat.me.uk/
http://vlib.iue.it/carrie/texts/carrie_books/simons/06.html

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
Sparrow said:
omega 616 said:
As a Brit.

To be honest I couldn't give a shit if Connor was totally "AMURICA! FUCK YEA!" let me slay thousands of English .... I have slain millions of Russians and I have never read an article in which Russians complain about always being the baddies.

What Happened to the British stiff upper lip? We are starting to get like stereotypical America "WAAAAH! Somebody did something mean to me! I am sooo offended! I will sue!" just get over it.

I wouldn't even care ubi said "Connor will be totally neutral" then proceeded to be the biggest killer of British ever, while no so much as giving a dirty look to an American. Even if they made the British look like bloodthirsty, baby killers and Americans to be the right hand of god, who never did a wrong and instead of killing us, they led us to the righteous path ....

The accent the people I am killing has no effect on my enjoyment of me massacring them.
Thing is, when was the last time America was the baddies? It seems that we forget America has been a villian as often as it has been the good guy. You know, Vietnam, that whole thing in the Middle East, that thing with the atomic bombs... yet, nope. America are never the bad guys! Variety is the spice of life, folks.

[sup]Plus, from what I saw in that trailer, they gave the English guys reeeeally bad accents. I mean, christ they were bad.[/sup]
Last I can specifically think of?

Spec Ops: he line actually put you against "rogue" US troops, if I read correctly.

Other than that, Prototype has you killing US Marines left and right for any or no real reason.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Oi, another Assassin's Creed 3 is going to be all "America Fuck Yeah"? Come on people we've discussed this enough, it's getting to the point where we're beating a dead horse...with another dead horse.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Sparrow said:

Spec Ops: the Line has americans as both the antagonists and the villains. Just throwing it out there.

Kiardras

Feb 16, 2011
Everything I'm seeing from AC3, trailers and news etc is pointing towards a boring, unintelligent "America fuck yeah" game. Such a shame to see the series go this way, it was bad enough when they began milking the series.