Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Combat Trailer Ups Its Stab Quota

bad_dog14

Dec 31, 2009
Antidrall said:
this game had better be actually challenging. assassin's creed 2 was too damn easy
Well if you're not thick and used nothing but the hidden blades, throwing knives and smoke bombs, then the game was very easy. This is mostly due to the fact that smoke bombs are quick-escape generators, throwing knives kill any enemy in 2 hits, and the hidden blades' counterattack insta-kills any enemy (apart from important story characters, which you can't counterattack with them). So it really isn't so much about making the game harder as it is turning the overpower dial down a notch.

Also, I'd like it if the emphasis on stealth was ramped up a bit. You are after all an ASSASSIN, and butchering Venice's entire city guard on your way home isn't what an assassin would do. In my book, the master assassin should always try to minimize casualties and avoid confrontations when possible. That's why I really didn't like the many occurrences where the game forced combat up your sneaky ass.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
teisjm said:
Abedeus said:
teisjm said:
Oh, and at 1:21 theres a chick assasin, which makes me wonder why it's called brotherhood, and not some unisex sort of hood.
I'm taking you didn't get far in Assassin's Creed II. Or play it at all.

There were many women assassins, at least after Altaiir.
Didn't play it due to, according to those of my friends who did play it, the combat sucks.

While it does (the original mainly) look quite interresting, i just couldn't be arsed to play through a game, where every fight felt like an obstacle between me and fun.
Combat is great. Your friends shouldn't have lied to you, kick them in the heads.

So i when i saw this, i figured if it wasn't for supposedly bad combat, i would prolyl get the game, so teh trehad title, which sugegsted awesome combat made me currious.
Combat is awesome in AC II and even more awesome in AC Brotherhood. I mean come on, grabbing someone and shooting him with the tiny gun in blade?
As for the chick assasin, whether or not the've been ther ein the otehr games doesn't really change the fact, that it's weird to call it brotherhood, which you would think consisted of... borthers, males, just like you'd not expect a man in a sisterhood.
How do you even know the "Brotherhood" is about the assassins? Diablo wasn't about killing people as Diablo, Neverwinter Nights ironically had very little Neverwinter and nights in general, Alien Swarm isn't about aliens, but about killing them.

Maybe it's some kind of Brotherhood who.. nah, you haven't played any of the games, won't spoil it for ya. It might be the enemy Brotherhood. Since Assassins are an ORDER, not a Brotherhood.

TriggerUnhappy

Mar 4, 2009
Whoever does the trailers for Brotherhood needs a raise, because every trailer I've seen for it so far has been fucking amazing.

Theistic

Oct 27, 2009
I really have to say, I just couldn't stop laughing at that trailer. While the game itself looks decent, the composition and music is just so bloody camp that it's unintentionally hilarious.
I am totally going to buy AC2 and AC: Brotherhood though. I loved Ass. Creed one and the only thing stopping me from preordering is a tight budget (I just bought that star wars pack on Steam. Damn you Steam.)

Would it be too much to ask for some links to other trailers of AC: B? :)

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Abedeus said:
teisjm said:
Abedeus said:
teisjm said:
Oh, and at 1:21 theres a chick assasin, which makes me wonder why it's called brotherhood, and not some unisex sort of hood.
I'm taking you didn't get far in Assassin's Creed II. Or play it at all.

There were many women assassins, at least after Altaiir.
Didn't play it due to, according to those of my friends who did play it, the combat sucks.

While it does (the original mainly) look quite interresting, i just couldn't be arsed to play through a game, where every fight felt like an obstacle between me and fun.
Combat is great. Your friends shouldn't have lied to you, kick them in the heads.

So i when i saw this, i figured if it wasn't for supposedly bad combat, i would prolyl get the game, so teh trehad title, which sugegsted awesome combat made me currious.
Combat is awesome in AC II and even more awesome in AC Brotherhood. I mean come on, grabbing someone and shooting him with the tiny gun in blade?
As for the chick assasin, whether or not the've been ther ein the otehr games doesn't really change the fact, that it's weird to call it brotherhood, which you would think consisted of... borthers, males, just like you'd not expect a man in a sisterhood.
How do you even know the "Brotherhood" is about the assassins? Diablo wasn't about killing people as Diablo, Neverwinter Nights ironically had very little Neverwinter and nights in general, Alien Swarm isn't about aliens, but about killing them.

Maybe it's some kind of Brotherhood who.. nah, you haven't played any of the games, won't spoil it for ya. It might be the enemy Brotherhood. Since Assassins are an ORDER, not a Brotherhood.
Hope you're right, might pick the 1st one up for starters (dirt cheap, and has to start the story somewhere)

I will not kick my friends, instead i'm gonan reccoment them some truly horrible games to return the favour.

As for teh commentary about the gun-blade-grab thingy, as flashy and awesome-looking as it may be, "cinematic action finishers" or whatever you'd call them, which i'd suppose that is, is one of the things that IMO makes combat bad in games. Sure it looks cool, but some games just seem to replace good (gameplay-wise good) combat for repetitive combat mechanics, dull enemy AI, and QTE trigegred cinemaction moves. If it's executed solely by pressing abutton, it looses quite a bit of it's cool-factor for me.
This, repetitive dullness, gameplaywise, is what i was told about by my friends (concerning AC1, haven't heard bout 2) which was my reason for skipping it.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
The team of murders Ubisoft has making the physics has really out done themselves this time.

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
I promised that I would not get this game. I promised to myself; tacked on multiplayer? Expansion? I don't bloody think so. Next thing I know, a goblin has taken my wallet, and purchased the Codec Edition on Play.com. Oh well; I couldn't just leave it by the door step anyway!
Seriously though, this game is looking better and better!

Badassassin

Jan 16, 2010
Ohhh my god! Did you see it? Did you see the-!? And the horse-? And the- Ahmagawd

I'm pretty excited for this one. Can't wait to call in my lackey assassins to get all stabby for me...

crepesack

May 20, 2008
Looks great. Can't wait to see what NPC assassins are capable of. That final scene looked really cool with assassins dropping down from the ceiling like spiders lol.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
That was awesome. SO glad I preordered and paid off the whole thing. Still, I want to see a FULL ROUND of multiplayer. This trailer has eased one of my fears, however; they aren't neglecting the single player. This is awesome. And the song was kick-ass. Suited the trailer perfectly.
Also: Ezio Auditore: The Renaissance Italian Chuck Norris.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
It's hard to be really psyched for another game when I'm currently just getting into such an enormously fun one (Halo: Reach), but that trailer still impressed me.