Assassin's Creed II: In-Game Upgrades

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
Everybody here probably knows that Assassin's Creed II will have a currency of some sort in the game that can be used for different things. First, what do you think the money can be used for, and second, I think that there will be an upgrade system with Da Vinci, so what kind of upgrades would you like to see, or think there will be.

I think that the second hidden blade, the gun, and the Master Assassin Armor will be purchased as upgrades.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Personally, I would like to see Assassin's Creed II be basically the same as the first one, but with varying cities. As long as each one is unique, and you don't only visit three cities, I'll love the game.
If I had to choose a shop, I would like to see the different weapons and abilities you get from Al-Mualim (short blade, short blade upgrade, and some jump upgrades) being sold, and you get currency for completing missions, finding items, and killing guards.

Cama Zots

Jul 10, 2009
Curtmiester said:
Well if theres money in the game, then there will be a real reason to pick-pocket.
Yeah. Upgrades might make it a bit too much like and RPG though

WriterX

Mar 21, 2008
I suppose that the type of upgrades that would be nice:

More Ammo Capacity (there is a pistol, so perhaps being able to have a bigger bullet pouch would be nice, unless they plan to make an infinite supply)
Perhaps "Damage Upgrades" to your weapons
"One Use Items", like smoke bombs.
And like Radeonx mentioned, you have to buy your weapons, not get them over time just for completing missions.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Radeonx said:
Personally, I would like to see Assassin's Creed II be basically the same as the first one, but with varying cities. As long as each one is unique, and you don't only visit three cities, I'll love the game.
More side quests?

SniperWolf427

Jun 27, 2008
Radeonx said:
If I had to choose a shop, I would like to see the different weapons and abilities you get from Al-Mualim (short blade, short blade upgrade, and some jump upgrades) being sold, and you get currency for completing missions, finding items, and killing guards.
That's funny, I'd like them to change basically everything besides the combat. City variety would be nice, but I believe that was the least of the first game's problems.

Can you honestly say you enjoyed pick pocketing, interrogating, and eavesdropping over and over again?

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
SniperWolf427 said:
Radeonx said:
That's funny, I'd like them to change basically everything besides the combat. City variety would be nice, but I believe that was the least of the first game's problems.

Can you honestly say you enjoyed pick pocketing, interrogating, and eavesdropping over and over again?
If the cities and their inhabitants were unique, and you had to do different things to pickpocket different people, then I wouldn't mind. I just got bored of the same city every half hour.

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Cama Zots said:
Curtmiester said:
Well if theres money in the game, then there will be a real reason to pick-pocket.
That would take away some of the monotony though, RPG elements always spice things up a bit.

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
SniperWolf427 said:
Radeonx said:

At least they actually made sense ,unlike the random flag grabbing within a time limit ,seriously WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!!!??? (beyond being a dick)

dportology

May 21, 2009
the only parts i didnt like about assassins creed 1 was that you had to do the same thing like nine times and the combat was really easy after you got counter attack so.. they should change that

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
Bored Tomatoe said:
Cama Zots said:
Curtmiester said:
That would take away some of the monotony though, RPG elements always spice things up a bit.
Which is a good thing, I found the monotony irritating.

May 1, 2009
I think you should be able to buy an RPG launcher and a chopper so that you could just take down an entire city and hope you killed one your targets in the blasts of the many, many explosions. (sorry... seeing RPG over and over put it into my head...)

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
Just more mission variety, make stealth a little more useful, and make planning the kill a larger focus.

heavyness

Jul 13, 2009
would be kind of cool to buy people off or pay people to do random tasks to help you out.

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
It didn't work very well in the ds version of the game and I don't see it adding to the gameplay. Personally I wiah they'd fix the real issues, like actually making stealth possible for all assassinations.