Assassin's Creed II Officially Unveiled

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
So they are developing it for all current generation platforms...
Somehow I don't think it will work too well on the Wii...

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Sparrow Tag said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Monkz. said:
Japan is my favorite for the AC3 :p
sounds pretty cool but Italian Renaissance just doesn't sound tht great to me.
Won't happen, unless they go with someone who isn't Desmond. He ain't Japanese.

Italian Renaissance is an infinitely more interesting (and exponentially less overdone) setting, IMO.
It could very well happen actually, if you follow the meanings from the signs at the end of the first game.
Explain? Desmond isn't Japanese; if they keep going with his ancestral line of assassins, there is almost no way it would take place in Japan.

Besides, I'm kind of sick of feudal Japan. It's been waaaaay overdone. Italian Renaissance / French Revolution are much more interesting and comparatively untapped.

d_str1fe

Apr 11, 2009
yea the wii would be fail. instead of stealthily backstabbing your target you would end up slahing a passing begger woman. wouldnt be a bad thing mind, because they were so annoying in the first one. 'Im poor an sick an hungry' (stabs four times to the chest)

Jul 9, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Monkz. said:

Italian Renaissance is an infinitely more interesting (and exponentially less overdone) setting, IMO.
True. I mean, between crusade-era Holy Land and Renaissance-era Italy, we're getting very underdone settings, which is a good deal of the appeal. Here's hoping they keep up with that.

By the way, I feel the need to plug (sorry). I wouldn't normally, but I feel my thread [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.106877#1763156] contains useful info not found here.

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
CantFaketheFunk said:
Explain? Desmond isn't Japanese; if they keep going with his ancestral line of assassins, there is almost no way it would take place in Japan.

Besides, I'm kind of sick of feudal Japan. It's been waaaaay overdone. Italian Renaissance / French Revolution are much more interesting and comparatively untapped.
Well the Dutch and the Portuguese both had presences in feudal Japan so there's always that route.

Boxinatorizore

Mar 25, 2009
This game will be great if they have a varying set of missions instead of you repeating the same 4 in every city...

Jul 9, 2008
Boxinatorizore said:
This game will be great if they have a varying set of missions instead of you repeating the same 4 in every city...
Again, see my shameless plug above. The thread I linked to addressed that.

razor4008

Apr 17, 2009
love AC me self ye it was a bit repetitive but the story was good and if they could speed up the combat a bit may be have a multiple take down system were you can take down two or three guy at once that would solve the slowness of the combat in the first one what do you think.

liking the french rev ider. not shore about the modern day one though AC is all about swords play if they bringing it into the modern day well you might as well be playing wanted which is a pretty bog standard game. i would still play AC even if it was modern i love it that much.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yonaguni#In_popular_culture

This island is mentioned in the writing during the end of "The Eagle and The Apple", as AC1 should be subtitled. During the conversations in that ending, it's mentioned that "Some of the locations are on land that no longer exists" - suggesting the area of Yonaguni destroyed by Earthquakes, either the 1998 one or earlier.

As for ancestry and genetic memory, it's already been mentioned that both Dutch and Portuguese nations had a presence over there, and as the Westernmost tip, far away from mainstream civilisation, it'd be an interesting place for Assassins to hide. Besides - this story is going to encompass a wide period of history as far as I can tell. Why not more recent? What was happening in Japan during the turn of the century? Were the Templars involved in motivating Japan's involvement with the Axis powers? Who knows...

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Catkid906 said:
As long as the voice actor isn't some cheesy Italian Guy like Mario, I'll get it.
That would be quite funny though, if every now and then all you heard was "Mario!"...

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Monkz. said:

As for whats next, Revolutionary war? Or, 3 being the finale, will probably be set in the near future.

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
You know what? I loved AC1. Yes, the stock 3 side-missions were repetitive. Yes, the fact that a kick-ass, free-running assassin can't swim was more than a little improbable. And yes, the one-button combat really didn't need to be thrust into the limelight in the last 10% of the game. But I'm willing to forgive the game all of that because of beautifully rendered graphics, the witty background commentary of the peasants if you started climbing buildings or spazzing out in front of them, and of course, the creative ways you could assassinate your targets. Leaping three stories off a roof in order to face-stab someone? Priceless.
So I'm excited about this game. I really am. Even the cynical parts of me that keep whispering how it's too good to be true, them changing the few things I hated about the game while preserving the chocolaty goodness. I want to have faith this time.

Anyway, as for the third installment...I don't know if they'd take it all the way to the Industrial Revolution. So far we have Holy Lands and Renaissance Italy. And the second game should have some connection to Da Vinci if the trailer's to be believed. With the religious flavor to the first game (and the connection between Da Vinci and Christianity, especially in pop culture these days), I'd have to guess AC3 will carry on that religious backdrop. But I can't even fathom a guess. The history buff in me would love to see a game set during the French Revolution, but I may be the only one.

Manic Overkill

Apr 16, 2009
Well I think it's good that they've finally dropped the manic 10 guys at once scenario. And assasins creed 2 on wii?

Say Anything

Jan 23, 2008
Ugh. Wasted $10 on the first one, because none of my three computers seem to want to run it correctly, despite meeting all of the requirements on two of the computers.

Azzaevil

Jun 26, 2008
My friend still can't belive they are making this, but you could of seen it comming how they left the first one.

Droids_Rule

Mar 26, 2009
Oh boy, he still has the 'Shhh, I'm an assassin' thing going on that Yahztee joked about from the last game. He still looks pretty cool, but a little over the top. Also, what is up with the double knives? I mean, it's neat and all, but I just don't see the functionality.