Assassin's Creed Needs a Break, Says Producer

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
They seem to be on the right idea, I'm only half way through number 2 and I am more bored with it than anyone has ever been bored in the history of boredom.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
I'm glad to hear this. It's good to see developers realize that even die-hard fans can get sick of a game if you overload them with it...see Guitar hero.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Why the hell didn't they just ignore Brotherhood and finish the trilogy instead then? Idiotic...

Hidden_Agenda

Jul 3, 2010
Well, with said expansion they can continue the story a bit more while adding in content....

With the trilogy ended this would've been hypocrisy at it's finest along with them not being able to continue the story as DESMOND...

Speaking of which, yes that's how they should end it. As he has acquired the knowledge and skills to be the best assassin.

Like a Matrix plot device he's learned through the use of computers. I wonder if they pulled the pluf if he'd wind up dead or in a permanent trance thinking he's in 1586 as Enzio.

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
I think valve follows the same philosophy. cept they must plow their farms every new millennium.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Well it's nice to see not everyone at Ubisoft is an imbecile. If only Treyarch and IW would do the same with the COD franchise, but that's never going to happen.

Anywho I'm happy to patiently wait for ACIII.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Here's to hoping that Assassin's Creed III to be even better than both II and Brotherhood. If they release it on 2013, it'll give them more development time. And please, no leaving out episodes (like ACII).

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
Assassin's Creed Needs a Break, Says Producer

Assassin's Creed producer Jean-Francois Boivin says that he wants the series to take a breather, so that people don't get bored of it.
lol too late for me...

but a breather would most likely bring me back eventually

Calvar Draveir

Feb 10, 2010
FinalDream said:
They seem to be on the right idea, I'm only half way through number 2 and I am more bored with it than anyone has ever been bored in the history of boredom.
Try playing the NEw final fantasy. That'll have you praising the ground AC2 walks on. Personally, I didn't get bored of the game until I'd played for about 30 hours of just mucking around killing all the guards, after I'd finished the story in 21 hours. Then I started a new game with the language on italian, and it was fun again. (man, I wish you could replay memories. It would make sense, since the animus is DESIGNED to replay memories.)

Anyway, I'm not sure what the thrid game in the main trilogy will be, but I hope the extra year gives it the time it needs to get its stuff together.

bassdrum

jygabyte!
Oct 6, 2009
ZeroAE said:
Awww..... I was hoping for ACIII in 2011=(
I think that that's sort of the point. If the developers don't give us the game next year, we'll be anticipating it even more the year after that (and on and on for the next few years until the IP finally dries up).

I, personally, think that this is a pretty good idea. Franchise milking is what brings us incoherent messes like Modern Warfare 2, so having AC3 come out after plenty of time in the incubator should be a good thing for gamers. Now all that we need is for the publisher to agree...

Sephiwind

Darth Conservative
Aug 12, 2009
I think that when they finally get into playing as Desmond it should be that one of his future blood lines ends up using an animus and plays as Desmond.

Dr. Awesome Face

Jan 11, 2010
Sephiwind said:
I think that when they finally get into playing as Desmond it should be that one of his future blood lines ends up using an animus and plays as Desmond.
My brain hurts.

OT: I'm happy to wait for AC3, but I really hope that they can justify why we're playing as Ezio again in Brotherhood. I mean I like Ezio but the end of ACII
kind of screwed him over to the point where he no longer needs to exist at all. I mean if he was only there so that the Gods could talk to Desmond through him, why does Desmond need to go back into the Animus to see him "hopefully" kill the Pope, in Brotherhood.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Tharwen said:
Jean-Francois Boivin said:
I don't think we do a service to this license if we pull a Duke Nukem on people, you know what I'm saying?"
In other words,
Jean-Francois Boivin said:
I don't know how long I'm going to have this job, so we need to release it as soon as possible without making it seem like we're milking it so that I can reap the profits.
How is taking forever on a game milking it? If they were trying to milk it, then DNF would have been a Xbox/PS2 game. (There is significant footage of the origional DNF, that has late N64 type graphics)

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
I think it would probably be a mistake to wait until 2013. A lot of the conspiracy theory-driven interest will die down after Dec 21 of 2012. The game itself makes many references to that date, so...

I'm glad he has this philosophy, though, because I was a little bummed when I heard about Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I don't understand why it's necessary, and it kind of flies in the face of the spirit of the series. I'm not saying I can't be convinced to try it, but it's definitely not marked on my calendar.