Assassin's Creed Needs a Break, Says Producer

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
Breath of fresh air, this. It's nice to be reminded that there are some intelligent folks with actual integrity working in this industry.

I expect he'll be fired sometime this weekend.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Trucken said:
The Animus is done, there is no need for it anymore. They have the information they were looking for in AC1, they have the skills they needed to learn in AC2, now it's time to put it to use in the real world.
Plot-wise, that's true. But I wouldn't mind one set in feudal Japan, Vienna, Istanbul, or really anywhere else. As long as they're fun, I'll keep getting them.

I hope that Ubisoft respects the devs though, if waiting another year means super awesome ACIII, then I can wait.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Miumaru said:
Tharwen said:
Jean-Francois Boivin said:
I don't think we do a service to this license if we pull a Duke Nukem on people, you know what I'm saying?"
In other words,
Jean-Francois Boivin said:
I don't know how long I'm going to have this job, so we need to release it as soon as possible without making it seem like we're milking it so that I can reap the profits.
How is taking forever on a game milking it? If they were trying to milk it, then DNF would have been a Xbox/PS2 game. (There is significant footage of the origional DNF, that has late N64 type graphics)
Yes, I was saying that they don't want to make it take forever because the people involved might not even be around for the release, but if they release it quickly they need to make efforts to make it not look like they're milking it.

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
Honestly, I think for the benefit of everybody ? and business can come back and override everything I say because at the end of the day it's about selling games
I sure hope the beancounters at Ubisoft won't overturn his decision/strategy...

The quote is from the Eurogamer article

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
I haven't gotten bored of it... I haven't played AC2 yet because of the bloody DRM!

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
NeutralMunchHotel said:
Logan Westbrook said:
'Yeah, enough of your Assassin's Creed'
Something about this quote makes me laugh.
Same. I can imagine some Templar boss saying it as a kind of cheesy one-liner.

On topic: I think this is a good thing. If only because I have a serious backlog of games to get through enjoy.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
As far as I'm concerned, the ass creed series has been on hiatus since 2008, which is when the last game that actually works with my firewall was released.