Association of Flight Attendants calls for all those involved in yesterdays events of breaching the Capital Building to be banned from flying

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Trump regularly used phrases like radical extreme left to scare his idiots off of Biden's policies.
Does no such thing exist?

Are there no people you'd consider somewhat radical who might be suggesting other policies for Biden?

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Dwarf, why do you quit replying to me every time I point out you’re trying to get people banned?

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Perhaps the fragile and oppressed conservatives would join me in calling for the nationalization of Twitter and other privately owned common virtual spaces (Youtube, Facebook, Twitch, Instagram, Pinterest, hell, even the Amazon marketplace and most especially its self-publishing features). That way there is no private entity whose free speech and association rights would be offended by having to allow the free expression of all members.
Or just repeal 230, a government protection that protects them from getting sued for user-based content on the basis that they're a "platform", not a "publisher".
That'd solve the problem real quick.

''He didn't directly say it but he's been stoking the fire for months, demonized every single entity that didn't fall in line', and then gave them a target'' is good enough as far as reasoning goes.
"Stoking the fire" is not a meaningful term. You don't have any facts or evidence to back up what you're saying, just vague, unfounded accusations. Come back when you have something real.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Or just repeal 230, a government protection that protects them from getting sued for user-based content on the basis that they're a "platform", not a "publisher".
They would still have the prerogative of enforcing a terms of service which is not content-neutral. It would not "solve" any problem, just put your posting liberty at the mercy of tech executives. Is it your freedom or that of the owners of tech companies that you value?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Dwarf, why do you quit replying to me every time I point out you’re trying to get people banned?
You know you could have just politely pointed out I missed your reply rather than assuming malice right?

When I have abut 24 notifications from lots of people reply I do tend to not notice some.

So here we go

Talking starts with real people in real spaces, not on fucking Internet forums or social media where that communication is monetized and marketed.
Why? Do you struggle to see people on the internet as real people? Or should it only happen IRL so people can be in range to start a brawl to shut the other down?

I think you two are partners in the same way I’m partners with, I dunno, Obsidian or whoever. I dislike you both separately, don’t worry.
Weirdly rather harsh there. Contrary to what you seem to believe I bare you no ill will. I just hope you don't end up getting into something you end up being unable to gt out of quite so easily. I mean you did admit to going to some of the protests that turned into riots in the past over the summer.

Are you gonna quit this? You’re literally just pulling fucking old Escapist maneuvers here, trying to get people to talk about things you think will get them banned. In any case, yeah, he was being fash. I don’t feel bad about saying that and don’t regret it.
Actually I wasn't. I wasn't trying to pull Trunkage's move here to get people to mention the other banned topic. Even since there have been people telling Houseman to fuck off or leave.

Also again we're meant to be leaving off the labels.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Does no such thing exist?

Are there no people you'd consider somewhat radical who might be suggesting other policies for Biden?
God fucking damn it.
You JUST SAID...
centrist Joe Biden being far left.
And also a strawman. Unless you can show people saying that about Biden
You fucking people...

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
They would still have the prerogative of enforcing a terms of service which is not content-neutral. It would not "solve" any problem, just put your posting liberty at the mercy of tech executives. Is it your freedom or that of the owners of tech companies that you value?
It would cause them to drop their mask. They'd have to actually act according to their ToS and either be fair to all, or reveal that they aren't being fair to all.
Those who don't like it will leave, and then real viable alternatives will be more than just a theoretical dream.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I dunno would be quite interesting to see the lawsuits flying even with the TOS because then the TOS would have to be enforced to the letter or it could be pointed out there was bias.

I will say I think reform is better than repeal with Section 230 as that would just allow the people with most money and litigious intent to control the things more.

A better move would be what the UK has that unless it's an illegal group your political association choices are protected somewhat legally. (though I think it may only be in employment).

Or a ruling that if you become the only viable / main platform you then have to act like a public service. That would also help stop some of the anti-competitive practices like buying up rivals etc to gut them.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Why? Do you struggle to see people on the internet as real people? Or should it only happen IRL so people can be in range to start a brawl to shut the other down?
Because everyone does. Also, yes. For a lot of people knowing that someone might punch them for saying fighting words is the only thing that stops them from saying them. Most probably.

Weirdly rather harsh there. Contrary to what you seem to believe I bare you no ill will. I just hope you don't end up getting into something you end up being unable to gt out of quite so easily. I mean you did admit to going to some of the protests that turned into riots in the past over the summer.
I don’t care. If the police arrest me for being at a protest where somebody looted a Sprint store, I’ll have a good laugh then go on my way when they have no evidence I took anything (as I didn’t take anything).

Actually I wasn't. I wasn't trying to pull Trunkage's move here to get people to mention the other banned topic. Even since there have been people telling Houseman to fuck off or leave.
Bullshit. You keep doing this. You keep bringing it up then shutting up if someone points it out. You genuinely care about the rules and regulations of a thrice bankrupted gaming web forum.
Also again we're meant to be leaving off the labels.
Maybe people shouldn’t be fascists.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Trump just wants 230 gone so that he can spend the rest of his life sacking social media platforms with libel suits for calling his lies lies.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Because everyone does. Also, yes. For a lot of people knowing that someone might punch them for saying fighting words is the only thing that stops them from saying them. Most probably.
So online conversation is often more honest then.

I don’t care. If the police arrest me for being at a protest where somebody looted a Sprint store, I’ll have a good laugh then go on my way when they have no evidence I took anything (as I didn’t take anything).
I hope for your sake that's true.

Bullshit. You keep doing this. You keep bringing it up then shutting up if someone points it out. You genuinely care about the rules and regulations of a thrice bankrupted gaming web forum.
No I keep pointing out it happened and we literally have a message up from Nick telling people to knock that crap off.

Maybe people shouldn’t be fascists.
So you're equating Torchman with the most extreme elements of one side while other people argue no-one is doing that?

You really are undermining their argument you know that right?

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
It would cause them to drop their mask. They'd have to actually act according to their ToS and either be fair to all, or reveal that they aren't being fair to all.
Those who don't like it will leave, and then real viable alternatives will be more than just a theoretical dream.
I'll record this as valuing the liberty of tech executives rather than your own.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yeh no that doesn't show me saying what you claimed.

It shows me claiming people saying that are likely doing it to strawman one side.

Which is why I suspect you linked and didn't quote it

You have to start from somewhere. Honestly it would have been better to announce it before recent events and maybe they wouldn't have happened.

And also a strawman. Unless you can show people saying that about Biden. Hell if you want to claim it's true then doesn't it serve once again as an example of those equating all the right with the most extreme elements.......

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Yeh no that doesn't show me saying what you claimed.

It shows me claiming people saying that are likely doing it to strawman one side.

Which is why I suspect you linked and didn't quote it
It was a direct quote.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
It was a direct quote.
No it wasn't.

I just showed what I actually said there.

I'll chalk this up to some weird error your end where because it seems you can't actually quote me saying it now. Hell or even screenshot it.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
And also a strawman. Unless you can show people saying that about Biden. Hell if you want to claim it's true then doesn't it serve once again as an example of those equating all the right with the most extreme elements.......