Association of Flight Attendants calls for all those involved in yesterdays events of breaching the Capital Building to be banned from flying

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
"He didn't directly say it, but I KNOW that's what he meant!" is very weak reasoning and doesn't deserve to be taken seriously.
Meet this comment

To quote an African Warlord once interviewed in regards to claims of brutal crackdowns against opposition groups.

Reporter: "So when you're giving a speech what would happen if some opposition members started shouting to express their views"

Warlord: "Oh they are entirely free to express their views for the duration of my speech"

Reporter: "So you'd not punish them nor would they face repercussion?"

Warlord: "I would do nothing to them, my men however, they are very loyal and what they might do once I have walked away I cannot say"
No Houseman. The warlord doesn't need to say specifics. Dwarvenhobble showed you exactly the implications of Trump's message. The warlord doesn't need to order anything.

Unless, of course, you think this warlord was completely innocent and did nothing wrong

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
So online conversation is often more honest then.
No. That’s fucking nonsense. It’s like saying you’re at your most honest when you’re prank calling strangers, it’s a bunch of solipsistic liberal bullshit. The you that interacts with others as human beings is more you than the you trapped in your own brain.
I hope for your sake that's true.
Cool.
No I keep pointing out it happened and we literally have a message up from Nick telling people to knock that crap off.
Good for you. I don’t care what Nick tells me to do. I’ve made that very clear. I use this site for my own enjoyment and if I have to act differently to stay on it I won’t be having that fun. It’d be insane for me to adjust my behavior at the behest of an authority I don’t care about.

So you're equating Torchman with the most extreme elements of one side while other people argue no-one is doing that?

You really are undermining their argument you know that right?
I don’t care what others here are saying people are or are not doing. Houseman is what he is. I don’t stick my head up my own ass to help other somebody else’s argument.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
So you'll be able to point to the part of the speech Trump called for direct action then?
To quote an African Warlord once interviewed in regards to claims of brutal crackdowns against opposition groups.

Reporter: "So when you're giving a speech what would happen if some opposition members started shouting to express their views"

Warlord: "Oh they are entirely free to express their views for the duration of my speech"

Reporter: "So you'd not punish them nor would they face repercussion?"

Warlord: "I would do nothing to them, my men however, they are very loyal and what they might do once I have walked away I cannot say"

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Except Trump didn't give free reign to his supporters or imply he was looking the other way for a while.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No. That’s fucking nonsense. It’s like saying you’re at your most honest when you’re prank calling strangers, it’s a bunch of solipsistic liberal bullshit. The you that interacts with others as human beings is more you than the you trapped in your own brain.
If that's your position why bother?

Good for you. I don’t care what Nick tells me to do. I’ve made that very clear. I use this site for my own enjoyment and if I have to act differently to stay on it I won’t be having that fun. It’d be insane for me to adjust my behavior at the behest of an authority I don’t care about.
If that's the case then I dunno just go round posing Goatsee or Tubgirl to people. If you don't care about much but annoying or owning people or trying to annoy them?

I don’t care what others here are saying people are or are not doing. Houseman is what he is. I don’t stick my head up my own ass to help other somebody else’s argument.
Well maybe if you tried to look at other positions and not assume the worst of people you might find you actually want to be here to try to talk to people.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
No Houseman. The warlord doesn't need to say specifics. Dwarvenhobble showed you exactly the implications of Trump's message. The warlord doesn't need to order anything.

Unless, of course, you think this warlord was completely innocent and did nothing wrong
Are you threatening to kill me and my entire family?
No of course you didn't say so specifically, but that's the hidden subtext of your message.

See, there's a difference between legitimately reading subtext and straight-up lying about there being a hidden subtext.

Trump EXPLICITLY said he wanted a peaceful demonstration at the capitol.
For you to read into that as saying "oh, so by peaceful, he meant violent!" is straight-up lying.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Are you threatening to kill me and my entire family?
No of course you didn't say so specifically, but that's the hidden subtext of your message.

See, there's a difference between legitimately reading subtext and straight-up lying about there being a hidden subtext.

Trump EXPLICITLY said he wanted a peaceful demonstration at the capitol.
For you to read into that as saying "oh, so by peaceful, he meant violent!" is straight-up lying.
Cool to see that you agree that the warlord didnt intend to hurt people who disagree with him

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
which implies he also doesn't care to find it.

Also he specifically said he's not looking at that moment / not there.
No. He said he did know what his supporters would do.
OF COURSE this warlodd implied killing his opponents. Thinking otherwise is really stupid. I'm just acting like you were. Ie. Pretending implication wasnt there when its very clearly was. See how silly it gets when you start pretending things don't exist when they very clearly do?

Trump implied interferring with the certification process. Finding that evidence all those evil congresspersons have. I actually dont think he intended violence. Taking over Congress, definitely. Stealing an election, definitely. Forcing Congress to do his bidding, definitely. Violence? He wasnt for it or against it as long as he got his win