Atari Picks Up Ghostbusters

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
Atari Picks Up Ghostbusters

I ain't afraid of no ghost, but the momentary possibility of the next slick Ghostbusters title falling through the cracks: that was scary.

Ghostbusters: The Video Game was among the Vivendi Games titles Activision Blizzard recently dropped [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/87255] due to their lack of exploitability. After the companies merged, Ghostbusters and several other high-profile titles were canned because they were not seen as capable of raking in the big bucks year after year. Fortunately, the specter slaying action is still on target for release. Today, Atari officially announced it will be publishing Ghostbusters: The Video Game next year just in time for the movie's 25th anniversary.

"Ghostbusters: The Video Game is a fantastic addition to Atari's global line-up in 2009," said Phil Harrison, President of Infogrames Entertainment, Atari's parent company. "The title has built considerable anticipation and excitement among game fans for its high quality action and all-out mayhem. There's no more thrilling Ghostbusting experience to be had, short of building your own proton pack." Hmm...that's not too bad of an idea. A positron collider could come in handy with the house cleaning.

Featuring the voice work and likenesses of Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, and Ernie Hudson, the new story in Ghostbusters takes place two years after the events in the second film. The game is planned for release on the PlayStation 2, Wii, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, and Nintendo DS next year.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Hooray!

And I don't think they'll be able to screw it up too badly, I mean the game was pretty much done, right?

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I love how it was dropped because of 'lack of exploitability'.

And by 'love' I mean 'am disgusted'. Way to go Atari!

The Sorrow

Jan 27, 2008
Did Atari just do something right? That's weird...

*Ring Ring*
Hello? Oh hey, Satan...frozen over? Barry Bonds came clean? Lindsay Lohan found Jesus?!

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I can still hope it will be awesome, sell like crazy, and make Atari millions so they can laugh in the faces of Activision.

dijital101

Nov 7, 2008
This is the only game on the horizon that I've even felt interest for and that's pretty rare. I'm usually pretty "meh" about new releases. Correct me if I'm wrong but this game is (for the most part) finished. Hell, it's so close to being done that all of the damn Halloween Doritos here have ads for it on the back of the bags. All Atari needs to do is release the damn......sorry my own intelligence stopped me from finishing that sentence.

reaper_2k9

Keeper of the Beer
Oct 22, 2008
I'm glad someone picked this game up loved the movies and this game is going to be awesome.