Atlus Teases Gamers With First English-Language CatherineTrailer

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Atlus Teases Gamers With First English-Language CatherineTrailer

The new trailer brings explanations, mysteries and warnings in equal measure.

Following the news [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108129-Catherine-Officially-Cheating-on-Japan-With-U-S] that erotic-thriller Catherine was making its way across the ocean to the US, Atlus has released a new, English language trailer for the game. The trailer helps answer some of our lingering questions, like "what the heck is going on?" but still leaves plenty of mystery to go around.

The trailer itself actually contains very little information, and is very much in the "teaser" category, which is hardly surprising when you consider that this is likely the first time that a lot of people have come across the game. The trailer presents the characters and their role in the story: Catherine - the blonde - is "temptation," while Katherine - the one with the glasses - represents "commitment." Finally, lead character Vincent gets the label "pandemonium," which seems quite appropriate considering how crazy his life gets.

Interspersed with snippets of gameplay footage and cinematics, the trailer warns the viewer that what he or she wants might not be the same thing as what other people want from him or her. Then it shows giant hands and mouths, creepy eyes, and sheep wearing ties. If I didn't know what was going on already, I'd be thoroughly confused, but I'd also be intrigued.

Catherine comes out for PS3 and Xbox 360 this summer.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
*slowly tilts head* Huh....

I don't know what to say about the trailer besides "bwhut?" but at the same time I really now want to play this game. Wait, its being released for the 360 as well? Awesome!

Kere

Mar 23, 2009
Still not for sure what the heck it is about...Trying to keep myself from reading up on it too much. xD
Can't wait. :D

Gingernerd

Jan 16, 2010
It pains me greatly that there's no current release date for Europe. I'm hoping it will be soon, or maybe it can be put on PSN? To think we've missed out on great games like Persona 2 and had to wait so long for other titles such as Persona 3(Raidou Kuzunoha 2 anyone?)

I hope they deal with this well, and i dearly hope they get on with those persona 2 PSP remakes!

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
*Insert Want this in Europe aswell*
I do hope however that they keep the Japanese voices, or the option to turn Japanese voices on with English subtitles...

Heard no talking in this trailer, so don't know if they are going to dub it or just sub it....better be subbed.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Yes please. I've already placed the call to my friend. The second a game stop gets it, I get a call, and a brand new copy. I may just pay full price for this one.

But yeah, cant wait. That actually makes a lot more sense since you could read it, instead of just watching and hoping by some revelation an SMT game makes sense in a trailer.

Off topic, best face ever in gaming at :41.

Cybylt

Aug 13, 2009
Atlus has no european branch, they rely on Tecmo-Koei and Square to do their porting work out there and Tecmo's already said no.

xDHxD148L0

The Dissapointed Gamer
Apr 16, 2009
I can't wait, I would have probably ended up importing it if they decided not to bring it over here.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
manythings said:
God dammit, make a PC port you sons of whores!
Agreed. I'm almost considering springing for a used 360... but I really don't want to. And hell no to Playstation in general.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I don't have a console (beyond the Wii), I sold the 360 almost a year ago and I want a PS3.

As much as I want a PC port, I don't see it happening in the foreseeable future.

I think I'm buying the PS3 version, even though I don't have a PS3 to play it in the first place. Then I will buy a PS3.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
GAHHH MY MONEY, seriously, my money, its going to take it

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
And here I thought I was in danger of learning more about what's going on, crisis averted!

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
I just hope that it will be released in EU. Though I can always import it.

And the trailer did not satisfy my curiosity.

Burck

Aug 9, 2009
I mean sure, it looks like a wacky Japanese game, but its by Atlus whose Persona games have quite eloquent stories, even if they did have their weird moments...
So, it should actually turn out pretty good, right?
(I'm being serious- but unsure.)

I'll definitely be checking the reviews of this game.