Atlus Teases Gamers With First English-Language CatherineTrailer

Osaka117

Feb 20, 2011
Certainly seems weird, but I'm confident that I've watched enough anime to at leased be vaguely ready for any crazy shit this game can through at me. But yeah, I'll definitely be getting this, it just looks to unique to pass up.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
manythings said:
God dammit, make a PC port you sons of whores!
lol pc master race battle cry.

I don't even think its going to happen so you may as well quell the cry for now and save it for some other game designed for the pc to begin with.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Shadow-Phoenix said:
manythings said:

I don't even think its going to happen so you may as well quell the cry for now and save it for some other game designed for the pc to begin with.
I can hope.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
manythings said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
manythings said:

I can hope.
Persona was never on pc so that hope of yours is going to have to be stronger to be able to pierce the heavens of pc ports.

Yvl9921

Our Sweet Prince
Apr 4, 2009
I can't stop re-watching this trailer. It's the music, coupled with the excitement of it definitely coming to the US.

Regarding it coming to PC, I wish it would as well, cuz the one person who I want to play this game the most is being held captive by her PC gaming boyfriend, unable to get a console. But it won't.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Shadow-Phoenix said:
manythings said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
manythings said:

I can hope.
Persona was never on pc so that hope of yours is going to have to be stronger to be able to pierce the heavens of pc ports.
Stop pissing on my dreams! *sobs*

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
therandombear said:
*Insert Want this in Europe aswell*
I do hope however that they keep the Japanese voices, or the option to turn Japanese voices on with English subtitles...

Heard no talking in this trailer, so don't know if they are going to dub it or just sub it....better be subbed.
Yeah, I saw this trailer months ago. I was hoping to hear the main 3's voices. I don't know. It is from the Persona team. Those only had the dub, no option to turn on the sub. I want the sub too. Vincent's Japanese voice sounds perfect for the role he plays (confused, terrified, and at times desperate).

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Well my dad's gonna be mad when I steal his 360 to play this. Then again if it's as good as the persona games it won't take long to beat. Who needs sleep?

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
so whats the big deal with this game? ive seen post after post about it but still dont get it.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
therandombear said:
I do hope however that they keep the Japanese voices, or the option to turn Japanese voices on with English subtitles...

Heard no talking in this trailer, so don't know if they are going to dub it or just sub it....better be subbed.
Yeah, I saw this trailer months ago. I was hoping to hear the main 3's voices. I don't know. It is from the Persona team. Those only had the dub, no option to turn on the sub. I want the sub too. Vincent's Japanese voice sounds perfect for the role he plays (confused, terrified, and at times desperate).
Sorry to quote you yet again with more or less the same post, but..

Troy Baker [small](Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia, Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4)[/small] is all but confirmed as playing Vincent, no info on C/Katherine AFAIK.

No idea when it comes to dual-audio. You could very easily excuse the dub-only system on Persona 3 & 4 as being the result of size limitation. A PS2-disc can only hold so much data, and there's a lot of voice work in those games. I can't remember many PS2 games supporting dual-audio, most of the examples that spring to mind are either sprite-graphic NISA games (Disgaea, GrimGrimoire) or really short (.hack).

On a Blu-Ray, it's way more feasible. Not that they'll actually do it, though. It must be harder than that or they'd include it more often.

[sub]But Persona 4 had a great dub (I WILL NOT BACK DOWN ON THIS), so it may end well anyway.[/sub]

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
mireko said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
therandombear said:

Sorry to quote you yet again with more or less the same post, but..

Troy Baker [small](Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia, Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4)[/small] is all but confirmed as playing Vincent, no info on C/Katherine AFAIK.

No idea when it comes to dual-audio. You could very easily excuse the dub-only system on Persona 3 & 4 as being the result of size limitation. A PS2-disc can only hold so much data, and there's a lot of voice work in those games. I can't remember many PS2 games supporting dual-audio, most of the examples that spring to mind are either sprite-graphic NISA games (Disgaea, GrimGrimoire) or really short (.hack).

On a Blu-Ray, it's way more feasible. Not that they'll actually do it, though. It must be harder than that or they'd include it more often.

[sub]But Persona 4 had a great dub (I WILL NOT BACK DOWN ON THIS), so it may end well anyway.[/sub]
I will be there with ya. I really like the P4 dub. Even Naoto's (Bring it, haters!). I will reserve judgement until I hear them, but having the OPTION for subs is always nice. Yeah, it seems NIS is the only one who does dual-audio with consistency.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
I will be there with ya. I really like the P4 dub. Even Naoto's (Bring it, haters!). I will reserve judgement until I hear them, but having the OPTION for subs is always nice. Yeah, it seems NIS is the only one who does dual-audio with consistency.
The only voice that didn't quite work for me was Margaret, but Elizabeth was a tough act to follow anyway.

But yes, dual-audio is always nice. I think this is Atlus USA's first HD release of a Japanese game (aside from Demon's Souls), so if they decided to start including it then this would be a good time.
Formica Archonis said:
My God, do I want an MP3 of their version of the William Tell Overture.

luckycharms8282

Mar 28, 2009
Worgen said:
GAHHH MY MONEY, seriously, my money, its going to take it
this statement combined with your avatar provided many lulz for me. Thank you.

OT, b/c I believed atlus would never bring it to the states, I already watched an entire playthrough on youtube. story is now spoiled for me.