Attack on Titan Crossing Over with Marvel Universe in Japan

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
Infernai said:
Welp! The Titans are screwed!

Eh, either way it should still be fun to see the Marvelverse fight the Titans and it'll probably be a lot of fun.

Leemaster777 said:
This is neat and all... but call me when DBZ crosses over with DC. You all know why. I don't even have to explain myself.
To put to bed the age old argument of who would win between Batman and Gohan, right?
Stop trolling.

Everyone knows that the fight we want to see is Martian Manhunter vs. Piccolo.

B-lockdown080

Nov 5, 2008
Brian Tams said:
Infernai said:
Welp! The Titans are screwed!

Eh, either way it should still be fun to see the Marvelverse fight the Titans and it'll probably be a lot of fun.

Leemaster777 said:
This is neat and all... but call me when DBZ crosses over with DC. You all know why. I don't even have to explain myself.
To put to bed the age old argument of who would win between Batman and Gohan, right?
Stop trolling.

Everyone knows that the fight we want to see is Martian Manhunter vs. Piccolo.
That would actually be a pretty awesome fight

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Charcharo said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Charcharo said:
Why?

Attack on Titans titans do not work in a modern setting (the one of Marvel comics... most of the time).
They wont last against even a WW1 army, nor the one of a very poor 3rd world country.

Not saying comics are logical (they arent), but the Titans are way out of their league... even without Spiderman into the mix.
It does help that it looks like they are attacking in a city (99% sure it's going to be New York) which would make things a lot more complicated. In an open field, were the the military could just blast away at the things without worry, and use attack helicopters from essentially any angle to get at their necks, the Titans would die. If they just appear in the middle of New York, things would get messy.

The military can't just blast them with explosives at will, there are to many civilians that would cause to much property damage. Aircraft and choppers can't fly around freely. The police, with their small arms shooting from the ground, would have a really hard time taking down any Titans, even if they did know the neck is the weak spot.
Remember a tank does not even need to shoot at a titan to kill it... it is absolutely immune to anything a Titan can do, is faster then a titan, more maneuverable then a titan, several times heavier...
All you need is a few tanks to crush the Titans. Failing that, Tank guns can hit a watermelon size object from over 3 KM... whilst moving... at almost full speed.

Also, modern guns have nothing in common (power wise) with what the bozos of the manga use. The (american) police can turn titans into cheese far too easily.

Deploying Tanks and APCs + military personnel + at most a gunship is enough to completely reclaim the AoT world :p
Possible, but I am not sure if we gotten enough information from the show to really prove one way or another. Titans are very light for their size (explaining how they don't crush themselves) and are fragile, but we haven't really seen the upper limit of their lifting capabilities. A six meter Titan, I would highly doubt, but one ten stores tall? On the the other hand, they may just completely ignored entirely sealed tanks, we don't really know how they immediately tell a human away from animals.

I have also looked it up, and New York does not have large amounts of military units ready with tanks on standby ( https://www.google.com/maps/search/closest+military+base+new+york/@40.7472598,-74.0741339,10z ). Of the military bases by the city, most of them are bay defenses, such as a few Coast guard bases, which is useless at defending a threat WITHIN the city itself. Also, the closest base with land vechiles (namely this one: https://www.google.com/maps/place/US+Army+Department/@40.7268986,-74.0385443,11z/data=!4m5!1m2!2m1!1sclosest+military+base+new+york!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x877f0980c646c775 ) only appears to have humvees, no tanks in sight. I imagine Marvel's New York is basically the same, although that does bring up more questions, since the city receives a major attack every month or so since it is the headquarters to much of Marvel's biggest Superheroes.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
I could be wrong here but don't Titans become inactive at night?

Basically, a Titan just keeps on rampaging and eating people without tiring. Let them loose in a place like New York city, and if they can't be contained there's more than enough people to keep them rampaging till sunset. Then it's experimentation time for the humans!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Charcharo said:
Why?

Attack on Titans titans do not work in a modern setting (the one of Marvel comics... most of the time).
They wont last against even a WW1 army, nor the one of a very poor 3rd world country.

Not saying comics are logical (they arent), but the Titans are way out of their league... even without Spiderman into the mix.
I have to agree here. The titans are all naked super-beings, and would be nearly helpless against anything flying. Given that this is Marvel, that means Tony Stark could own them all with impunity. Seriously, he'd be scoring the easiest headshots in history.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
RandV80 said:
I could be wrong here but don't Titans become inactive at night?

Basically, a Titan just keeps on rampaging and eating people without tiring. Let them loose in a place like New York city, and if they can't be contained there's more than enough people to keep them rampaging till sunset. Then it's experimentation time for the humans!
It varies from Titan to Titan. Some are able to keep going for hours and others just can't. Plus there is the whole event in the manga where a bunch of Titans completely ignore that rule due to special circumstances.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
I......almost feel bad for the Titans.

Wolverine - walking knife that they can't kill and eating him will just put him straight at their weakpoint.

Iron Man - Easiest killshots ever.

Hulk - HULK SMASH!

Thor - Does completely annihilating the neck in a single swing count?

Magento - Flying metal razor blades of DEATH.

Modern US Military - Apaches and F-35s because LOL?

Etc. Etc.

I mean seriously....it doesn't even seem fair.

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
Leemaster777 said:
Just as whether or not the astronauts have weapons to fight the cavemen, a simple question can help clear the path to another's answer. Do Goku's attacks count as magic?

OT: I can see a few interesting scenarios being worked out of this. Maybe something small like seeing the modern civilian react to this even though I doubt a small event like that will be explored, it's just one of many. I'm looking forward to this.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Paragon Fury said:
I......almost feel bad for the Titans.

Wolverine - walking knife that they can't kill and eating him will just put him straight at their weakpoint.

Iron Man - Easiest killshots ever.

Hulk - HULK SMASH!

Thor - Does completely annihilating the neck in a single swing count?

Magento - Flying metal razor blades of DEATH.

Modern US Military - Apaches and F-35s because LOL?

Etc. Etc.

I mean seriously....it doesn't even seem fair.
There would be a lot of trouble early on though. Unless Tony's tech can actually scan and locate the kill point, he is not going to be making any kill shots because he will go to all of the traditional ones which just won't work. Only heroes who go on an overkill approach would work initially and that may make things worse as people come to incorrect conclusions.

Thor will have a problem from attacking from the front which, while incredibly damaging, means nothing if the attacks don't actually go all the way through. Can't make a judgement on lightning though.

Hulk, okay, I agree there partially. If he decides a downed titan is a dead one then that is a problem since I imagine there is a good chance he will hit everything but the weak point on his first few hundred titans.

Magneto will probably have an easy time if only because he would just test until he found the kill point. Either that or just trap them.

Wolverine would have issues too though since he won't let himself be grabbed and will likely go for the face or chest. He may decide to go for decapitation but unless you actually cut out the weak point, a titan can recover from such injuries.

The military might actually have a better run than the others if only because they can collect data and if things get really bad just increase the payload of the missiles until the titans stop getting up.

But yeah, once the weakness is found then the heroes would start doing well.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Charcharo said:
SAMAS said:
Charcharo said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Charcharo said:
Why?

It does help that it looks like they are attacking in a city (99% sure it's going to be New York) which would make things a lot more complicated. In an open field, were the the military could just blast away at the things without worry, and use attack helicopters from essentially any angle to get at their necks, the Titans would die. If they just appear in the middle of New York, things would get messy.

The military can't just blast them with explosives at will, there are to many civilians that would cause to much property damage. Aircraft and choppers can't fly around freely. The police, with their small arms shooting from the ground, would have a really hard time taking down any Titans, even if they did know the neck is the weak spot.
Remember a tank does not even need to shoot at a titan to kill it... it is absolutely immune to anything a Titan can do, is faster then a titan, more maneuverable then a titan, several times heavier...
All you need is a few tanks to crush the Titans. Failing that, Tank guns can hit a watermelon size object from over 3 KM... whilst moving... at almost full speed.
Then the titan regenerates and gets back up. That's not discounting the possibility, especially in a city like New York, of the Titan knocking the tank off it's treads (I'm not sure of their strength overall, but that was a huge-ass boulder a certain Aberrant Titan was carrying.)

Also, modern guns have nothing in common (power wise) with what the bozos of the manga use. The (american) police can turn titans into cheese far too easily.
Problem is, that won't kill them. That's why they stopped using small arms against titans. Bullets, even if they could over-penetrate, cannot stop a Titan.

That's what makes the Titans do dangerous in their own series: BS-hax regeneration and a weak spot that's not readily apparent. I'm not saying a modern world can't defeat the Titans, especially if they're not having to deal with them on the scale they do in AoT, but it's gonna take a while for them to compile the intelligence needed to kill them, and they can eat a lot of people before then.
When a 60-70 ton monster of a vehicle that you cant damage no matter what you do (Titans arent even close to the strength nor the mass to even bend the armor on those monstrosities.) runs you over or shoots a 40 megajoule HE or canister shell at you, you are dead. That is basically annihilation. Their weakspot in the neck will be destroyed completely... along with most of their body.

That is more power then several of their cannons at once. Much more power. If they had the tech to make such machines in the manga, it would be a short and uninteresting manga :p

That boulder wasnt nearly as heavy as an Abrams.

Better penetration and superior damage from extremely high rate of fire and accurate weapons means massed fire will eventually ventilate their weak spots... that is what I meant.

To be fair, the infestation we see in the manga is completely impossible against the modern world. But for arguments sake, it would not matter even if they did. Just more ammunition expended. Hell, even my countries military would be able to reclaim the world :p
Most of the modern weapons dont really care for their neck weak spot. It is the machine guns/PDWs that would benefit from that knowledge. Nothing massed AP fire cant handle.
This discussion assumes that these are the same Titans that we see in Attack on Titan, and not, for example, just a Marvel-ified version. There are giant people in the Marvel universe, after all - Pym particles work in mysterious ways! - and, while not usually unstoppable, it's always shown that they're a bit of trouble. Hell, for all we know, these Titans are some kind of spawn of Galactus!

RavingSturm

May 21, 2014
I wouldnt worry about the Marvel Verse being curb-stomped. The creative clique at Marvel is just going to milk this for what its worth and just do an ass-pull resolution out of nowhere not unlike what they do in their yearly mega-events. The Scarlet Witch could just fart out "no more Titans!" and that would be the end of it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Armadox said:
Unless the wormhole that unleashes the Titans into the Marvel Universe is one of those tech killers. Then it's Titans versus a pre-industrial world.. albeit with supers.
That strikes me as somewhat interesting.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Go dammit, I saw the news on this yesterday and I figure I wait til tomorrow to make a thread on it!!!

OT- I suppose it can work since the Titan weakspot is at the back on the neck which none of the superheroes will able to figure that out until sometime later when the Titan had ate some people (and they regenerate fast enough to take in the stab, slash, explosion and shots etc).

I admit I wouldn't say it's overpowered from the heroes side since it would be kinda like facing a smaller primative Galactus times a hundred and we never seen a single hero beat Galactus alone maybe except for Squirrel Girl.

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
I can't help but think Spiderman would be the most anti-climactic introduction into Attack on Titan. I mean the spidey sense, effectively unlimited web so compressed gas isn't an issue, super strength, etc. All he needs is a bladed weapon that doesn't completely suck and he'd wreck titan face. Or neck, as the case would be.

Fairly Chaotic

Jun 18, 2014
"I have a Titan army!"

"We have a Hulk!"

Gotta laugh at the few posters talking about using a modern army. I get the point though. However, in the Marvel Universe, why even bother with the police or the military? Send in a few of the Avengers' (any avengers roster) and X-Men heavy hitters or outliers such as Cable, Deadpool, Venom, etc. and call it a day.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
As a fan of manga and anime I don't really like this crossover..american comics and cartoons shouldn't blend with japanese ones.

I like them both as separate entities. This just screams "let's milk it for all it's worth".

captcha: is it enough...apparently not captcha.

Uriel_Hayabusa

Apr 7, 2014
Man, Attack on Titan keeps on rolling!

I don't even like the series that much; but as a huge fan of anime and manga I'm thrilled to see it gain some popularity even among people who aren't normally into animanga.