Augment Your Wardrobe With Deux Ex Clothes

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
As nifty as the coat looks, as it's already been noted you really have to have a decent reason and style to pull off a trench coat without looking out of place, at best. Also, I live in north Texas, and I've already got a black duster that fits in better, on the tiny handful of days I've had any reason to wear it in the last three years.

I'll probably order the long-sleeve shirt and a couple of the t-shirts. Not a fan of the security logo shirt.

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
Mr.K. said:
Superior Mind said:
As it is they've made a design that's influenced by the Deux Ex style but not a straight copy. It's Adam's coat devolved to fit in with today's fashions. Why? Because they want to sell them and they will sell more if they are actually appealing as a piece of cloathing rather than just a collector's item for fans.
You silly optimist.
Let me tell you how these things are done, management wants to sell some swag, design department gives them the full layout and then management finds the cheapest company that makes something close enough, because custom designs cost 10-20x more.
Well yeah, but that's the cynic's viewpoint. Go team pointless optimism! :p

The Random One

May 29, 2008
That is indeed one awesome trench coat. I can almost forgive that they're selling a generally unnoteworthy pair of jeans as if it also was an awesome Deus Ex item.

Will they have the cool female blazers for the ladies as well?

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
Looking at the Euro store, the trench coat is 189 euros, which using XE is about £160. Now, compare that with normal trench-coats which, using a quick Google search, costs at least £180. For the first time ever, I've found video-game clothing merchandise that is cheaper than the normal plain version. Although I can tell Ubisoft wouldn't use XE's rates and I'd get hit hard by import tax.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Damn, want trench coat, but lack 189 dollars, and also lack badass job or hobby that would make wearing a trench coat necessary.
Hmm, maybe the latter would help with the former and then allow me to procure the sweet ass coat.

Or I could just settle for the shirt.

GrimSheeper

Jan 15, 2010
Great, anyone can recommend me a backalley surgeon who will buy my kidney so I can get that?

Not saying those are ugly, I really want that trenchcoat. Smart move SE, if you have this great game, offer side merch. I still want to buy C&C themed clothing to look like a Black Hand officer, but EA decided they didn't want my money.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
I really want that coat. Hardcore. I think I have an idea for a Christmas present. (Though maybe I should play the game before I spend $200 on a coat from it!)

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
Having a T-shirt with "Belltower Security" printed on it seems really badass, and the trenchcoat when it's raining or cold outside, especially.
Thinking about trenchcoats, isn't anyone here worried about Jensen's trenchcoat in the game? With all the bullet holes and his cyber-blades coming out of his arms once in a while, his coat must be ruined.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Rednog said:
Wow I'm kinda scratching my head on this one. They throw a triangle on a bunch of stuff and suddenly it Deux Ex related? Why not actually make a bunch of trench coats that are like the one Jensen is wearing in the game? I'd buy that in a heartbeat! There is honestly no reason for me to buy from these guys when I could go to my local coat factory and just buy a high quality trench coat there.
Dude if you think this is cheapskating, look at Viserals range of clothing, now thats insulting. Along with Biowares one range as well, They just slap "N7" on their shit and put zeros on the end of their figures. Konamis Metal Gears isn't too bad... just so much for the posting n packaging.

Valagetti

Aug 20, 2010
1337mokro said:
I'm seriously considering mail ordering that coat.

Though sadly it's nowhere near as long as Jensen's coat and doesn't have the awesome shoulder patterns.
Yeah for that sticker price, you'd expect them to do the shoulder patterns.
TO be frank I don't want the lame vest. When were vests ever in fashion?

Valagetti

Aug 20, 2010
Ziadaine said:
Ass-hats. apparently they dont ship to Australia.

Also, I'm not the only one who liked the bandanna am I?
Yeah they do man. You just have to go to the English/european entrance and pay 12.65euro for posting. These 'outfits' would make so much money if they make p n'p free, its so bloody obvious, best way to boost online sales.

Magnesium360

FDA Approved!
Mar 9, 2010
vivaldiscool said:
I actually really like the Tees, they're subtle, and you could actually wear them out. (fyi, the big "Triangle" Is a symbole for transhumanism." Much as I'd like the trench coat, they're never stylish, and if you wore one the most you'd accomplish is looking like a serial killer.
I like trench coats, but if wearing one makes me look like a serial killer... you know, for that coat, it's totally worth it.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
The European shop works with 1:1 USD to EUR conversion, why am I not surprised. Way to go.