Australia First?

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
Nunny said:
I dont think anyone wants to keep everyone out, rather reducing the current rate.

Do we realy want to test how far we can get too overpopulation?
No. But i do think a new city would be a good idea. Chances are we are going to expand whether we like it or not. Especially with the current growth predictions. Not that anyone is going to move where i live, its a stagnant shithole.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Yeah your right, very borderline racism their and to abolish multiculturalism seems a bit extreme to me too. However it seems we are overpopulating and I reckon it would be good to slow down the rate of immigrants coming through every year, also getting foreign ownership under control doesn't sound to bad either.

riskroWe

May 12, 2009
Oh bravo, let's shit all over a bunch of stupid people and their silly beliefs YAY I feel I've accomplished something because everybody agrees with me!

I might be the only one capable of or willing to play devil's advocate in this discussion but I'm just so damned lazy.

MysticnFm

Jul 8, 2009
I hate these dudes. I think there is a similar party over in the UK that holds basically the same ideals as Australia First, ie extreme racism under the guise of "Protecting the Countries best interests".

Awesometown

Jul 14, 2009
Dude, you remember pauline hanson and one nation right this isn't new for a country which until the 70s had something called the white australia act

Sep 4, 2009
Any info on how popular the party is or how fast its growing?

If its slow growth and the economy shows even modest continuous improvement I wouldn't consider them a long term political force. Just fringe cranks.

Convictfish

Feb 25, 2010
S.R.S. said:
Well what are we going to to about it?

Let's hope they go the way of Pauline Hanson.
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the Australia First Party (the one we're on about) was founded by that psycho, ranga, racist b*tch...

Osloq

Mar 9, 2008
I'm not exactly sure why some people are as surprised as they are that there are still remnants of a whites-first section of the population in a political position. The White Australia foreign policy wasn't scrapped that long ago and that pretty much consisted of only letting in people if they could pay an exorbitant amount of money and even then they'd probably get the shit beaten out of them down at the local by Bruce and Geoff every night.

I'm glad that the country as a whole has moved away from that mindset but there are always going to be conservative groups like this waving the one colour flag. Immigration is a legitimate problem here in Australia but I don't think the "Darkies go home" foreign policy is the right one. The fact that the hypocrisy of having come from immigrant stock and saying no immigration never occurring to them is the truly astonishing thing to me.

CouchCommando

Apr 24, 2008
They have a point on the university thing but all the other shit you quoted them as standing for sounds like disagreeable extremist (for Australia) twaddle.
And from what I know of the group they are not mainstream, just another outlet for people of a particular point of view to throw away their vote.
Like One Nation etc.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
zen5887 said:
So there's a new 'Political' group hitting the news for their anti-International students stance in Sydney.
They're not new. They're ultra-conservatives, similar to the "Family First" party and they've been around for ages. Do not vote for them unless you want gaming censorship in Australia to be even more extreme than it is now, because you can bet that they think games are "anti-family" or something.

Oh and they're racist.

Gavmando

Feb 3, 2009
Firstly, reading the website, none of it seems to be racist.

Secondly, I'm seeing a lot of the younger generation making comments about how bad this group is. Why? Well, here's my theory:
Over the past 10 years or so, i've really noticed a push by the government and society to embrace a forced level of political correctness upon people. This whole thing about accepting other cultures into our society and it being a good thing is being drummed into our younger generations. This in turn is creating this new attitude that protecting our way of life is a bad thing and forcing us to accept the new way of doing things whether we want to or not. And if you dont accept this new philosophy, you are branded a racist. Not all change is a good thing.
In my job, we have a lot of immigrants. And quite a few have come to this country on skilled migration visas. My job is not on the list of skilled migration jobs. Yet these people are still working. They should have been deported. Whether you like it or not, they are in violation of their visas and as such, should be sent packing. They have taken good jobs away from people who have a right to them. These people have no rights to these jobs, yet the attitude of "Woah! We cant discriminate against them or someone will call us racist!" still prevails.

Refugees, fine. Bring them in. If their country is that bad that they have a legitimate reason to flee, then we have a moral obligation to take them since our country is pretty damn good.

Just because someone says, "Slow down on immigration" does not make them racist. It's just the knee jerk reaction that has been bred into us by the government and the media. And both of these entities keep this stereotype going because, fear gets votes, and scandals sell newspapers.
To the young people in Gen Y, start asking some questions as to where this attitude of attacking anyone who, "disagrees with whatever the media says is a racist" comes from. Start asking Gen X and the baby boomers. People used to be able to have a differing opinion without being slammed for it. Do your own research as to whether Australia can sustain a much larger population, and from where it should come from. Make your own opinion. Dont just accept what has been forced into you and indoctrinated into you from a young age. Get smarter, get educated. Dont just keep spouting the same thing as everyone else because that's all you've ever known.