Australian R18+ Bill Hits a Snag

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
FOR FUCKS SAKE!

Why the hell do I live in a country run by sheer idiots!! They've put this off for fucking years, the MAJORITY of Australia want this in effect! 1 fucking MP who's backwards retarded view on society should NOT be the final rule on A WHOLE DAMN COUNTRY'S DECISION! We're not a damn Republic Country!

the clockmaker said:
low unemployment
Maybe if you live in Sydney and can afford the insane rent prices.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
This whole thing now reminds me of the scenes in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy with the aliens just endlessly demanding paperwork and specific forms and nothing ever gets done.

BlueMage

Jan 22, 2008
Scrumpmonkey said:
Wow Australia, hoe does your democracy actually stay functional? How does anything ever get done if badly needed legislation can get bounced-back like this? Get your shit together guys, this has gone BEYOND embarrassing. It seems that there is an undercurrent of AU law makers that, beyond all logic and reasonable arguments, are still trying everything to sabotage this bill.

You can't get your way so you just delay the bill almost indefinitely? Hoe can you be allowed the do that?
Mostly because (and this may shock you) ... It's not that badly needed! *GASP*

That's right. It's important to us as gamers, but to the vast majority, it gets met with a resounding "meh." There are larger fish to fry at the moment, and those fish like to dig things out of the ground.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Not G. Ivingname said:
Metalrocks said:
the whole world has 18+ rating for ages, and they still cant decide if games should have it as well?
i might be 60 before they issue a 18+ rating.
Not quite. Several authoritarian regiemes don't allow any outside media to enter there nations at all.

And my "several," I mean North Korea.
not to sound offensive and racist here but this with north korea doenst surprise me. this country has of course a totally different government. im sure cuba is the same.
i was of course exaggerating that the whole world has 18+ rating. not every country thinks the same.
but just thinking that germany has a 18+ rating and they still cut down the violence that a 12 year old can play it.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
well id take 18 rating over game being banned. however evne better would be the first country to actually bre brave enough and drop the rating altogether. you know, actually let people chose for themselves.

acer840

(Insert Awesome Title)
Mar 24, 2008
Country
Australia
Meanwhile, in the Australian House Of Parliment;

I wonder how long this will actually take. When people born today turn 18? Any bets anyone?

e.wlmo4

Oct 9, 2010
From what I saw on the news about Australia last night with a leadership coup I wouldn't see this changing any time soon so just get them shipped from New Zealand.

Giddi

Feb 5, 2008
blimey, these yanks need ta get their leg over the word arvo? They be thick as a brick sh*thouse.

;o)

iseeyouthere

Jan 21, 2010
Well... Better than before... which was NO progress. At least it is getting somewhere, even if it is getting stopped by ignorant jerks...

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
LazyAza said:
This whole thing now reminds me of the scenes in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy with the aliens just endlessly demanding paperwork and specific forms and nothing ever gets done.
That book was written as a parody to the inefficiency of the British(?) government at the time. Right down to the paving over his home and not telling him, saying he should have looked it up in the Town hall archives.

so yeah, makes sense that it seems familiar to inefficient government