Avengers 3 Arriving Early? Captain America: Civil War Reveals Plot And Cast

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
CaptainMarvelous said:
Mahorfeus said:
From what I understand of it, it's already been confirmed that registration will not be what causes Civil War in the movies (and thank god, they screwed the pooch with it in the comics) so I'm guessing accountability for actions is what will be the issue the conflict revolves around.

As Agent Gomez from Agents of Shield put it, "Ultron was created because one man and those around him doing nothing to stop him". Say what you will about the Avengers saving the day in Sokovia and around the world by stopping Ultron, he does have a point in that it was all Tony's fault.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
While I doubt it will be great... as long as they stay as far away from politics and humanly possible, I'm interested. (Slightly)

Crash_7

May 3, 2014
At the end of Winter Soldier, it looked like Steve was going to go after his old pal Bucky. Whatever happened to that plot line? Absolutely no mention of it in AoU.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
Rikun said:
Maybe they're going to address all the damage Hulk cause when they were in Johannesburg plus the utter destruction of Sokovia. Who knows what other cities and nations were decimated as a result?
That could be a factor. that is why they went to a "safehouse", to sort of evade public and political wrath.

Crash_7 said:
At the end of Winter Soldier, it looked like Steve was going to go after his old pal Bucky. Whatever happened to that plot line? Absolutely no mention of it in AoU.
This may play a factor (probably one of multiple) in the Rogers/Stark division in Cap3, since it was implied (iirc) the the Winter soldier had a hand in killing Tony's parents. And there is brief mention of Falcon still pursuing Bucky by Cap in A2 (also iirc).

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Crash_7 said:
Not so. Falcon said he was taking charge of the search while Cap was doing Avengers business.

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
Crash_7 said:
There was a pretty clear mention of it when Falcon said he was following cold leads on finding their 'missing person' (Bucky) while Cap did his avenging.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Sounds good to me. I just got home from seeing Age of Ultron just now, and then spent an hour discussing and explaining things to my friend. I'm excited about this movie, because I could see the seeds of it in Ultron.

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
So no Matt Murdock/Daredevil?

Or are they really gunning for the Spiderman tie in with him?

I seem to vaguely remember Black Panther and Daredevil being the big guns that side with Cap in the comics.... and Daredevil actually did really well.

I think it'd be silly to tie in Black Panther and Ant-Man pre-release but not tie in Daredevil post-success.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
People keep telling me how much of a game-changer Winter Soldier was, but was it really? Going by Avengers 2, it wasn't.
Haven't you realized by now that stakes have no place in the Marvel movies? You want a superhero movie with actual stakes watch The Incredibles or X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
People keep telling me how much of a game-changer Winter Soldier was, but was it really? Going by Avengers 2, it wasn't.
Haven't you realized by now that stakes have no place in the Marvel movies? You want a superhero movie with actual stakes watch The Incredibles or X-Men: Days of Future Past.
Stakes...DoFP. You're silly.

OT: I'm excited General Ross is coming back because that gives me hope for Red Hulk!

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
But when the Avengers are tied to an international incident causing collateral damage, a new governing body steps in to manage the team - including determining when they can be deployed.

Martin Freeman is Henry Gyrich. Can't believe I didn't see it before, Gyrich is THE government representative of busybodiness in the Marvel Universe.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
ravenshrike said:
Well, no, it was caused by the lack of diplomacy between Asgard and Earth. Had there been proper diplomatic channels established between the two realms, there would have been a much longer period than 3 days before the scepter was given to the Asgardians, or it would have been studied in a joint project. Either way, there would have been more safeguards put in place during the search for a true AI. Although it may be that JARVIS managed to make the jump on his own to full AI during AoU. Not to mention the point of the research in the first place was because Tony knows damn well the threat is coming. His threat assessment and the need for enhanced capabilities were not actually wrong. Sometimes shit happens and the more complex the project, the more likely a catastrophic failure will occur.
Well to be honest who is Tony to do such a project in secret? He didn't try to speak to Thor about opening diplomatic relations (hell, the movie ended with that being the case. I'm surprised no one asked about starting an embassy or line of communication between governments) at any point, and to be honest I'm confused as to why a copy of JARVIS couldn't just be used for the Ultron program given he runs Iron Legion while also running a satellite communication network and being the individual who runs the second largest share of the worlds largest tech conglomerate. How would having a copy of himself, or maybe a few, responsible for different parts of the world instead of one responsible for the whole thing, unachievable? Hell, why stop there, why not have an army of them in a hierarchy responsible for different levels of things much like governments have different levels, and if something happens that one alone can not deal with have a higher level A.I. divert resources to deal accordingly.

Plus, how Ultron was able to escape/be created (it's pretty vague as to which it was) if he followed basic safety measures? Tony is a fault, not because of the situation he was in, but because of how he dealt with it.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
So development just started and we should see it released May 6th 2016?

One year from start of filming to theaters? Holy shit, I remember when it took huge action blockbusters several years to get movies on the screen. I love technology.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
Politrukk said:

I seem to vaguely remember Black Panther and Daredevil being the big guns that side with Cap in the comics.... and Daredevil actually did really well.

I think it'd be silly to tie in Black Panther and Ant-Man pre-release but not tie in Daredevil post-success.
Based on the terms Disney was demanding from theaters, I doubt Netflix is interested in cutting any kind of crossover deal with The Mouse. Plus this DD doesn't feel like he belongs with these Avengers.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Kenbo Slice said:
Casual Shinji said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Stakes...DoFP. You're silly.
Hey, I'll be the first to admit the plot makes no frikking sense, but there was at least a sense that the heroes were actually in danger and of what it would mean if they lost.

With the Marvel movies (except for Winter Soldier) I'm just not getting this. All I get is indestructible heroes beating on countless mooks and saving the da-... setting up the next movie where they effortlessly beat on countless mooks and set up the next movie, and so one and so forth. It's become a rather dulled flavour.

Ocelano

Apr 14, 2009
Crash_7 said:
Actually at the Party caps mate mentions tracking down very cold leads in his missing persons case sounds to me as though the search is going badly

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
FieryTrainwreck said:
Politrukk said:

Based on the terms Disney was demanding from theaters, I doubt Netflix is interested in cutting any kind of crossover deal with The Mouse. Plus this DD doesn't feel like he belongs with these Avengers.
Yeah I've been reconsidering this, perhaps they should give Spiderman to netflix and make a sort of gritty city based version of the Universe set in NY.

(Seeing as Spiderman and DD do actually team up in the comics and the serieverse is slated for that Defenders boot)

Well at least if that's whithin their rights due to the agreement, I suppose not.

Still they said there was a possibility of characters appearing cross platform so I'm still hoping for it either way.

Ocelano said:
Actually at the Party caps mate mentions tracking down very cold leads in his missing persons case sounds to me as though the search is going badly
That was a very clean way to both get Falcon off-screen and keep that storyline sort of alive.

The Deadpool

Dec 28, 2007
Fanghawk said:
Next up is the new Avengers team, which features Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Anthony Mackie as Falcon, Paul Bettany as The Vision, and everyone you saw in Ultron's final scenes.
Damn... Can Don Cheadle get some love? Named everyone else...

TheGamingClaptrap

Mar 15, 2011
Spaceman Spiff said:
I just wonder who is going to cause said collateral damage. Also, I reaaaalllly hope that reality TV is in no way involved.
Not a fan of the New Warriors then? Nor am I, but did like Nitro. Curious as to what will replace him.