Avengers 3 Arriving Early? Captain America: Civil War Reveals Plot And Cast

murrayb67

Sep 3, 2014
Fappy said:
I still think Civil War is a mistake. They already tackled two of the major themes of the original story:

- Tony Stark's hubris (Age of Ultron)
- Patriot Act Allegory (Winter Soldier)

Turning Cap's 3rd movie into another Avengers movie just seem wrong to me, idk. I would have preferred another Brubaker-style action/spy movie with Cap, Black Widow, Falcon and Agent 13 looking for Bucky. Maybe use Zemo as the villain or someone and bring whatshisname back as Crossbones.
I agree, though admittedly, I'm not a big fan of the original comics version to begin with due to the horrendous character derailment. I would really have preferred the scenario you described.

Also, while the cast is large, there's no telling how much screen time any of these characters are going to get and if the story is told primarily from Cap's POV it can still be his story, so thinking of it as Avengers 3 may be a little premature.

Regarding TWS being a game changer, I would still say it was because while SHIELD still exists, it's a shell of its former self, still in turmoil and the World Security Council (I really wish they'd have fleshed that out more) no longer exists.

Marvel does reward those of us of who keep up with AoS, One Shots & Tie-in comics, but somewhat to the detriment of movie only folks.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
murrayb67 said:
Fappy said:
I still think Civil War is a mistake. They already tackled two of the major themes of the original story:

- Tony Stark's hubris (Age of Ultron)
- Patriot Act Allegory (Winter Soldier)

Turning Cap's 3rd movie into another Avengers movie just seem wrong to me, idk. I would have preferred another Brubaker-style action/spy movie with Cap, Black Widow, Falcon and Agent 13 looking for Bucky. Maybe use Zemo as the villain or someone and bring whatshisname back as Crossbones.
I agree, though admittedly, I'm not a big fan of the original comics version to begin with due to the horrendous character derailment. I would really have preferred the scenario you described.

Also, while the cast is large, there's no telling how much screen time any of these characters are going to get and if the story is told primarily from Cap's POV it can still be his story, so thinking of it as Avengers 3 may be a little premature.

Regarding TWS being a game changer, I would still say it was because while SHIELD still exists, it's a shell of its former self, still in turmoil and the World Security Council (I really wish they'd have fleshed that out more) no longer exists.

Marvel does reward those of us of who keep up with AoS, One Shots & Tie-in comics, but somewhat to the detriment of movie only folks.
Yeah, the source material was garbage. They dragged Mr. Fantastic and Iron Man through the mud and butchered their characters.

As for SHIELD, I was okay with them coming back the way they did in Avengers 2, but it should have been Maria Hill at the helm. The way they did it invalidates Fury's going underground and continuing to trick people into thinking he was dead.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Crash_7 said:
At the end of Winter Soldier, it looked like Steve was going to go after his old pal Bucky. Whatever happened to that plot line? Absolutely no mention of it in AoU.
I think that the "false leads" that Falcon mentions during the party at the beginning was in reference to them looking for Bucky. Kind of a knowing nod to the previous movie in a way that feels like a natural conversation they would have rather than the clunky "we're rubbing your nose in the context of this conversation to make sure that no one misses it" type of conversation that most other Hollywood writers would use. At the very least, I can't imagine what other false leads Falcon might be investigating while Captain is busy with Avengers business.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Politrukk said:
FieryTrainwreck said:
Politrukk said:
So no Matt Murdock/Daredevil?

Or are they really gunning for the Spiderman tie in with him?

I seem to vaguely remember Black Panther and Daredevil being the big guns that side with Cap in the comics.... and Daredevil actually did really well.

I think it'd be silly to tie in Black Panther and Ant-Man pre-release but not tie in Daredevil post-success.
Based on the terms Disney was demanding from theaters, I doubt Netflix is interested in cutting any kind of crossover deal with The Mouse. Plus this DD doesn't feel like he belongs with these Avengers.
Yeah I've been reconsidering this, perhaps they should give Spiderman to netflix and make a sort of gritty city based version of the Universe set in NY.

(Seeing as Spiderman and DD do actually team up in the comics and the serieverse is slated for that Defenders boot)

Well at least if that's whithin their rights due to the agreement, I suppose not.

Still they said there was a possibility of characters appearing cross platform so I'm still hoping for it either way.
There are rumours that some or all the Defenders will be in Infinity Wars, but they are just rumours. As it stands Marvel can do crossovers to its hearts content so long as Disney is ok with it being made (which in 99% of cases they are) and that for Netflix, if it's on their end for it to either be negotiated as an addition to their existing contract (like the second season of Daredevil was) or that it is limited to being within something they've already negotiated (the current 4 seasons and miniseries in development).

ILikeEggs

Mar 30, 2011
Fappy said:
Yeah, the source material was garbage. They dragged Mr. Fantastic and Iron Man through the mud and butchered their characters.
Can you elaborate on this? I've been meaning to read Civil War, but I've seen this sentiment elsewhere and was wondering if it was worth reading.