Awakened Shows What Midway's Hero Could Have Been

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
This reminds me of Freedom Fighters somewhat, so fucking gimme!

And come on people, this game doesn't even have a publisher or proper funding! Have you been spoiled this much as of late? See the potential diamond in the dirt here!

That being said, I actually thought it would be a game I've been wanting from a developer for a while. Something that's part Freedom Fighters, part V for Vendetta. Something where you can be a revolutionary with choices that impact the people you recruit, and a decent amount of politics in it.

IAmTheVoid

Apr 26, 2009
Looks like Heroes: The Game. Colour me interested.

Unless there's already been an attempt at a 'Heroes' game... then just ignore me. :D

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Sounds fairly interesting, but those special effects (which are very important for a game like this) look like crap, and it also didn't seem to play very smoothly. Hopefully they have good long time between now and release to get the thing polished and looking good.

EDIT: Oh yeah, is it just me, or did the powers show-cased in the video look extremely boring to anyone else?

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
looks like it could be cool but needs a whole lot more polish before i pick it up

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
It lacks polish, but it looks fucking awesome. As is, it could probably be a good Wii game.

A publisher needs to pick this up last year.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
Great concept. If/when it comes out, I'll pick it up for sure.

Needs alot more polish though.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
The idea is great, basically 'Heroes' the game.

But man does it look shitty, they need to spend alot lot more time on it and hopefully they will.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Color me very interested. Of course, the game could look better, but pretty much anything that looks like Quake 3 is fine by me.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
garjian said:
RanD00M said:
And is it just me, or does the music in the video kinda sound like something Sigur Rós does, or is it just me?
how can you know that and not know that its saeglopur? >.>
Because I seriously dislike Sigur Rós. I only asked because it sounded vaguely familiar.

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
This certainly has promise, I just hope they can make it different enough from Infamous and Prototype. What's with the superhero/disaster/dystopia mashups lately, anyway?

Celtois

Mar 28, 2009
So am I the only one who wasn't bothered at all by the animation or graphics of the game?

The animations didn't bother me in the least, and I thought the graphical design was pretty good.

endnuen

Sep 20, 2010
Hopefully it will not have the same shortcomings as InFamous and prototype, a stunning lack of things to do other than blowing things up and hurling yourself odd large buildings.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Well SOMEONE stole the Heroes music, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Looking good.

Nephilium

Oct 29, 2009
The graphics/animation/finish tells me this game is peobebly still only very early alpha stage, Seeing as its under production as the same group responcable for the development of hero i would guess the new company didnt get any of the ownership of the hero projects development hence they would have had to start again (graphics/animation/models/textures). upside of this is development should be realitivly quick or very polished as they have already made one version of what they are trying to create (at least to the point it was canceled).

If the game is a true large scale open world sandbox with full character customisation from looks to powers, when they get this finished they will probebly have a sale from me.