AWESOME ENDINGS

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
Thaius said:
I guess it seemed to me that he fell back on the Death Note a bit too easily. I mean, there were a few situations he could have handled a number of different ways: Light was a supergenius. All the amazingly smart things he did throughout the show, and yet it seemed, more and more throughout the show, that he resorted to the Death Note with less and less struggle. At first he tried finding different ways of doing things, but eventually it got to the point where he would just try one or two things to get rid of someone, and if they didn't work he would just go write their name. I guess it seemed like sometimes he could have tried a bit harder to spare their life. Of course, this became more frequent and extreme, culminating in Takada's death: he just killed her as soon as she was no longer needed.

My thoughts, at least. Admittedly, though, I'm seeing that I have to watch it again. I'm realizing how fuzzy my head is on the details of the last half or so.
sorry i didn't respond earlier, i opened this message, then had to log out immediately so i then forgot about it.

actually, i thought he used the deathnote quite a lot early on. he set up measures to protect it, then seemed to focus on using it. he only didn't use it when it became ineffective to him, or a hazard. for example, against L, or on Misa, it created only risk.therefore he was unable to use it effectively, and that seemed to me to be the only reason he didn't. it was a case of

use it as well as possible
find another solution

it was a measure of how effective L was against light that he prevented him from using the deathnote frequently for that long. but all of light's major moves took advantage of the properties of the deathnotes, shinigami, and the various rules that governed them. like the swapping notebook trick to make rem follow him. he took advantage of this to manipulate rem into killing L and watari before dying herself. he had to do this, because it wouldn't work if ryuk followed him, and rem was a serious threat.

i merely used that example though because it took advantage of all 3. there are plenty of other examples, although i still resent the fact that the creativity in them seemed to constantly diminish after light's memories returned. the final scene was truly broken, with the logic behind the two plans being based on something that seemed just silly.

Tri Force95

Apr 20, 2009
Halo 3's ending Legendary ending. Really closed off the series well, while leaving some nice openess to it.

matsm

Apr 15, 2009
I quite like the ending in Reservoir Dog's.
It's not like in any other movies I have ever seen