AWESOME ENDINGS

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Hm,
Pararaptor said:
Riff-Raff & Magenta's last few lines in Rocky Horror...

"You killed them. I thought you liked them. They liked you."
"THEY DIDN'T LIKE ME! THEY HATED ME!"

CrazyGirl17 said:
A few of my favorite endings would be:

Film:
Accepted (Let's just say it's one heck of an //explosive// ending you don''t see coming when you first watch it)
I laughed so hard at that. Though I wouldn't really call it the ending, more the final scene.

"I told you I could do it."
Hm... I think I see what you mean. Still funny, though.

I just remembered another awesome movie ending, for Wanted. Seriously, that is one of the most badass movie endings ever!

dreamtime

Jan 10, 2009
Waltz with Bashir has one of the most powerful endings I've ever seen. Anyone who hasn't seen this film owe it to themeselves to watch it.

Dr. Wily III

Jul 27, 2009
Mother 3 had an ending that brought me tears. It also managed to let me forget all the things I hated about the game.

I also liked the ending of Chrono Trigger and I have only seen 1 of 12(!) good endings.

Edit: I forgot The dark Knight and Rosenkreuzstilette.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
StarStruckStrumpets said:
The ending to Kingdom Hearts. I think this is one chord that I play too often!
heart chord?

i think FF8, its a bit of "they lived happily ever after" but what the hey

Manifoldgodhead

Sep 16, 2009
The ending from the Mist book is better, essentially the dad and kid escape and find the army and all the cancerous fuckheads from the grocery are assumed dead. T

The whole point of the story is a commentary on how easily humans turn to killing each other and how often religion is the primary backing for murderous zeal. Now wtf happens to that idea when the zealots all turn out fine and the only logical sane people end up blowing their own brains out? Fucking bonked thats what!

Cooperblack

Apr 6, 2009
Seven.
Babylon 5.
Blade Runner.
Dead Space.
The Empire Strikes Back.
The Sixth Sense.
Unbreakable.
Alien.
Shawshank Redemption.

Kayevcee

Mar 5, 2008
Earthbound had a really neat ending. The whole run-up to the final boss battle was just one brain-shag after another. It was all very well done.

Red Dwarf- the end of series 6 that is, where sadly the series should have stopped. "Better dead than smeg" and the end of Rimmer's character development.

-Nick

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Azraellod said:
Thaius said:
Maybe I have to watch it again: I remember Light putting on a facade after his father died, but as soon as he was alone he expressed nothing but victory. I apparently don't remember those events all that well...

I will agree that part of it all was the threats. His actions only got really bad when he had to kill innocents to keep his cover. That did happen a lot though...

Anyway, I would also agree that he pretty much was not himself once he regained his memories. Somewhere around that point was where I started thinking he had completely lost himself to his cause, though obviously I'll need to watch it again if I'm forgetting his emotions surrounding the following events.
it's not mentioned in the anime that light regrets it. they had to cut various parts out. i bought how to read 13 though, which contains author comments on the situations. otherwise you're right, light doesn't show much regret that his father dies, i just know this because i went partly into the manga as well.

i notice that he tried to avoid killing innocents, and depending on how you define innocent there, he did quite a good job. he considered anyone trying to catch him not innocent by default, which seems fairly reasonable if he wants to stay safe. misora was just unlucky, aiber and wendy i think were also a threat, and probably reminded light of L, and the yotsuba corporation... well, i was actually against that killing. i think it was stuck in at the last second though, as the image of them being wiped out looked silly to me.

takada was probably the point where i thought that he finally crossed the line. takada was a willing servant in his new world, and he killed her quite without feeling. i can understand his reasoning, but there could have been nicer ways to kill her then to burn her to death: after all, presumably she was still fully conscious.
Sorry about the wait: my dorm's internet has been crap today.

I guess it seemed to me that he fell back on the Death Note a bit too easily. I mean, there were a few situations he could have handled a number of different ways: Light was a supergenius. All the amazingly smart things he did throughout the show, and yet it seemed, more and more throughout the show, that he resorted to the Death Note with less and less struggle. At first he tried finding different ways of doing things, but eventually it got to the point where he would just try one or two things to get rid of someone, and if they didn't work he would just go write their name. I guess it seemed like sometimes he could have tried a bit harder to spare their life. Of course, this became more frequent and extreme, culminating in Takada's death: he just killed her as soon as she was no longer needed.

My thoughts, at least. Admittedly, though, I'm seeing that I have to watch it again. I'm realizing how fuzzy my head is on the details of the last half or so.

AWC Viper

Jun 12, 2008
Radeonx said:
Spoilers are [ spoiler / ] [ / spoiler ] without the spaces.
My favorite ending is from
Ringo and his wife rob the diner, and then, Jules talks him out of it, comparing his life to passages from the Bible. I thought it put things together very nicely, and made me love the movie even more. And his wallet says "Bad ************" on it.

hell yeah!

and the bad ending's on Dead rising.

Dr-Worm

Jun 18, 2008
The ending of Mother 3 is heartbreaking in a way that no other game has matched.

Also, the last episode (as far as I'm concerned) of Scrubs holds the distinction of being the only TV episode to make me cry.

And I don't know how many of you are familiar with A Boy and His Dog, but it's worth it to slog through the whole occasionally bad movie just to see the brilliant, pitch black hilarious, out-of-nowhere, and shamelessly misogynistic last scene.

And don't even get me started about 2001: A Space Odyssey. Does it make perfect sense? No. Was it a completely mind-blowing, otherworldly experience like no other in the history of film? Hell yes.