Awesome Swag from Collectors editions.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
We all have seen them. The awesome shit that comes bundled with Collector editions of games. From Statues to Bonus disks to Art books to special DLC to Special controllers.

What is some of the most bad ass Collector edition bonuses you have ever seen?

Personally it has to be the chainsaw Controller that comes with Resident Evil 4 on PS2.

Fuck that is just awesomesauce.

Anyways enough on my Nerdgasm. What about you? What have you seen that is just awesome?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I... I got a velcro N7 patch...
And a picture of the Normandy! That's cool, right? That can compare to a... chainsaw... right?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I remember that controller but for the GameCube, I think it was yellow though, anyway that looks really uncomfortable to use, do you actually use it?

As for myself, I've got nothing, just 0 collectibles.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Kaleion said:
I remember that controller but for the GameCube, I think it was yellow though, anyway that looks really uncomfortable to use, do you actually use it?

You actually hold it like a normal PS2 controller. Only real differences are the Shoulder button locations and Start/Select being above the D-pad. The blade juts out of the tor left of the controller. It kinda makes the weight unbalanced but not a big deal.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Solo-Wing said:
Kaleion said:

You actually hold it like a normal PS2 controller. Only real differences are the Shoulder button locations and Start/Select being above the D-pad. The blade juts out of the tor left of the controller. It kinda makes the weight unbalanced but not a big deal.
Oh, OK then, I'm assuming it's not heavy then, also the GameCube Chainsaw is indeed yellow but looks more cartooney, and that those have a button layout that seems awkward, I guess they wanted Resident Evil to still have awkward controllers but since they fixed it they needed to achieve in some other way.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
You get a Batarang free with Arkham Asylum CE...]
When I got my batarang it was all scratched up on one side. Plus I was hoping for something a little more substantial than a hunk of injection moulded plastic. Couldn't even take it off the stand...

Not sure what the best thing I've gotten in a Collectors Edition is... I got a plush Sackboy with LittleBigPlanet 2 (we didn't get the even better one with the bookmarks here in Oz), got a working Ocarina of Time with the 3DS version of OoT, a Batman statue with Arkham City... The InFamous 2 Collectors Edition was rad- got a mad statue, soundtrack, prequel comic and a backpack. Oh, and there were the Mario hats I got with Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land, they're pretty awesome.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
The Alan Wake collectors edition had a book which added in some expanded universe stuff, which was cool.

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
The statue you got with the Halo: Reach Legendary edition was pretty cool.

Bu, although I haven't got it yet The skull you get with the Diablo 3 collectors edition is far more badarse.

Washboard

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!
Dec 17, 2008
Got a master Cheif Action figure with Halo: Combat evolved for pc :)

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I thought that replica of the red gun that Bayonetta used was pretty cool when you get the Bayonetta CE. If some girl were to cosplay her (as if anyone can pull her off successfully) then she will have less work to do with the gun since she only need to make a copy of that gun well maybe just three more if she's going to be holding two and the other two attach to the back of her high heel.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
I... I got a velcro N7 patch...
And a picture of the Normandy! That's cool, right? That can compare to a... chainsaw... right?
I put that patch on a hoodie....

thats uh..what your suposed to do right?

anway even if you dont get physical items the boxes and stuff like really cool on my shelf...and that image of shepards hand reaching out and gripping somone elses..well after the game that picture almst gets be feeling emotional

anyway the statue I got of Cole in infamous 2 was pretty awsome

Rumpsteak

Nov 7, 2011
I uhhh got an awesome artbook with my copy of pandora's tower.

Soo then.. how does that chainsaw controller handle? looks awesome regardless.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
if I had enough money (and storage space) i'd always get the collectors editions.

well I got some under pants with the Catherine special edition. is that at least partially awesome?

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
I've got a few collector's edition exclusives, but my favorite BY FAR is this baby:

Starcraft 2 James Raynor USB Dogtags? Hell yes. Decorative... AND functional. Plus, it came pre-loaded with the original Starcraft.

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
Solo-Wing said:
We all have seen them. The awesome shit that comes bundled with Collector editions of games. From Statues to Bonus disks to Art books to special DLC to Special controllers.

What is some of the most bad ass Collector edition bonuses you have ever seen?

Personally it has to be the chainsaw Controller that comes with Resident Evil 4 on PS2.

Fuck that is just awesomesauce.

Anyways enough on my Nerdgasm. What about you? What have you seen that is just awesome?
That is THE MOST UNFAIR OPENING TO A THREAD I'VE EVER SEEN.

How is anyone supposed to follow that?

That is so ridiculously unfair and so freakin awesome at the same time.

OT - I don't buy many collectors editions, but i'm generally happy with just a soundtrack or an art book or something like that.

Well.....I was until I saw the OP.

DAMN YOU!

captcha - tastes good. No, it really doesn't. DAMN YOU TOO CAPTCHA!

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Dragon statue currently sitting on my desk...
Age of Mythology came with Bullfinch's Mythology and a little minotaur figurine - took me forever to find a CE with the minotaur still in.
The Witcher 2, though, came with pretty much everything ever. My vote has to go to that pile of swag. [http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41FYXKmcasL.jpg]