Aye, Sir: Captain Picard To Be Knighted in New Year

Admiral Stukov

I spill my drink!
Jul 1, 2009
Congrats Captain Picard!

And I can happily say that we share the first name (thats the actors name, not Picard's).

Well if any actor deserved it, Patrick Steward certanly did.
Now he can hang out with Sir Hannibal Lecter, yay!

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I bet he will wish her clothes will fall off as he gets knighted (Cookie for reference).

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
...So?

Everyones got a fucking knight hood these days. I'm pretty sure I got a coupon for one this christman.

Signa said:
I bet he will wish her clothes will fall off as he gets knighted (Cookie for reference).
Extras.

His best performance in my opinion.

Also, IN ONE POST! I'M LIKE A FUCKING NINJA!

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
Does the Queen personally choose those who are knighted? Or does she have a bunch of advisors? Or do people just not ask these questions?

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Emperor Uriel Septim gets knighted!

Kinda backwards, huh? An emperor getting knighted...
Well, it's quite a high honour for a dead emperor, isn't it?

I didn't really get why he had such a small role in Oblivion. They probably blew their whole voice budget on him, explaining the rest of the voices being dull and near-emotionless.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
MurderousToaster said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Emperor Uriel Septim gets knighted!

Kinda backwards, huh? An emperor getting knighted...
Well, it's quite a high honour for a dead emperor, isn't it?

I didn't really get why he had such a small role in Oblivion. They probably blew their whole voice budget on him, explaining the rest of the voices being dull and near-emotionless.
That's likely what happened. It also explains why Fallout had better more voice actors. They had more money off of the financial success of Oblivion.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
About time!!!

Seriously I watch Star Trek: The next Generation with my dad all the time...

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
This is a good way to bring in the new year. Though it is one of his lesser known roles, I will always remember the first time I saw him playing a villain in Masterminds. One of the best! Salud, Sir Stewart!

Dr. Gorgenflex

May 10, 2009
Why not William Shatner? But Patrick Stewart is still a pretty cool guy. I love his work on American Dad as well.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Ian McKellen got knighted? Sweet deal, I've enjoyed his acting a lot in the past.

He was pretty much the saving grace of the X-Men films, come to think of it...

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
Jadak said:
I have no respect for royalty, but I can't argue with this...

On second thought, the fact that mere race car drivers are also getting Knighted takes all the prestige out of this. Picard deserves something better than being grouped with those nobodies.
The race driver is getting one of the lower awards, an OBE I think