Azure Wyrm (PM me to join)

Viirin

Jul 30, 2011
I actually didn't see the first post at the top of the page until today! I guess it had something to do with the page breaking (started page 2) and I didn't see it. My bad! You said 'hairy' for the spider, which I'd think of tarantula, but they don't use webs to catch prey. Eight legs I can tell, and hairy... I got me an idea. Was hoping someone would want eyes soon, and so glad you chose spider. I was planning on throwing one at you soon anyway. Unlocked: spider eyes, web

You had a lot of actions in the last post! I'm gonna ask you to rest a bit before finding more stuff to nom, since I'm also going to use the next post towards you to teach everyone something awesome :) Also, unlocked: garter snake

Unlocked: golden barrel cactus

@Everyone: The sun has set.

@Wrecker: The slime had suffocated the snake and pulled the remainder of its body within itself, but it was still going to take a few minutes to digest it all. It had initially felt its hunger start to cool down, but then as it grew a protrusion in its front, the hunger hit it again. The tiny organic things from the tunnel were absorbed easily, but it would have to rest for a short while as it digested the remainder of the snake clearly visible within it.

@Bosque: The creature it consumed [http://www.biology-blog.com/images/blogs/orb-weaver-spider-123101.jpg] was a big one. So big, in fact, that it was able to learn how to replicate some of its own body, as well as figure out what the strings were. Knowing did not assist it in freeing itself, but it at least knew how to make more of it. Then again, if it could create it, it was probably organic.

@Arq: Liquid of some kind dripped out of the center of the plant, some of it dripping down the slime's surface. Then it started dribbling up its surface. And across. The slime paid a little more attention, and found that it wasn't entirely streams of dripping liquid. There were countless little pressure points all over it, swarming madly. The things were tiny [http://cisr.ucr.edu/images/red_imported_fire_ant_01.jpg], but there sure were a lot of them.

mcpop9

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2010
After feeling better, Ish dragged itself out of the position it sat in and searched for food.
After some searching, Ish felt something hard, it was organic but not living. upon bumping into it, the thing jerked away. ish found the thing again and traced it back to its base, connected to something that was organic. the slime felt it shaking and wanted to stop its fear or its pain, whatever it had happening to it.

Ish crawled over the entire body, finding that the thing was massive. Ish set to work near where it contacted to organic thing and after a minute or two the shaking stopped and ish consumed 1/16nth of the creature in 10 minutes.

Viirin

Jul 30, 2011
I like the first paragraph a lot, but not the second one. I'm thinking you're bordering on 'god modding' on that one. Remember, you're only about as big as a large fist, and I'm guessing you're describing something like a bear, probably being eaten by something else. Totally not possible to spread that wide, or to eat the whole thing, especially in one go, and definitely not within a short timeframe. I do speed up digestion to 1000% human speed (we can digest a small meal in half an hour, so the slimes do it in 3 minutes) but that much that fast is too much. I must ask you to change it. Maybe 'crawled over as much of the body as it could, eating as fast as possible', or something to that effect?

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
finding that it was going to take some time do digest the creature inside it the slime dragged itself back into the gap in the ground as it waited.

Shanaar

When in doubt, read the manuel
Apr 16, 2009
Arq was enjoying it self. It was getting nice biomass of this organic thing and it started to feel something else. The liquid that was going over it was filled with organic things. Many small organic things.

These many things also hurt it. It didn't like it and it was bigger than them. Leaving the organic thing that hurt alone, Arq concentrated on the small organic things that where hurting him.

Viirin

Jul 30, 2011
Unlocked: fire ant

@Arq: The little things kept biting at it. No matter how many the slime absorbed, it did not seem like it could get rid of them all. The slime started feeling slightly sick.

Dragonhatchling

Sep 12, 2011
Name: Sevak
Bonus DNA: Timber Rattlesnake [http://www.snakesandspiders.com/timber-rattlesnake-facts-and-snake-identification/] but a small one...
Starting location: I'd have to ask forest since that's the only biome (area) I am somewhat comfortable with as far as what could be around
Description: a small, fist-sized clear slime
Equipment: ...

Sidenote: I have absolutely no clue (as of right this moment since I just joined) how to use this forum. So if something doesn't work or seems wrong- please, by all means, point it out to me... I'm a quick learner (I think) so I should be able to fix it... sorry if this doesn't work. Oh, and I won't be on much thanks to school being a pain but I will post when I can.

mcpop9

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2010
Welcome to the forums, i welcome you with a pounce. *pounces* hope you enjoy your stay, we all don't bite. i was nervous for my first rp. Happy enjoyment!

Dragonhatchling

Sep 12, 2011
I've rped before in other forums... they just worked much different than this one... actually, I've played in this specific rp before when it was around. I was sad to see it go... anywho, thanks for the welcome. I'll stop doing this now *apologizes to Viirin* oh and people can call me DH if they want... anything'll do really. My name is kinda annoying to type for some people *apologizes again* note to self: spelling matters in coding...

Khedive Rex

Jun 1, 2008
Is this right? Cause thats awesome.

Bosque struggled once more against the netting holding him in place, to no avail. The spines finished forming around him, and they contorted the weave but did not tear it. Again, bosque turned his attention to the very serious issue of avoiding nets such as these in the future.

And then the world moved backwards a couple inches. Or possibly he moved forward. There was an arch to Bosque he'd never felt before and an issue of balance he'd never considered. It was as though the front of him felt a stronger urge to fall then the rest. And then there was the searing pain. There were holes opening on him! The membrane holding him together sizzled away leaving eight perfect holes and blinding white agony. Bosque struggled harder than he knew he could. Pain mixed with fear as new sensations rushed through his newly exposed form. There were things growing in him. Not out of him! IN HIM!

Another violent shake and Bosque felt himslef falling, he was too startled to care. Little walls erected themselves inside the holes that had burned through him and the white faded and dimmed and blossomed into other colors, so many other colors. Greens mixed with blues mixed with reds in a symphony of something that was certainly not tactile, not any sensation he'd ever known. And quickly it was all giving way to brown, the dark nutty pigments seizing the rest of the wolrd from him.

An impact shook Bosque. He could feel the brown. It was the same thing he'd began on, before those strange limbs sprouted from him and he'd flown into the net. He was on ground. Solid, inorganic, lifeless, meaningless ground. He looked around and saw spires of the brown jutting out of the ground, littered with green. And when he looked up he saw little red feathers
stuck to a little white nest up at the top of the tallest spire. It took a moment to realize they were his, pulled from his wings in the frenzy of change. He wanted them back.

His right wing was hurt, shaking it didn't do as much, but Bosque still parted himself from the brown and moved right into the blue. His new forward protrusion didn't help him balance, but a few barel rolls later he had the basic gist of getting around and he'd even begun to figure out what colors he could pass through and which would stop him. After a minute or two of devoted practise, he'd succeeded in bringing himself unstably before the nest that had caught him. He stared at the feathers for a moment, trying to conclude how best to stick them back into place...

Grew a head and eight eyes in a circular system around it (as is traditional with spiders). The retinas grew before the lenses so at first he had no light filter and it hurt quite a lot, causing Bosque to shake his way out of the web at the cost of a few feathers. Bosque finally developed full sight as he hit the ground. He's now flying up in the tree tops in front of the web he just fell out of, trying to get the feathers back.

Viirin

Jul 30, 2011
Oh my friend I am so glad to have you back! I won't let anyone wreck the game like Dracoon did last time. I also sent out invites to the other players from the first time- at least the ones that followed the rules.

I just figured out what to do with your character :) heh didn't think I could GM rabies. Unlocked: Moss [http://www.coolantarctica.com/gallery2/plants/images/plants_1000_moss.jpg]

@Sevak: The lead scientist arrived at his summer cabin in a drunken daze, falling all over himself and bumping into extremely avoidable things. He finally unlocked the door, but then saw that he didn't close the one remaining truck door. He stumbled back to close it for some pointless reason, and saw his backpack. Tugging on it, it wasn't as empty as he thought it would be. He tugged again, but the straps were tangled in the seat belt, which is probably why it didn't fall out earlier. He yanked on the backpack which he didn't notice wasn't tangled anymore. The force of pulling was great enough with no resistance that he punched himself in the face. In anger, he grabbed the canister from in the backpack, turned around, and threw it into the forest as hard as he could. Away went the slime canister, spinning as it flew straight, before plummeting down the steep hill.

@Bosque: The colors the flying slime saw were fading, and the ambient light was decreasing, only a dingy yellow filter remained to tarnish all the other colors. From its height, it could see a small trail that looked like something had been rolled or dragged a short distance. Paying more attention, there was a similar trail in two opposite directions. Before it had the chance to decide which it might get a better look at, if either, something shined for a split second overhead. Whether the shiny thing was gone because it wasn't there anymore, or because the light in the sky was fading quickly, it didn't know.

@Arq: The small things swarming all over it made it hurt. No matter how many of them it absorbed, it didn't seem to make a difference. Though it was a hundred times the small thing's size, the sheer number of the tiny creatures causing biting it caused the slime to start feeling slightly sick.

@Ish: The huge thing the slime thought it was eating was nowhere near the size it thought, but it was big. It wasn't entirely organic, either, just covered with it. It hadn't even moved! Maybe the confusion from the disease wasn't completely gone yet... Then the slime noticed it had a lump inside it that tasted funny. The slime's surface felt strange, almost as if had been stretched out too far. It had grown, and was now almost twice the size it was previously.

@Wrecker: Something cold and wet touched the slime and woke it up. It wasn't even hungry anymore- and the snake had been absorbed except for the bones, but those were dissolving too. It could absorb pure bone? Even better, the hole in its leg from the bug was healed. A small vibration shook the ground for a second and a light dusting of dirt fell on the slime from the roof of the hole.

Shanaar

When in doubt, read the manuel
Apr 16, 2009
Arq kept trying to absorb the things that hurt, but the just kept coming and know it started to feel weird from al those hurts it was getting. It then did something it never thought it would do. It ran away from the hurting organic things. When it thought it was a safe distance from those things, Arq became a bit confused. It had fled from those things and it still felt weird.

Thinking about how it could avoid those things in the future and don't get hurt in the future, Arq suddenly felt a new sensation and he also felt himself getting hungry from it, but that weird feeling still stayed.

Arq suddenly felt himself grow the things that had hurt it before and it also somehow knew what those other things had done to it. It know knew what it was, but it still couldn't get rid of the weird feeling it had cause to Arq.

Arq has grow the spikes from the golden barrel cactus with the ability to sting things with the venom of fire ants. If it is oke, Arq also has small patch's of green around the spike's giving it the ability for a little photosynthesis.
The gave the cat the GFP gene and this is what they got.

Viirin

Jul 30, 2011
@Arq: The slime was safe. For now, at least. Being away from the ants, it felt something different [http://entomology.unl.edu/images/earwigs/euro_earwigs.jpg]. Something else small, but bigger than the ants were, maybe three times the size. It was pushing against the slime, which had rolled on top of it, and it was trying to get away. The slime also noticed another one that had crawled out from under already, wandering off somewhere.

mcpop9

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2010
Ish dismissed the funny taste and focused on the new thing it had absorbed. with that, it grew a new round and smooth spot on the top its body, and moss grew on top of the spot. Ish felt the moss move abit,turned and found the moss moved to orient itself back to its "favorite" orientation.

Being content with its new baring in the world, ish grew roots from the oak tree it had absorbed, temporarily into the ground in an effort to soak up energy.

Khedive Rex

Jun 1, 2008
Bosque hovered, mostly in one spot. It studied the webbing, and then the trails, and then the webbing. It wanted to go forward, but it wasn't going to leave without its feathers. The web was held between two open branches in the now brownish yellow spire. Bosque moved to alight on top of the high branch. It was organic.

It didn't take much effort to eat through the little arm of the brown spire. And once Bosque had the entire web flopped over and hung from the low branch. Bosque hovered spritely to the low branch when something shined overhead. It was only for a moment, but it was too bright to have been a mistake. And at that height it was something flying. Just like Bosque. He really wanted to know what this creature may have been.

He worked the low needles on his back into the webbing now suspended and then sat and ate through the last tree branch. The webbing was free and held by his needles. He had his feathers back. And once this most important task was done he set off flying as high as he could searching for one more spark of light somewhere on the horizon. Its true, the net suspended behind and below him disturbed his aerodynamics, but he wasn't about to leave it behind. And thats when something made a light impact into the center of the net, and began to struggle just as Bosque had not too long ago.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
the slime distrubed by the shacking the slime reached out with a single limb and started feeling above the hole hoping to find out what disturbed it.

Dragonhatchling

Sep 12, 2011
Sevak had been idily sitting in the canister before everything started to shake. The slime had been tossed around multiple times before it stopped. The stop was extremely breif, and before anything else could make sense, Sevak seemed to be hitting the canister in different spots though no movement came from the slime.
What seemed like ages was really only moments. Glass broke as the canister containing Sevak slammed into a sharpened side of a rock. The slime stayed still for a long while, dizzy from the continuos slams against the walls. Eventually it slowly inched forward, expecting to be slamming walls again. Nothing. No hard surface. Another inch, still nothing. New sensations were coming through though. There was a hard surface under the slime, mixed with shards of glass. With a few more inches, there was literally no feeling until a jarring hard registered again. But something new was here too, something just slightly softer.
Sevak moved forward again, taking larger pushes. No feeling of nothing. Rough was now felt. Rough and hard. Something brushed against the slime but it was easily knocked over. Pushing forward in the direction of the object revealed it was now not an obstacle. The slime continued in this direction, feeling as if it was being pushed even more forward before starting to get dizzy again very quickly.

At first Sevak's feeling of hard was the rock. With those few more inches, the slime ended up falling off the edge of said rock and landed on part of the hill. What brushed into the slime was a leaf but that leaf lead down the hill instead of across, which was the original path. The feeling of being forward even more was Sevak coming to a steeper part of the hill. The dizziness was now caused by the slime loosing balance and rolling down the hill more.

Viirin

Jul 30, 2011
@Bosque: The impact of the creature was noticeable, but not enough to bring the flying slime to the ground. The slime could notice that its slimey surface was nowhere near as good at checking its surroundings as its eyes were. Luckily, it grew its eyes in a way that let it see part of its back, and got a good look [http://www.aphotofauna.com/images/moths/moth_chloroclysta_truncata_common_marbled_carpet_24-05-10.jpg] at what caught itself in the web.

@Wrecker: Nothing was there. However, the slime did notice that there was an impression near the hole's mouth that wasn't there earlier. Something [https://www.facebook.com/243704349049339/photos/pb.243704349049339.-2207520000.1424691701./682542121832224/?type=3&theater] moved in the hole's tunnel close to the front. Something small and wiggling that was just as soft as itself, but much thinner. Whatever the thing was, it was moving out of the ground that got wet, moving away from the small amount of water.

@Sevak: The slime landed on something. The slime almost felt bent in half, something in the middle of itself kept the whole slime from touching the ground. Whatever it was [http://kaweahoaks.com/html/praying_mantis_green01.jpg], it was almost half the slime's own size. Nearly the moment the slime landed on it, it started to move and try and get away.

Dragonhatchling

Sep 12, 2011
Sevak felt the thing under it squirm. Due to the dizziness, the slime somewhat fell off, having latched onto a section of the moving object for fear of falling into an abyss of nothing again. This caused both slime and bug to fall the short way to the ground. The bug still squirmed but the slime wasn't sure if it should let go. For all Sevak knew, there could be 'nothing' if it took another step. But the slime started to enclose around the squirming object, the instinct of investigating taking over fear. Sevak didn't take very long to enclose the squirming creature until it stopped, though the slime could feel that all of it was not yet surrounded. At least the squirming stopped. Sevak didn't waste anymore time though, wanting to make sure this squirming thing wouldn't drag it off somewhere and start moving again. It's instinct took over again and the slime started to absorb the creature, though the creature started to struggle in order to break free of the slimy casing wrapped around it.
Sevak didn't allow this, closing around the rest of the creature to finally make it stop. The squirming did subside after the slime had finished, though it felt odd now. There was ground under where the squirming creature had been. No 'nothing' after all. It wouldn't take chances though and stayed right where it was until it knew nothing else odd was going to push it and make it dizzy.

Viirin

Jul 30, 2011
Unlocked: Praying mantis
Not that I'm complaining, but you're not gonna get in more trouble by using the computer to game with us while you're still grounded, right?
I know, right? Cats genetically engineered to be immune to HIV glow in the dark? I want that gene so I can glow too, yo. Plus imagine the possibilities in 'adult entertainment'. Okay enough of that.

@Ish: It took awhile, but the slime's root-like toes finally began to absorb a small amount of energy from nutrients in the soil. The earth was not wet, but was not dry either. This balance made the dirt easy to dig into, and contained very few solid inorganic shapes.

@Sevak: The slime waited, and finally something moved. It seemed the air itself was moving gently, and something nearby and organic moved the same way, gently but uncomfortably touching the slime. The organic thing was soft, and didn't seem to be a solid shape [http://www.hd-fractals.com/images/fern-leaf-web.jpg]. The air itself felt somewhat cool and almost moist. Tiny amounts of various organics were within the moving air, but not enough to recognize what any of it was.