Baby Names.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I'd like to name my daughter Becky, but then people would constantly ask her to inspect women's posteriors.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Colour Scientist said:
Fox12 said:
Keira and kara to sound unique.
Kiera/Ciara and Kara are pretty common names here so just don't move to Ireland and you'll be alright. XD
Why are you damn Irish so good at naming things? Common American names are so boring > : (

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
If I had a boy, I would name him Harry, not after Harry Potter, but after Harry Hart, (if my avatar didn't make that sort of obvious) or Miles, after Miles Edgeworth. Or y'know just have him named Harry Miles (insert surname)

If I had a girl, I would want to name her Mia or Lucia. I don't know what I would give as her first name and her middle name.

However, I am not a particularly maternal creature, so children are not in my immediate future at least.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Reminds me of a time back i n Highschool, I was skipping class at the local library and reading a book on names for baby girls...
Dorcas. Dorcas is a name for girls apparently. And that is marvelous.

In seriousness though, There is a name I want to bring back, Wolfgang. Seriously, there is not enough people named Wolfgang. My son will be named Wolfgang.

Armadox

Mandatory Madness!
Aug 31, 2010
With my child on the way September something.. We've settled on Evelyn Gertrude Gadget [redacted] if it is a girl, and Hygar Alexander [redacted] if it is a boy..

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
If I had my way, I would name my future son and daughter Castiel Marvin and Anna Naomi, respectfully, references to characters of my favorite show Supernatural.

Oct 2, 2012
Oh Colour, you're so nosy! :p

I've always liked the names Penelope, Victoria, Hannah, and Jasmine, so if I have a girl I'd give her one of those names. Possibly two of them if I give her a middle name.
For a boy I was thinking Alexander, Julius, Marcus, or Bob.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Girls: Sarah, Catherine, Leah, Hannah
Boys: Michael, Aidan, Nathan, Alan

I could never name a kid after a fictional character. No Tyrion or Daenerys in this house. I'd name a dog that way, but never a person.

I dislike gender neutral names: Leslie, Riley, etc.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I am of the mindset that children are not your vanity plates, they are your responsibility. If I were to choose a name based on an interest, it would be something pretty standard, such as Sophie from Howl's Movng Castle, Sarah Jane or Amelia from Doctor Who, that sort of thing. Otherwise normal names whic happen to be shared by awesome characters in some fictional story--and spelled in a normal way.

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
I'm not planning to have biological children, so I'm guessing I'll likely adopt kids likely already with names if ever I get around to taking care of another human being (let alone myself), but I guess I can play. I've made entire lists of first names to use for RPGs after all. I unfortunately don't have that list with me and will instead just go with first names that go well with my last name.

Girl Names: Catherine, Martina, Emily, Andrea, Chelsea, Abigail, Katrina, Susan/Susanna, Ellen, Margaret

Boy Names: Silver, Bastion, Douglass, Arthur, Frederick, Malcolm, Martin, Samuel, Bradley, Oliver

Either/Both/Other: Cecil, Aubrey

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
If it's a boy i'm definately naming it Thor. ( yes i said "it" i don't consider children people)
If it's a girl i'm naming it Storm. ( yes i know that's not her real name)

That being said i don't want or like kids so this is purely hypothetical.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
http://thingsboganslike.com/a-bogue-by-any-other-name/

Yeah, some "good" stuff there. OTOH, some of it is just foreign names that sound strange to people.

My favourite is "Emily", spelt "MLE", though that could refer to the Magazine, Lee Enfield rifle, which was called the MLE/Emily.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Colour Scientist said:
I know that no baby name can ever rival that kid named Tali'Zorah
The amount of rage that name caused was stupid. Not backing down from that position XD

Daystar Clarion said:
*cough*

:p

OT: Every time I find a name that I like, I almost always end up moving away from it later. My stock go to names for Boys are Ronan, Aeneas, Marcus, Claudius, Achilles, Menelaus, Ajax, John (although the commonness of it makes me cringe), Mark, Luke, Noah, Ulysses, and Aidan. I'll let you decide which ones I like for middle names and which for first names. Choose carefully, because it will determine whether you think I'm insane or just creative.

For girls I like Kiera, Mialla, Julia, Tali (not related to the game), Talia, Camille (the French pronunciation), Camilla (the latin pronunciation), and Rachael.

Also, Funny story about the name charlotte. My Grandmother is the least grandmotherly person you could imagine. She kind of petty and gets all pissy and complains a lot. Most of my family just avoids her or ignores it to avoid conflict over dumb things, but she can be pretty bitchy. When I was little and didn't know any better, She was in a huff and I was an exasperated 3 year old being annoyed by her, so I pretty bluntly and with annoyance in my voice was just like "Sit down Charlotte!"

Her name is Shirley actually which makes it funnier. I couldn't remember it. XD