Bad guys really do get the most girls.

xAnarchysAngelx

May 22, 2010
quiet_samurai said:
xAnarchysAngelx said:
quiet_samurai said:
It's becasue a "bad boy" is the epitome of confidence, control, and independance. Which is a very ALpha Male list of traits. Not only that, but someone who is a little dangerous is exciting... as long as it isn't hazardously life threatening women will want to be with them beacuse excitement is seductive.

Also, women are used to getting what they want from most men because the vagina entitles them... a bad boy will say no or put himself first, and that is a huge attraction because it shows them that this guy IS his own person and doesn't NEED her to get along in life. Sounds dumb... yeah... it really is, and as a guy you can't tell what a woman thinks most of the time... as a matter of fact most women don't even know what they are thinking alot of the time. Mysterious creatures they are......
Yeah, Thats about it.
And we do to know what we're thinking.
Oh? Well then, you're just a shining bastion of uniqueness among a sea of indescision that most women find themselves in. Or you're fibbing....

So you're saying you have never ever said or done something which was the complete opposite of what you really wanted to do or say as far as relationships/dating go?
Well...
I guess, I mean we may say one thing and do another, but we do know what were are thinking, or at least I know what I am thinking...most of the time

MURPHYCHACHO

Oct 28, 2008
Monkfish Acc. said:
I counter with this [http://www.heartless-bitches.com/rants/niceguys/niceguys.shtml].
Heartless Bitches needs to be quoted a lot more in these kinds of arguments.

You know why us girls sometimes date assholes? Because said assholes actually showed interest in us and asked us out instead of offering us friendship under false pretenses and gazing at us from afar while expecting us to magically realize we're meant to be together.

To the sweet nerdy guys of the world, I cry: "Just ask me out already! It won't kill you if I say no!"

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
xAnarchysAngelx said:
quiet_samurai said:
xAnarchysAngelx said:
quiet_samurai said:
It's becasue a "bad boy" is the epitome of confidence, control, and independance. Which is a very ALpha Male list of traits. Not only that, but someone who is a little dangerous is exciting... as long as it isn't hazardously life threatening women will want to be with them beacuse excitement is seductive.

Also, women are used to getting what they want from most men because the vagina entitles them... a bad boy will say no or put himself first, and that is a huge attraction because it shows them that this guy IS his own person and doesn't NEED her to get along in life. Sounds dumb... yeah... it really is, and as a guy you can't tell what a woman thinks most of the time... as a matter of fact most women don't even know what they are thinking alot of the time. Mysterious creatures they are......
Yeah, Thats about it.
Oh? Well then, you're just a shining bastion of uniqueness among a sea of indescision that most women find themselves in. Or you're fibbing....

So you're saying you have never ever said or done something which was the complete opposite of what you really wanted to do or say as far as relationships/dating go?
Well...
I guess, I mean we may say one thing and do another, but we do know what were are thinking, or at least I know what I am thinking...most of the time
Exactly... and why do you do that? I'm pretty sure it's because.....

You don't know... you just do. But don't feel bad about it, I find the female brain rather fascinating because of this very fact.

afaceforradio

Jul 29, 2009
I think, to add to what I said before, I don't go for arseholes, but a 'nice guy' may not be enough for me in the future: the last guy I dated LITERALLY used to turn and face me if we were sitting on the sofa (literally facing me, looking at the side of my head because I used to just try and watch the telly), with one hand on my shoulder, and the other one just touching my hand, my face, my hair, my arm, my leg... it was like he was petting a kitten or something and he just would not leave me alone.

I like cuddles, but every two minutes he had to keep patting my shoulder, my hand, etc - I asked him why once and he said that he felt he had to or I'd feel neglected, despite me telling him to actually 'stop it' more than once.

He also said to me that he was always worried I'd dump him, and you could practically smell his jealousy if I so much as ordered a drink from a good looking barman.

And just like that Heartless Bitches article, he used to stare at me. Whether I was talking or not. It was weird.

Maybe all this sort of stuff IS why women go for 'bad boys'?

AceAngel

May 12, 2010
Ironic Pirate said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
I counter with this [http://www.heartless-bitches.com/rants/niceguys/niceguys.shtml].
Fuck, I'm horribly insecure.

Damn it, my chances are like 10% now.
You avatar would say like to say otherwise!

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
MURPHYCHACHO said:
Monkfish Acc. said:

You know why us girls sometimes date assholes? Because said assholes actually showed interest in us and asked us out instead of offering us friendship under false pretenses and gazing at us from afar while expecting us to magically realize we're meant to be together.

To the sweet nerdy guys of the world, I cry: "Just ask me out already! It won't kill you if I say no!"
Exactly the point I argued in that thread about people breaking up or asking someone out on face book that's being talked about right now.

Edit: Actually here
quiet_samurai said:
I think people who do this are Grad-A Wuss material. I asked a girl out from my work the other day, we used to work the same schedules and recently I moved to a much earlier shift. I actually made a trip to work on my free time hours after I already left to do so in person. Doing something like this, whether it's to begin or end a relationship, in a face to face conversation says alot about a person.

She said no by the way. Well, she said "yes but only as friends" And I feel no differently about her or myself after the fact. She even said she liked that I did it in person and not facebook.

xAnarchysAngelx

May 22, 2010
quiet_samurai said:
xAnarchysAngelx said:
quiet_samurai said:
xAnarchysAngelx said:
quiet_samurai said:

Yeah, Thats about it.

Well...
Exactly... and why do you do that? I'm pretty sure it's because.....

You don't know... you just do. But don't feel bad about it, I find the female brain rather fascinating because of this very fact.
GRRR
But I guess your right. I never thought about it to much.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
What's sad, is that there is no such thing as a "secure" male. We just have different ways of hiding it.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Monkfish Acc. said:
:eek:
=[
*donates to sperm bank*
*commits suicide*

Tzekelkan

Dec 27, 2009
Ironic Pirate said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
Fuck, I'm horribly insecure.

Damn it, my chances are like 10% now.

... you're doing it wrong!

Also, why are they wasting money on this? I understand the need for scientific proof to evolutionary biology facts, but really? There's so much more awesome stuff to be researched, like robots and lasers!

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
Well the bad boys may get the girl but it's highly unlikely that he will be with her for very long. Nice guys do finish last, but at least they keep the girl. So yeah nice guys have the last laugh.

Bad boys finish first, with sex that is, but not much farther then that. It may take a little longer, but nice guys can get the girl experience sex, and get married
Legion IV said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
Touche my friend touche. i dont know how to respond to that besides. nice coiunter.
I have to agree with this. There are some things in this article that point directly to me. This article points only towards the very ends of the bad guy nice guy line. Many guys have mixed treats of bad and nice boys. I can treat girls like a gem and still have an open mind on how I should behave. Plus, I do have a friend whom I care for deeply and she has a mental disorder. She was my gf in a way, but I realize that we may not be together, and I have accepted that reality.
I've learned in the past that obsession over a girl is a baaad thing as well. Well the girl was a ***** anyways, but my obsession got in the way so it made things worse.

Anyways I Wonder if it's a good idea to sit back and just be friends for a while with the girl, or jump right into the relationship.

zhoominator

Jan 30, 2010
Funnily enough, I find most of the people who call themselves "nice guys" are jerks, and often creepy and manipulative ones at that.

I may be a shy, over-opinionated arsehole, but I don't pretend I'm some sweet guy who's making friends with a girl merely in the hope I'll get into her pants.

Suprisingly enough, I'm still single :D.

the Dept of Science

Nov 9, 2009
It's because generally "bad boys" are confident and have some degree of social dominance. Its possible to have these things and be a nice guy (and get lots of girls). On the other hand, lots of "nice guys" are submissive "yes men" (not the good Jim Carrey/Danny Wallace kind), who can come across as very boring.

In other words, there is a good way to be nice, and a bad way to be nice.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
MURPHYCHACHO said:
Monkfish Acc. said:

That is probably the best bit of advice anyone has ever given. Granted, you're probably not intending the first part to be advice, but it makes sense to me and makes my current situation a bit easier to understand. So thank you.

As for the second part, no it won't kill us, but it has a way of making us feel more inferior than we already do. (Sometimes I feel inferior, but not always. It's a rare occurence)

Seizurebleak

May 16, 2010
Seems the article just confirms that 'bad guys' have a lot more one night stands. Doesn't speak for quality relationships or anything like that.

Admittedly, I'm not much of a ladies man but I have learned a few things. Confidence is often a major issue and like Monkfish's article points out, lack of it is a HUGE turn off. There's quite a difference between being a "nice guy" and being a "pushover". If she wanted a puppy dog to follow her around, she'd buy one. If she wants a relationship, she'll go for an independent person to share her time with. Stay true to yourself and be a nice guy, treat her with the respect she deserves, but if you're living on a steady diet of her boot polish expect that boot to kick you out the door shortly.

One thing I hate seeing is seemingly "nice guys" who have trouble with dating demonizing women in general for being stupid and making poor choices. This attitude does NOT HELP YOU MEET GIRLS. If you treat someone like an enemy, expect them to become your enemy. Look in the mirror and ask yourself what YOU'RE doing to improve the situation. Please don't make the rest of us look like misogynistic psychos because you have problems with women.

Edit: In the interests of not being discriminatory, you can substitute "she" with "she or he" if you'd like. I know pretty much 0 about meeting guys though, so I have no idea if it goes the same way.

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
khaimera said:
They do, but think about the quality of the girls they are getting.
Very nicely put. :eek:)

Dark triad traits are a turn-off for me anyway. Slimy bastards can get bent.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
khaimera said:
They do, but think about the quality of the girls they are getting.
BOOM! What he said!
Seriously.

I would rather be with the nice responsible girl than the slutty wild girl any day.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
Monkfish Acc. said:
Well, that article described me quite well. Now I'm depressed.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
afaceforradio said:
I think, to add to what I said before, I don't go for arseholes, but a 'nice guy' may not be enough for me in the future: the last guy I dated LITERALLY used to turn and face me if we were sitting on the sofa (literally facing me, looking at the side of my head because I used to just try and watch the telly), with one hand on my shoulder, and the other one just touching my hand, my face, my hair, my arm, my leg... it was like he was petting a kitten or something and he just would not leave me alone.

I like cuddles, but every two minutes he had to keep patting my shoulder, my hand, etc - I asked him why once and he said that he felt he had to or I'd feel neglected, despite me telling him to actually 'stop it' more than once.

He also said to me that he was always worried I'd dump him, and you could practically smell his jealousy if I so much as ordered a drink from a good looking barman.

And just like that Heartless Bitches article, he used to stare at me. Whether I was talking or not. It was weird.

Maybe all this sort of stuff IS why women go for 'bad boys'?
Yuck, that whole story was cringe worthy. He sounds like a terrible boyfriend despite tryign his hardest. You just need someone in between the two extremes of dick head badass and total wimp with no self-esteem. They are out there, just harder to find.

/cheesy and worthless advice