Bad News for the Gears of War Movie

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
i bet they are gonna drop uwe bold on it now >:D

PedroSteckecilo said:
Cheer up Gears fans,

If Prince of Persia does well this summer they MIGHT decide that a big budget blockbuster is the way to go instead.
good cheer :D and good point :D

bassmcqueen

Mar 2, 2010
It really depends how much of the budget they cut; you can still make a half decent low budget movie (Pitch Black) but since this movie was going to need decent CGI for a lot of it a low budget is really going to kill the special f/x

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Let's hope that Jordan Mechner and the Pirates of the Carribean crew show us that it is possible to make a good video game film this summer!

The Critic

Apr 3, 2010
JEBWrench said:
Makes sense. Why spend that much money on a film adaptation of a game?

Game stories do not make good movie stories.
I've always been inclined to believe that video game stories might be better-suited to TV shows or a miniseries. But, I could just be delusional and indulging in some wishful thinking.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
"the story has also been reduced in scope and will now be "a more simple, straight-ahead invasion story."

So...its the Gears of War story then?

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
sinclose said:
ToonLink said:
Please for the love of god Hollywood, PLEASE make a Mirror's Edge movie!
Oh, you want them to massacre that game too?
I wouldnt care if it was a straight to dvd movie, i'd buy it and love it just like i love the game. ^_^

X3heartless

Jul 29, 2008
Maybe they should cancel the movie.I see the headline already "Great News for the publics eye and ears"

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
sinclose said:
wooty said:
"the story has also been reduced in scope and will now be "a more simple, straight-ahead invasion story."

So...its the Gears of War story then?
Actually the game has got a pretty dumb plot, but its impressively meaty in the books and comics.
Never knew that, but makes you wonder though, are they just using the game plot or mixing in elements from the books too. Would make a better movie if they did

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Hopefully the Gears Of War movie will not be made. Video Game films are never that good and I don't see a GoW movie being an exception. It seems like they are even changing the story to it as well. That is the first sign a book based off a movie or video game will be bad when they make alterations to the story.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
After reading the news article, I think that nothing good can come of it. Probably be the same quality and get similar recognition that Doom got when it was released