BAIT Makes You Run From Monsters in Real Life

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
neoontime said:
Hmm, useful, especially since I sometimes think I'm being chased by monsters anyway.
I'll wait until about twilight then put this on and run.

Snow Fire

Fluffy Neko Kemono
Jan 19, 2009
daemon37 said:
Question: How many people playing this game are gonna get picked up by the cops?

Cop, "Where's the fire son?"
Kid, "Oh, I'm just running from radioactive monsters."
[awkward pause]
Cop, "You have the right to remain silent..."
Alternate ending:

[awkward pause]
Cop, "How would you like a free trip to the Happy Farm?"
Kid, "Really, awesome, when can I go?"
Cop, "Right now, just get in the back seat of my car, oh, and don't forget to put these handc... uh.., shiny wristbands on."
Kid, "Oh boy, I'm ready to go!"
Cop, "Great, off to the Happy Farm we go."

Sorry, I couldn't help it. :(

copycatalyst

Nov 10, 2009
This would really work on me to keep me running once I boot it up. Not sure if the appeal would hold for too many runs though.

Lordtommy

Apr 26, 2009
This looks awesome, I would totally use it if they made it for real. And if your workout seems boring, then you are doing something wrong... a workout needs to be dynamic and invigorating, or else it's just a routine.

dthree

Hey!
Jun 13, 2008
Reminds me a bit of a demo I saw at NextFest 2006 which is now an iPhone app.

http://play.mobzombies.com/

zana bonanza

Oct 22, 2009
Oh god, my imagination would get the better of me and I'd be screaming bloody murder down the street.

But hell, maybe that's what I need. Running for your life is the best exercise you can get, right?

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
I'd use this as an excuse to get in shape... probably go ahead and learn parkour like I've wanted too while I'm at it. Too bad i don't have a phone able to run this.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
Well i think this is a good idea. now add some graphics to it for the menu and a few other dodads.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
daemon37 said:
Question: How many people playing this game are gonna get picked up by the cops?

[awkward pause]
I'm just wondering where you live that cops stop people for just running. Heck, if athletic people were arrested for running, the jails would be full of millions upon millions of people that run daily.

-------------

Hmm, this would be interesting, if I had technology to support it.

FortheLegion

Dec 16, 2008
Blue_vision said:
Xzi said:
Do want. Way to add to the excitement of a normal workout routine.
I feel like this is more of a gym treadmill kind of thing though. It might be a bit awkward running full pelt down a public street trying to get away from monsters. That's what Parkour's for :p

But I NEED THIS NOW!!! Really, whoever thought this up deserves a medal or two.
I don't think it would work on a treadmill. It uses GPS to determine your speed.

you could beat the game by playing it on a bike :D

edit: Or a car!

daemon37

Oct 14, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
daemon37 said:

[awkward pause]
I'm just wondering where you live that cops stop people for just running. Heck, if athletic people were arrested for running, the jails would be full of millions upon millions of people that run daily.

-------------

Theres a big difference between running for excercise and running away from something. People tend to get suspicious, hence the situation I presented.

The Salty Vulcan

Jun 28, 2009
You know what would make this game all the more cooler. If you could switch the scenarios it presents. After you gain enough points, you could unlock things like "Zombie Apocalypse", "Godzilla Attack" or "Manhunt Mode". That would be sweet! Get all the sound effects in there. An epic score. Yeah. That be awesome.

JS ibanez

Jan 12, 2010
This would make my parkour sessions just a little bit more exciting :p Really like this concept

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
daemon37 said:
Sonic Doctor said:
daemon37 said:

[awkward pause]

-------------

Theres a big difference between running for excercise and running away from something. People tend to get suspicious, hence the situation I presented.
My point I give to answer is, the person running with this BAIT thing on their phone or whatever, will have earphones in, so it will just look like someone out for a run listening to music.

daemon37

Oct 14, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
daemon37 said:
My point I give to answer is, the person running with this BAIT thing on their phone or whatever, will have earphones in, so it will just look like someone out for a run listening to music.
Running:
Running (chased):