Baldur's Gate Countdown Begins Again

SimpleReally

Feb 4, 2008
Am I the only one skeptical about this?

ITS EA NOW GUYS THE COMPANY YOU ONCE LOVED IS DEAD!

My guess is they will add some thief NPC and a couple of dungeons with some overpowered items and call it a day.

Alcaste

Mar 2, 2011
SimpleReally said:
Am I the only one skeptical about this?

ITS EA NOW GUYS THE COMPANY YOU ONCE LOVED IS DEAD!

My guess is they will add some thief NPC and a couple of dungeons with some overpowered items and call it a day.
Huh? When did EA get a hold of the company in charge of the remake? Got a link?

EDIT: According to Wikipedia at least, it's still Overhaul Games, Atari, and Beamdog.

Diana Kingston-Gabai

Aug 3, 2010
Yosharian said:
Only one slight problem, all the female characters are magic users!
Jaheira and Mazzy can both do well as front-line fighters (with the right equipment), and if you use the BGT mod you can dual Imoen into any class you want, not just Wizard. :)

Diana Kingston-Gabai

Aug 3, 2010
Alcaste said:
There are three portraits that are definitely not in the original game, and I've highlighted 'em for us. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50300736/blow%20your%20mind.jpg

I think the first one might be a remade Jaheira, since I can't find her anywhere there.
There seems to be a fourth new face as well, down and right from the orc - I can just about make out a bald Asian man... could that be Balthazar from ToB?

Alcaste

Mar 2, 2011
Diana Kingston-Gabai said:
Alcaste said:
There are three portraits that are definitely not in the original game, and I've highlighted 'em for us. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50300736/blow%20your%20mind.jpg

I think the first one might be a remade Jaheira, since I can't find her anywhere there.
There seems to be a fourth new face as well, down and right from the orc - I can just about make out a bald Asian man... could that be Balthazar from ToB?
That one is a default portrait in the game, though I don't think it matches any of the characters you can recruit it is definitely one that you can pick for the PC. Since he wasn't actually a character its tough to find a picture of him

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Well, that's slightly underwhelming now that I've gone through the new info...nothing to make me pre-order...still keeping an eye on it, of course, waiting for community feedback...

Alcaste

Mar 2, 2011
Definitely going to get it, and it looks like we've got some of our mystery faces solved - Including the series' first NPC monk. That's pretty neat.

I'm looking forward to it. Any excuse to get BG with working multiplayer is fine by me.