Baldur's Gate Countdown Begins Again

cidbahamut

Mar 1, 2010
nikki191 said:
im still scratching my head how there could possibly be a baldurs gate 3.. the end of throne of bhaal wrapped things up nicely
Tell me about it. It was an excellent wrap up to a fantastic journey.

I don't want a Baldur's Gate 3.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
nikki191 said:
im still scratching my head how there could possibly be a baldurs gate 3.. the end of throne of bhaal wrapped things up nicely
Probably the same way there was going to be one before. Just attach the name to it but have it be completely unrelated. Or maybe it's just going to be something else new and it's gathering the party again for another adventure. I don't know.

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
Baldur's Gate 3: Minsc and Boo Stand Ready

You know you want it.

As long a it doesn't use 4th edition...

Diana Kingston-Gabai

Aug 3, 2010
Susurrus said:
The first three portraits you mention are new, whilst the other two are pre-existing. The one on the right of those two is I believe the portrait for Ajantis, a Paladin you encounter on the road to Baldur's Gate itself.
I went back and checked - this is Ajantis:

But you're right, the other two are pre-existing portraits for the main character. Not sure why they're up on the website, though...

Diana Kingston-Gabai

Aug 3, 2010
Yosharian said:
I'm hoping that there will be some non-magic characters added to the game. I pretty much only have one idea left for a playthrough, and that's an entirely non-magic party. Yep, should be interesting trying to defeat Kangaxx!
Assuming you mean a Good party, I'm guessing the best people for the job would be Keldorn and Valygar on offense, with Mazzy and Minsc providing ranged support... :)

AldUK

Oct 29, 2010
Diana Kingston-Gabai said:
Yosharian said:
I'm hoping that there will be some non-magic characters added to the game. I pretty much only have one idea left for a playthrough, and that's an entirely non-magic party. Yep, should be interesting trying to defeat Kangaxx!
Assuming you mean a Good party, I'm guessing the best people for the job would be Keldorn and Valygar on offense, with Mazzy and Minsc providing ranged support... :)
Ranged support?! Minsc?!

Good luck telling him that's his role...

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
Well we all know that when the countdown reaches zero the site will crash for half a day as it did last time. So we probably wont find out until Friday.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Never got the appeal. I barely completed the first dungeon and was bored to tears. Planescape, now that's magic, baby!

Susurrus

Nov 7, 2008
Icehearted said:
Never got the appeal. I barely completed the first dungeon and was bored to tears. Planescape, now that's magic, baby!
What a strange person you are. Don't get me wrong, Planescape is my favorite game of all time, but Planescape's beginning is a LOT slower than Baldur's Gate's...

Susurrus

Nov 7, 2008
Depends how you define magic, surely? Jaheira is a druid (Viconia a cleric), so that's not conventional magic. Mazzy isn't, unless you count paladin spells.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
As long as someone makes a mana base mod for it I am game. Well..that and a INF ammo mod for basic ammo..... >> man it got tedious at times... LOL

Haagrum

May 3, 2010
Yosharian said:
Haagrum said:
Solo him with Protection From Magic Scroll plus Improved Mace of Disruption?
The mods/unofficial patches I play with don't allow this type of cheese
I wouldn't call it cheese - or at least, not when you're dealing with...

...an Imprisonment-spamming boss without any magical support. It's certainly not on the same level as a lot of other strategies for dealing with Kangaxx, all of which require knowledge your character couldn't possibly possess, and you have to burn one of the most valuable resources in the game to do it.

Then again, if you're using the Tactics mod or something similar, most boss fights get pretty hard even with cheese. Unless you decide to use the Project Image or Wish loop exploits, which are about as illegitimate as it gets, and which I'm assuming you don't (a decision which I'd applaud, FWIW).

zacattack14

Apr 3, 2010
I'm callin it now, all the BG fans are going to buy this game, then ***** and moan about how it isn't true to the original because the D&D mechanics aren't just right. This followed by how all the new content was bad because they tried to modernize it.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Susurrus said:
Icehearted said:
What a strange person you are. Don't get me wrong, Planescape is my favorite game of all time, but Planescape's beginning is a LOT slower than Baldur's Gate's...
May have been the unusual theme, Sigil is a place of immense wonder, even in the crypt. The whole thing was just really strange, but really alluring.

Alcaste

Mar 2, 2011
There are three portraits that are definitely not in the original game, and I've highlighted 'em for us. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50300736/blow%20your%20mind.jpg

I think the first one might be a remade Jaheira, since I can't find her anywhere there.