Band you think should have been huge?

Woem

May 28, 2009
APPCRASH said:
You say this now, but when they do get popular, you say they "sell out." I know you've said it once before! We all have.
That is exactly what happened when Metallica made their first music video to be shown on MTV. James said that fans were spitting in his face screaming "you sold out, man".

Horizontalvertigo

Apr 2, 2008
They're new players, but they deserve a lot more attention than they've gotten. The band? Dananananaykroyd! no shit, check them out.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
The Flobots music as a whole should've gotten more exposure. Handlebars got an ungodly amount of play and it's probably their single weakest song!

Watch this and ATTEMPT to tell me it's not super-beastly:

Nemorov

May 20, 2009
<a href=http://www.leotheband.net>Leo

or

<a href=http://www.tallyhall.com>Tally Hall

Both great bands.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Sparks.

I know they're somewhat big in Europe, but, I live in the states and only about 3 people know of them.

Sigel

Jul 6, 2009
I would have to say the Gorillaz. Their music is amazing, original, and can be very deep. No-one knows who I am talking about though when I speak of their greatness. :(

Edit-Almost forgot. the Weakerthans should be way more famous.

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
Sigel said:
I would have to say the Gorillaz. Their music is amazing, original, and can be very deep. No-one knows who I am talking about though when I speak of their greatness. :(

Doesn't everyone know the Gorillaz? :S

I always considered them pretty huge, rightly so though.

I think John Mayer should be bigger in the UK, such a damn good guitarist.

Sigel

Jul 6, 2009
mikecoulter said:
Sigel said:

Doesn't everyone know the Gorillaz? :S

I always considered them pretty huge, rightly so though.

I think John Mayer should be bigger in the UK, such a damn good guitarist.
I live in Florida. :( Gorillaz not so big here or at least that is just my impression. I always get a blank stare when I mention them. "sigh"

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
Sigel said:
I live in Florida. :( Gorillaz not so big here or at least that is just my impression. I always get a blank stare when I mention them. "sigh"
Well what are you waiting for? Get out there and educate people!

trelloskilos

Mar 11, 2009
Bumblefoot, the new guitarist for Axl Rose's doomed G'n'R lineup, was producing some brilliant tunes. Now he's been recruited by GnR, he's nothing more than a puppet, doing a bit of Buckethead showboating only at Axl's bequest. - He should leave GnR & focus on what he was doing before....making absolute kick-ass genre-defying music!

Second nomination is a local band called 'The Fellowship' that plays in a pub close to me every thursday night. The band is undescribably awesome. They are all session musicians, some are frequent columnists in music magazines, one of them, Guthrie Govan, is considered a 'Guitar Hero's guitar hero, and is recognised by some of the most famous guitarists in the world. - The band play some jaw-dropping jazz-funk fusion, and most depressingly, they just do it for a laugh & a bit of beer money.

Sigel

Jul 6, 2009
mikecoulter said:
Sigel said:
Well what are you waiting for? Get out there and educate people!
Oh I do. I had to stop loaning out my CDs though, because I never get them back.