Bands That People Wouldn't Expect You To Listen to

Bucket0Bones

Feb 19, 2009
My music tastes are pretty eclectic but metal is my favourite genre. I even dress like a metalhead, so people are surprised at my love of electronic music, especially all the minimal techno i listen to.

Ricardo Villalobos, Trentemøller and Gui Boratto in particular have caught peoples eyes.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
Jatyu said:
Most people don't expect me to listen to my music, because they don't know it exists...

But my list:
Kirby Krackle
YTCracker
MC Lars
Protomen
The Megas
Anamanaguchi
Devo Spice
MC Frontalot
Insane Ian
George Hrab
MC Chris
Schaffer the Darklord
I Fight Dragons
ZeaLouS1

...And thats all I can remeber off the top of my head.

Cookies for anyone who knows 5+ of these guys.
Seeing as how you really like nerdcore hip hop (Schaffer, mc chris, MC Frontalot, MC Lars) and you like the Protomen you should check out Random. He's a hip hop artist who made two Mega Man themed albums called "Mega Ran" and "Mega Ran 9". He also put out an album this year entitled "Black Materia" which is a Final Fantasy VII themed album.

Jatyu

Insane Faceless Stranger
Sep 1, 2010
LoathsomePete said:
Seeing as how you really like nerdcore hip hop (Schaffer, mc chris, MC Frontalot, MC Lars) and you like the Protomen you should check out Random. He's a hip hop artist who made two Mega Man themed albums called "Mega Ran" and "Mega Ran 9". He also put out an album this year entitled "Black Materia" which is a Final Fantasy VII themed album.
Doh! How could I forget Random. He's really good. I bought Black Materia on release day too.
Incidently, if you like nerdcore, you should check out the Nerdy Show podcast. They talk about nerdy stuff, play lots of great music and even have interviews with guys like Random.

Sir Boss

Mar 24, 2011
people are amazed when they find out i listen to Cole Porter and some of the other 50's classics
the same goes with Tom Lehrer, Pink Floyd, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Steve Miller Band, Two Steps from Hell.
suffice to say, my musical tastes don't exactly sync up with my outside appearance and demeanor.

DoxyGrim

May 19, 2011
BrokenCYDE, Millionaires, Ke$ha (not technically a band,) and Meg & Dia. I listen to all of them, and people generally freak out or ask "Are you okay?" when they hear me listening to them.

I usually listen to bands like Evanescence, Hannah Fury, Abney Park, Emilie Autumn, September Mourning, The Cog is Dead, Creature Feature, Pantera, Megadeth, Metallica, etc.